eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old November 17th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Junior eCharchan

Bagheera is infamous around these partsBagheera is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Bores

The unfortunate people who are boring are either born like that or become like that due to infancy accidents (oxygen deprivation/injury to brain) or due to appendix operation and last but probably not the least prenatal and infantile malnutrition, namely lack of correct nutrition to pregnant women and to infants. While they are at it they don’t realize they are boring the listeners. Once they are born or become like that they remain that way whole life. Nothing can be done about it. You have to sympathize with boring people. They can’t make friends, go for dating, cheer up their family and it may also affect their professional career. It’s a handicap.

Last edited by Bagheera; December 1st, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old November 17th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
The unfortunate people who are boring are either born like that or become like that due to infancy accidents (oxygen deprivation/injury to brain) or due to appendix operation. While they are at it they don’t realize they are boring the listeners. Once they are born or become like that they remain that way whole life. Nothing can be done about it. You have to sympathize with boring people. They can’t make friends, go for dating, cheer up their family and it may also affect their professional career. It’s a handicap.
Appendix operations can be quite painful. Actually, I've never had an appendix operation or appendix issues, but I've heard that people with appendicitis have suffered a lot of pain. I feel bad for such people. I can't make them feel bad for not being able to provide entertainment while their appendix is hurting. Lack of oxygen can also cause a lot of issues for the infant besides a personality charge wherein the said infant is prone to becoming boring. Lack of oxygen may be caused by apnea or clogged lungs. It is hard to ascertain the causal relationship becoming a persons ability to cause boredom and oxygen deprivation during infancy and/or early childhood. At this point, such statements are pure conjecture and hyperbole.
There is no emperical evidence to suggest that boring people are born that way or if they develop this skill over time. In other words, is a person's ability to bore a psychological attribute or is it a physiological attribute? Can one outweigh the other? Is so, what would be the defining parameters and environmental factors that could be deterministic? Thanks for reading.

Old November 17th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent topic... and a great comeback from Kalisaand pai

This is not an easy conclusion. Can we conversely say that interesting people got too much oxygen in their infancy? What is the relation of oxygen and topics? As trees get uprooted around the world and oxygen gets depleted, will we all turn out to be boring people?

On the other hand, can a person who is boring to one be interesting to another? So is it possible that oxygen plays a role in the attention-deficiency of a person? Is it possible that all we need to do for a ADHD person is to give him a boost of oxygen?

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I have been told by a set number of people that I am 'interesting' and others 'nerd and boring'. How does one draw a blanket conclusion as to who is boring or not and to whom?

Sane, are you saying that people ADHD are boring? How are they two related? I dont see it.
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Sane, are you saying that people ADHD are boring? How are they two related? I dont see it.
I was talking about the counterpart to the boring person... the person who claims that someone is boring. If a person is boring then there is someone who actually deems the person boring. In that case that other person has an attention deficiency... s/he gets easily bored. An example in this thread is Baghjeetfail pai (tai?).

It is all relative.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I was talking about the counterpart to the boring person... the person who claims that someone is boring. If a person is boring then there is someone who actually deems the person boring. In that case that other person has an attention deficiency... s/he gets easily bored. An example in this thread is Baghjeetfail pai (tai?).

It is all relative.
Oh gotcha. ...
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have been told by a set number of people that I am 'interesting' and others 'nerd and boring'. How does one draw a blanket conclusion as to who is boring or not and to whom?

You raise an important question - can one be boring and interesting at the same time? A while ago, I was reading about the interpretations of quantum mechanics by a scientist called Schrodinger. He coined a term called Verschränkung, which means entanglement. He came up with a theory called Copenhagen interpretation, which described how one could, in principle, create a superposition in a large-scale system by making it dependent on a quantum particle that was in a superposition. In other words, an atom or photon can exist as a combination of multiple states corresponding to different possible outcomes. The quantum system remained in this superposition until it interacted with, or was observed by the external world, at which time the superposition collapses into one or another of the possible definite states. In order to illustrate his point, he put a cat in a sealed box. Now tell me - is the cat dead or alive? Well, it is all depends on WHEN you open to box to check. Until that time, the cat exists in both states - dead and alive. Physicists often use Schrödinger's cat as a way of illustrating and comparing the particular features, strengths, and weaknesses of each interpretation.

Old November 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Kalidas, I know all about Schrödinger's cat (thanks to Dr. Sheldon Cooper). It is perfectly possible for someone to be boring and interesting at the same time. Say I quote Schrödinger's cat at a kitty party, I would be called 'boring' (or bonkers or even be asked if my cats name is Schrödinger (no offense to kitty-party-goers)) but if I talk about it with someone equally interested in physics, then perhaps I am not boring. See where I am coming from?

And appendix has nothing to do with being boring. its just an organ.
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Kalidas, I know all about Schrödinger's cat (thanks to Dr. Sheldon Cooper). It is perfectly possible for someone to be boring and interesting at the same time. Say I quote Schrödinger's cat at a kitty party, I would be called 'boring' (or bonkers or even be asked if my cats name is Schrödinger (no offense to kitty-party-goers)) but if I talk about it with someone equally interested in physics, then perhaps I am not boring. See where I am coming from?

And appendix has nothing to do with being boring. its just an organ.
The statement - 'it's just an organ' - has an implicit assumption that all organs are incapable of influencing the state of being boring or interesting. I would challenge this assumption. There were several instances where I was having conversations with women and they were commiserating on their daily grind; which would normally be construed as 'boring'. However, display of certain parts of organs made the conversation very interesting.

Old November 17th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:

You brought up another interesting question. If Schrodinger invited you to a kitty party, would you go and not go?

Old November 17th, 2014, 11:50 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
You brought up another interesting question. If Schrodinger invited you to a kitty party, would you go and not go?
whats a kitty party? Does 'Kitty' denote women? So the women get together and have a party in the middle of the day, does it have any serious agenda?
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Yes, i would go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
whats a kitty party? Does 'Kitty' denote women? So the women get together and have a party in the middle of the day, does it have any serious agenda?
usually there is cake/samosas/tea etc. people play small games. I feel bored. I neither have the time and nor the inclination to go anymore. I will make an exception for Schrodinger.

Last edited by Aashika; November 17th, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Err Kitty party is only for women......... Kitty is cat.... What's the other word for cat ??
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old November 18th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Err Kitty party is only for women......... Kitty is cat.... What's the other word for cat ??
That's true ... kitty party is for women. Pussy party is for men.

Old November 18th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
That's true ... kitty party is for women. Pussy party is for men.
When you put it that way, it gives a whole new meaning to kitty.