eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old August 12th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Nageen..Herpes...are they the same??

i do not know if you guys have heard about nageen.This is what they call in marathi.you get an array of sores or boils over your body..and they keep spreading like a crawling snake(nag).When they complete a round or circle,the person is dead.
a 70 year old woman in my neighborhood has been detected with nageen.she has been given medicines for herpes.Now herpes is an STD..this buddhi aurat is too old to have an STD.My mother told me about her medicines which are actually made for herpes..and my mom didnt know whats herpes is..and when i told herpes is an std she asked me to STFU..so can anyone tell me if these two are the same or different..
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nageen..Herpes...are they the same??

Nageen is commonly known as Shingles and is caused by a virus called herpes zoster. It has some connection with the chicken pox virus.

Genital Herpes is the STD you are thinking of and is totally different from herpes zoster.

The band of sores in shingles only stays on one side of the body. A person affected by this does not die if the band completes a circle. This is an old wives tale.
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:19 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

And also there is some difference between the herpes that you get on the mouth and one on the genitals . only the genital one is the STD i think
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:26 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Nageen is commonly known as Shingles and is caused by a virus called herpes zoster. It has some connection with the chicken pox virus.

Genital Herpes is the STD you are thinking of and is totally different from herpes zoster.

The band of sores in shingles only stays on one side of the body. A person affected by this does not die if the band completes a circle. This is an old wives tale.
Right........

Shingles is reactivation of old chickenpox infection.

genital herpes is called herpes simplex and it is different.

shingles should be cured early or some residual pain remains which is hard to cure.
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

oh ok...i didnt know this....what is DEVI???Om Puri had that i guess
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
oh ok...i didnt know this....what is DEVI???Om Puri had that i guess
Devi is smallpox ,a disease with a high mortality rate.

It is eradicated now , and the only viruses of the disease that exist are in a lab in US.

It used to cause formation of small pock marks on the face or small pocks , hence called smallpox.

Also fever leading to complications which can be fatal.

Shammi Kapoor lost his wife actress Geeta Bali to smallpox.

Mata means measles.
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Shammi Kapoor lost his wife actress Geeta Bali to smallpox.
Vot ? I always thought Geeta Bali was Guru Dutt's wife.... and was called by the new name Geeta Dutt. I believe she died of some disease.

Also are Measels and Chicken Pox same ? Is Chicken Pox to Chicken like Swine flu is to Swine ? What about Chicken Gunia ? Why is it only in India and not anywhere else in the world ?
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
Vot ? I always thought Geeta Bali was Guru Dutt's wife.... and was called by the new name Geeta Dutt. I believe she died of some disease.

Also are Measels and Chicken Pox same ? Is Chicken Pox to Chicken like Swine flu is to Swine ? What about Chicken Gunia ? Why is it only in India and not anywhere else in the world ?
its chikun gunia not chicken gunia...
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Don't know ... too long ago. Krantibhai ... were we born yet?

Also are Measels and Chicken Pox same ?
Is Chicken Pox to Chicken like Swine flu is to Swine ?
What about Chicken Gunia ?
Why is it only in India and not anywhere else in the world ?
No.

No.

Gunia? We have a thread in archives ... Dengue? ... I think ... tolerable discomfort in its mild form but deadly and life-long complication in its most viral form ... mosquitoes!

No ... if its Dengue we talking about.

JaiSpeakbhai ... NO to your wonderment. No cure ... no prevention except if you can stay happy always. Remains mostly dormant except during times of extreme emotional or physical stress. Doctors make you buy tubes of ointment but its of no use really ... slows healing process. Keep dry always ... get a cube of ice and rub on it ... heals faster. Cover ... if you need to ... get a tiny piece of tissue ... toilet will do ... wet it with finger-tip of water or saliva ... press it on the thing and leave it to avoid any infection.

Of course ... needless to add ... let our Doctor Ashdoc Sahibji confirm and verify ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:26 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:

Measles and chickenpox are not the same.

Measles causes red blotches to appear on the body.

Chickenpox causes macules that convert into papules to appear on the body ,which later leave pocks ( pox ) on the body, but in many cases the pocks are not permanent.

It has nothing to do with chicken.

Chickenguniya has nothing to do either . it is an viral disease which originally came from africa .the word chickengunya means ----that which bends up ,referring to the pain in joints that the disease causes .

Last edited by ashdoc; August 12th, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
senior echarchan

If you think a kiss is just a kiss, you might want to think again, for the simple pleasure now comes with a warning-it can
cause herpes. The Australian Herpes Management Forum, which is to start an awareness campaign, has warned that a kiss is a major transmitter of herpes. The symbol of affection "poses risks to both adults and children".

"No parent kissing their child or partner kissing their girlfriend wants to pass along the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), but people should be aware this is the main method of transmission. Once you have been infected with HSV-1 or HSV-2, the virus stays in your body for life and can reactivate at any time," the Australian media quoted AHMF's Executive Director Tricia Berger.

"If you have a herpes sore on or near your mouth, it is likely that you'll pass the virus along to whomever you kiss. It is also possible to transmit the virus even when there are no apparent sores or symptoms, but the risk is higher when the sores are visible," Berger said.

HSV-1 is the variant of the virus otherwise referred to as cold sores. It is commonly acquired as a child from contact, often a kiss, with adult relatives.

Berger said the herpes risk posed by kissing would be the main theme of a new community service awareness campaign. Television and radio ads will be aired nationally from August up to National Herpes Awareness Day, in October.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/n...ow/4902526.cms

Last edited by ashdoc; August 17th, 2009 at 09:01 PM.