eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old January 19th, 2011, 05:41 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Amitabh wears a wig !!

I know that echarchans are very smart and may know this , but certainly I didnt know, and was profoundly shocked to hear that Amitabh wears a wig !!

This certainly is one of bollywood's best-kept secrets , and I came to know this only because my father attended a lecture on cosmetic surgery ,where the doctor giving the lecture revealed this fact .

I searched on the net and found this-

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Amita...han_wear_a_wig

If this is true , and most probably it is , then the press certainly co-operates a lot with the top actors . Considering that Amitabh had a bad relationship with the press in the 70s and 80s , when he never gave interviews , the press has certainly forgiven him .

Of course , the press co-operating with stars is nothing new.....for example , the fact that many female stars smoke is carefully hidden by not publishing any photos of them smoking . While male stars themselves give photos of themselves smoking as it is considered macho, photos of female actors smoking are rarely found as it will affect their image among our backward audiences .

Still ,this was a surprise.....
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:44 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amitabh wears a wig !!

Here are some Indian personalities famous for their wigs:

Rajinikanth – This balding grandpa and Tamil movie superstar wears a wig when he acts with girls who are young enough to be his great-grand daughters. Like his Sivaji co-star Shriya Saran, for instance.

Raaj Kumar – The late Bollywood actor of Jaani fame was known to wear a wig.

Rajkumar – Kannada film star Rajkumar (1929-2006) used to wear a wig in some of his movies.

Rakesh Roshan – In his forgettable days as an actor, Rakesh Roshan (better known as father of Hrithik Roshan) used to wear a wig to cover up his premature baldness.

Dewang Mehta – The late Executive Director of the Indian software association Nasscom was never seen without his wig. Dewang was a great guy who did a lot to promote the Indian software industry in the early days (Nasscom’s present chief Som Mittal is also bald as a door-knob but he does not wear a wig).

MGR – The late Tamil film actor and politician wore a wig in many of his movies. In public, MGR was never seen without his fur cap in his later years.

Future Wig Wearers?

Salman Khan – Bollywood bad-boy Salman Khan is said to be losing his hair at an alarming rate.

Aamir Khan – Another Bollywood star who seems to be going bald pretty fast is Aamir Khan.

Sathyaraj – Tamil film hero and villain

Karthik (Mouna Ragam) – Tamil movie star

http://www.searchindia.com/2008/09/3...es-their-wigs/

Last edited by ashdoc; January 19th, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
I know that echarchans are very smart and may know this , but certainly I didnt know, and was profoundly shocked to hear that Amitabh wears a wig !!

This certainly is one of bollywood's best-kept secrets , and I came to know this only because my father attended a lecture on cosmetic surgery ,where the doctor giving the lecture revealed this fact .

I searched on the net and found this-

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Amita...han_wear_a_wig

If this is true , and most probably it is , then the press certainly co-operates a lot with the top actors . Considering that Amitabh had a bad relationship with the press in the 70s and 80s , when he never gave interviews , the press has certainly forgiven him .

Of course , the press co-operating with stars is nothing new.....for example , the fact that many female stars smoke is carefully hidden by not publishing any photos of them smoking . While male stars themselves give photos of themselves smoking as it is considered macho, photos of female actors smoking are rarely found as it will affect their image among our backward audiences .

Still ,this was a surprise.....
I used to think this was a rumour when this news had started making waves during the first season of Kaun banega Crorepati! So I'd ignored it... rather refused to believe it!

I still don't trust this news because the link that you have provided is for Wiki-Answers, which are provided by other people! This may/may not be a fact!
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Amitabh had said in some interview that he goes for hair weaving
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:58 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post
I used to think this was a rumour when this news had started making waves during the first season of Kaun banega Crorepati! So I'd ignored it... rather refused to believe it!

I still don't trust this news because the link that you have provided is for Wiki-Answers, which are provided by other people! This may/may not be a fact!
Me too.
little surprised i will be if this is true for the fact that how did Big B kept this a dark secret such that there was not even a rumour of him possibly being a taklu
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post

Receding hairline/baldness is a common disorder in males today men in their 30s start losing hair,Amitabh to fir bhi budha hi
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:00 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Receding hairline/baldness is a common disorder in males today men in their 30s start losing hair,Amitabh to fir bhi budha hi
yes. his son should start getting bald by now
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Abe Doctor,hair weaving karwane walo ke list nahi daala
let me name a few for you
Jackie Shroff
Govinda
Sunny Deol
Bobby Deol
Apna Sutradhar ka Salman
Jitendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Here are some Indian personalities famous for their wigs:

Rajinikanth – This balding grandpa and Tamil movie superstar wears a wig when he acts with girls who are young enough to be his great-grand daughters. Like his Sivaji co-star Shriya Saran, for instance.

Raaj Kumar – The late Bollywood actor of Jaani fame was known to wear a wig.

Rajkumar – Kannada film star Rajkumar (1929-2006) used to wear a wig in some of his movies.

Rakesh Roshan – In his forgettable days as an actor, Rakesh Roshan (better known as father of Hrithik Roshan) used to wear a wig to cover up his premature baldness.

Dewang Mehta – The late Executive Director of the Indian software association Nasscom was never seen without his wig. Dewang was a great guy who did a lot to promote the Indian software industry in the early days (Nasscom’s present chief Som Mittal is also bald as a door-knob but he does not wear a wig).

MGR – The late Tamil film actor and politician wore a wig in many of his movies. In public, MGR was never seen without his fur cap in his later years.

Future Wig Wearers?

Salman Khan – Bollywood bad-boy Salman Khan is said to be losing his hair at an alarming rate.

Aamir Khan – Another Bollywood star who seems to be going bald pretty fast is Aamir Khan.

Sathyaraj – Tamil film hero and villain

Karthik (Mouna Ragam) – Tamil movie star

http://www.searchindia.com/2008/09/3...es-their-wigs/
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lo... yeh bhi barabar hain...

Come to think of it... his hair does look the same in all the movies... Same style of partition... Same fall of his locks... Hmm... then again... so many of us hardly ever mess with our hairstyles anyway!
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Quote:
Abe Doctor,hair weaving karwane walo ke list nahi daala
let me name a few for you
Jackie Shroff
Govinda
Sunny Deol
Bobby Deol
Apna Sutradhar ka Salman
Jitendra
Add Salman Khan to that list... He's confessed it himself!
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
yes. his son should start getting bald by now
Lack of sleep,working round the clock,no proper diet etc are the reasons for hair loss.Maybe Abhishek also goes with Sallu to get his hair patched up in Dubai
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

I always suspected this... His hair looks a little strange.... the worst wig award should have gone to Dewang Mehta... what a horrible wig he had...

Old January 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Lack of sleep,working round the clock,no proper diet etc are the reasons for hair loss.Maybe Abhishek also goes with Sallu to get his hair patched up in Dubai
nahi bhau, much earlier than 30s. I think it is also to do a lot with pollution.
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind if any actor wears a wig. If they feel they have to, then good for them. I just care about how they act and look on the screen.
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Junior eCharchan

Gajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond reputeGajodhar has a reputation beyond repute

My old professor had some connection with Amitabh. He told us once that he does wear a wig. Have you seen pics of Amitabh taken to hospital when he was ill couple of years back. He was always seen in a monkey cap/wollen cap on the way to hospital multiple times. Who needs a wollen cap in Mumbai...