eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > TV and Radio

Notices

TV and Radio Whats up with your favorite show?

Old February 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Narad

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Karamchand - back after 20 years

Karamchand is back after 20 years. it was as good as it alsways was.
Beforer any more discussions, just want to know if any one has seen the old one and if any one has seen the new one?
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: back after 20 years

Could you give some more information ? Which channel , timing, actors ?
Old February 12th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Narad

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
Could you give some more information ? Which channel , timing, actors ?
It is on Sony entertainment TV Monday 9 PM (or was it sunday) . It stars Pankaj Kapoor who plays the same title role he did 20 years back.
Old February 12th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

maine kewal nam suna hai.bahut famous hua tha ye serial.
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Junior eCharchan

hindweb is on a distinguished road

He is a useless Hindu who let his son be brought up a muslim. Do you guys know that this guy is the father of Shahid Kapur? and I read somewhere that Shahid kapur's mom had brought him up 100% muslim!

I am not all that thrilled!
Old February 13th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Narad

Useless Hindu he may be, but quite a decent actor. He was quite good in 'Dus' as well as the earlier run of Karamchand.

Shahid Kapur - yes he is Pankaj kapur's son knew that earlier.
100% Muslim?- well his MMS with kareena may not be that well appreciated by Imams (They will forgive him if brings one more person into ....)

Well, SRK teaches his kids Gayatri Mantra among other things, but that is not going to make me join the hordes of NRIs , Girls, etc. to become his fan.
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars
Useless Hindu he may be, but quite a decent actor. He was quite good in 'Dus' as well as the earlier run of Karamchand.

100% Muslim?- well his MMS with kareena may not be that well appreciated by Imams (They will forgive him if brings one more person into ....)

Well, SRK teaches his kids Gayatri Mantra among other things, but that is not going to make me join the hordes of NRIs , Girls, etc. to become his fan.
Here's the insider information...Late Pankaj Kapoor is not biological father of Shahid Kapoor. However, it is true that he is Nilima Azim's son

Any wonder Phatichar divorced Azim?
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Pankaj kapoor..decent actor....
What the...... he is one of the best actors around.... and these are not my words... all the stalwarts of indian cinema(stalwarts not stars) viz. Om puri, Naseer, Ketan Mehta, Maniratnam etc. say that. Watch "Ek doctor ki maut/ Ye woh manzilain to nahin/Maqbool" and you will agree with me. There was a serial on DD "Neem ka Ped" where he excelled again.... it was written by my favorite "Rahi Masoom Raza'.

However I do rememmber the theme of the old serial.... and know that he used to eat Gaajar(Carrot) and uttered "shutup, kitty" every now and then to his secretary..... but dont remember any episodes. These dialogues were on everyone's mouth those days... I guess it was 87 or 88 when this show was on DD.

And Dhurru pai... Pankaj is still alive.

Old February 14th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala

Funny...I don't know why I believe that he died last year
Old February 14th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Banned

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:

However I do rememmber the theme of the old serial.... and know that he used to eat Gaajar(Carrot) and uttered "shutup, kitty" every now and then to his secretary..... but dont remember any episodes. These dialogues were on everyone's mouth those days... I guess it was 87 or 88 when this show was on DD.
I was trying to remember her name ...and here you said it...Kitty....I watched very few serials but this one was one of my favorite.
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Narad

Quote:
What the...... he is one of the best actors around.... and these are not my words... all the stalwarts of indian cinema(stalwarts not stars) viz. Om puri, Naseer, Ketan Mehta, Maniratnam etc. say that. Watch "Ek doctor ki maut/ Ye woh manzilain to nahin/Maqbool" and you will agree with me. There was a serial on DD "Neem ka Ped" where he excelled again.... it was written by my favorite "Rahi Masoom Raza'.

he eats gajar even in this one and says 'shut up kitty', but not so often. The new kitty is relatively attractive
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Super eCharchan

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have seen all the one u've mentioned... he's brilliant in ek doctor ki maut... frustatingly sad movie though...
Old February 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: back after 20 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars

An MMS with a goat or a camel will satisfy the Imams and Shahid Kapur will be able to redeem himself!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_to_surf
I was trying to remember her name ...and here you said it...Kitty....I watched very few serials but this one was one of my favorite.
I loved Karamchand when it ran originally. I am happy that its been launched again. Dont get Sony here via cable. Only Zee. So if you have some episodes please upload and share.

The sidekick was Kitty played by that Bengali gal who went on to act in many films as a character actress. Forgot her name.

As for Shahid Kapoor. Who cares? He is not a big star nor will he ever be. He a Muslim? Good for him. Pankaj Kapoor has long ago divorced his first wife.

Anyway, I liked Karamchand then and I look forward to it today.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Narad

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha

The sidekick was Kitty played by that Bengali gal who went on to act in many films as a character actress. Forgot her name.
Sushmita Mukherjee.