eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:32 AM
Junior eCharchan

Tsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant future
Shilpa Shirodkar's new life in London

Shilpa Shirodkar disappeared from the scene five years ago. She had stopped signing films much before that. There were rumours about her health and her sudden marriage.

We traced the actress to London where sheís now settled with her banker husband and daughter. Here she talks about her new life, filmi friends and still being crazy about Bollywood. Read on...

How and where have you been?

I am happily married in London with a two-and-half year old daughter Anushka. I am fit and fine. Earlier, we were at New Zealand and after that in Netherlands for a while. Job opportunities for my husband Aparesh brought us to London. He is a banker in Barclays.

Shilpa Shirodkar, Anushka and Aparesh
Whatís your normal day like?

Anushka wakes up at 7 am. After that, thereís so much to do. She is very agile. Itís difficult not to listen to her because she knows how to get her way through. Aparesh is back home by 6 pm. My time is pretty much taken up taking care of my home and family.

Planning a second baby?

Not for some time at least. Anushka keeps me on my toes, the whole day. I am a full-time mom.

You watch Hindi movies?

When I was working, I never used to see many movies. But today, I have become a film buff. Iím even clued to every news and gossip thatís happening in the film industry. London is the second hub of Bollywood.

You visit India often?

I try to visit at least once a year as my familyís there. I stay for about two-and-half months. In fact, Aparesh and I argue about that. (Laughs) He keeps asking why I need such a long time away from him and home. Mumbai life is an addiction. You have to keep coming back to get your fix.

Doesnít the long stay give you a hangover?

Never. In fact, I always go back rejuvenated.

Namrata Shirodkar with Anushka
Are you advising Namrata on her delivery?

Certainly. We keep talking on SMS and chat. In fact, I remain in touch with my family. We talk at least once a day. Namrata is happy and anxious, which is understandable as this will be their first baby.

Have you met her lately?

No. I am dying to see how Chinoos (Namrataís pet name) looks in pregnant state. She is five monthsí pregnant. Would you believe that she hasnít sent me one photograph as yet? I believe sheís put on ten kilos.

When did you find out you were to become a masi?
Iíll never forget that day. She told me over the phone. I was in Mumbai, Mahesh, too, was in Mumbai for some work, and Chinoos was in Hyderabad. She called me and said, ďYouíre going to become an aunt.Ē

Are you coming to India for her delivery?
Yes. She will deliver in Hyderabad and I shall be there with her for a month. Anushka has started going to nursery and I wonít be able to extend my trip. I wish she has a son. Anushka will get a baby brother to play with.

Are you in touch with Bollywood people?
Not really. I am only in touch with Madhoo and Madhuri Dixit. Few days back, Mithun Chakraborty was in the UK. We caught up at a meal.

When Sanjay Dutt was shooting here for an Abbas Mustan film, he called. That was really sweet. It feels so good that there still are people who value old friends.

Have you bonded with England?
(Laughs) Thatís a tricky one. Anushka hasnít given me the time to bond.

Whom do you support in an India-England cricket match?
India.

Will you consider acting again?
I havenít got offers, but who knows! Depends on whoís making it, who my co-actors are, and many other things. I never say never.

Source :http://ww3.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/june/139979.htm
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
Junior eCharchan

Tsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant future
Re: Shilpa Shirodkar's new life in London

May I ask who is Namarata Shirodkar married to?
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami
Abey dhakan just kidding. It clearly says "Aparesh" a banker with Barclays.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami
Namrata shirodkar is married to the Telugu Film Actor Mahesh babu
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8_Hindustani
Abey dhakan just kidding. It clearly says "Aparesh" a banker with Barclays.
Abey dhakan me too kidding Aparesh is married to SHILPA not NAMRTA
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo
Namrata shirodkar is married to the Telugu Film Actor Mahesh babu

Thanx , Cause I read Mahesh so I thought it was Mahesh Manzrekar. Mahesh Babu is a good looking guy.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 10:07 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I feel happy for Shilpa. I love her. For me, she is still my hottest and favourite film actress.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
Abey dhakan me too kidding Aparesh is married to SHILPA not NAMRTA
Sorry. Mishtake say galti ho gaya

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I feel happy for Shilpa. I love her. For me, she is still my hottest and favourite film actress.
Lekin ab moti kitni ho gayi hai. Kam se kam 10 kilo to chadha liya hai.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desa
Lekin ab moti kitni ho gayi hai. Kam se kam 10 kilo to chadha liya hai.

Yaar, apnaa chapai uska eetnaa badaa pankhaa hai ki 10 tow kyaa 100 kg chadha legi fir bhi chalegi.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Yaar, apnaa chapai uska eetnaa badaa pankhaa hai ki 10 tow kyaa 100 kg chadha legi fir bhi chalegi.
100 kg chadhaane ke baad woh chalegi nahi usse ghasitna padega...... crane se
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

A guest was viewing this thread.. So there are many more fans of Shilpa out there
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

i realized today that Shipa and Namrata Shirodkar are sisters
Two hotties

Old May 9th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
A guest was viewing this thread.. So there are many more fans of Shilpa out there
right now 2 guests are viewing this thread..maybe its time for shilpa to come back..just few days ago i was surfing thru channels to find her in gopi kishen..she was better than karishma in that movie..
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
i realized today that Shipa and Namrata Shirodkar are sisters
Two hotties
Some bulbs light up later...better late than never