eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Recipe Corner

Notices

Recipe Corner Share your tried-and-tested favourite recipes...

Old March 30th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Palak Paneer Recipe

For all those who thought it was too difficult to make - here is a quick but slightly complex recipe to make this mouth watering all time favourite recipe. Of course, as any of my recipes go, there is a personal touch to it - so some of the ingredients may not be commonplace in a recipe such as this.

Ingredients
2 cups paneer (cubed)
3 bunches (or is it bushels) of spinach leaves
1 cup spicy peanuts - more maybe needed according to taste
1 cup scotch whiskey
10 cubes of ice
1 cardboard box
1 clean empty glass

Method
Put 5 cubes of ice in clean glass. Pour half cup of scotch whisky in the same glass and stir gently. Pour the spicy roasted peanuts in an empty bowl. Take a small sip (about one teaspoon) of the scotch whisky and swirl around your mouth before swallowing. Place a few (4-6) spicy peanuts in your mouth and chew for 10 seconds. You may now swallow the peanuts as is or wash down with another small sip (about one teaspoon) of whisky. Repeat this process until the glass is empty except for some leftover ice. If the bowl with peanuts is emptied before the glass, refill with additional peanuts. In between sips and bites, feel free to scratch your balls and play with your ass (or is it the other way around). If you are a woman and dont have balls to scratch or play with .. well thats just one more in the list of cruelties that the creator has inflicted upon you - you are SOL. You can gossip on the phone instead.

Anyway - back to the recipe. Once the whisky is over refill glass with the remainder of the whisky (about half a cup). Repeat the process in paragraph one until you feel slightly light in the head. Awesome Palak Paneer is ready.

Secrets to make the recipe work
1. The cardboard box in the ingredients list is key to making the recipe work. Make sure the cardboard box is unopened and has the words Palak Paneer written on it as well as a picture of something that looks like white puke mixed in cow dung. Open this box and extract the plastic tray. Use a microwave to heat it (follow directions on the cardboard box). Remove plastic film cover and eat the contents of the tray with naan or rice.

2. The paneer and spinach bushels should be put back in the fridge for a later day. This way you can make that spinach last for several years and not use one leaf of it.

Disclaimer
To all those nancy boys who dont like the taste palak paneer out of a box - screw you. Thats what the whisky was there for - so you cant tell the difference. Even if you could, screw you anyway.

Last edited by smellyfinger; March 30th, 2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old March 30th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Awesome Palak Paneer Recipe

maan gaye ustaad but just 10 cubes of ice and 1 cup of scotch 1/2 in first, 1/2 in the next... then what Afterwards just keep scratching

Change recipe to 1 bottle of scotch and a full bag of ice

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old March 30th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
maan gaye ustaad but just 10 cubes of ice and 1 cup of scotch 1/2 in first, 1/2 in the next... then what Afterwards just keep scratching

Change recipe to 1 bottle of scotch and a full bag of ice
No the idea is to only enjoy the Palak Paneer once. What you are suggesting will cause you to taste it twice - on the way down and then again on the way up. Regurgitated Palak Paneer looks horrible and causes green stains on carpet. Actually it does not look any different than when it went in - but will stain your carpet.

Maybe the quantity of whisky and ice should be "to taste" or "swaadaanusaar" as Mr Sanjeev Kapoor says it.
Old March 30th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Smelfi pai, I had tried your recipe just a couple of days back but with a slight change in ingredients. Wifey dear was not feeling well, there were no paneer cubes or slab in the freezer, no palak in the fridge and no spicey peanuts... so did away with the first 3 items on your list... had a cardboard box... yeah... same thing, MTR's paneer palak So here's my recipe... but just for eating it as Smelfi suggests... the green stains are hard to remove

Ingredients:
Gold tequila (about 2 fingers)
Honey (2 tsp)
Fresh Lime Juice (2 tsp)
Crushed ice
1 cardboard box
1 clean empty glass

Method
Fill up 3/4ths of a shaker with crushed ice, and add the first 3 ingredients. Now hold the shaker in one hand and get it going... shake... shake... shake... the other hand is free to scratch around. I could not scratch my balls as my kids were around, but I was scratching away... armpits... head... neck... back... knees . Smelifi pai did not mention this in his version, but this scratching is very important as it brings a quaint delicateness to the final flavour of the dish. And for god's sake keep away from the phone.

Pour the shaken liquid into the clean glass... and sip away... and you can keep scratching away too Because of its great taste you can skip any chakna... won't need it. While you are sipping this delicious concoction, open the cardboard box... do not... repeat... do not follow the directions on the box. Tear the packet and pour the contents into a nice cooking utensil. Put it on a medium flame... add some salt to bring the taste to the correct level. Bring it to a boil. Ultra Awesome Paneer Palak is ready. You can eat it with rice or roti

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Sane Pai, try substituting 1800 instead of Gold in your Recipe
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo
Will be a lot better if he substitutes his own original idea no?
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Nope Virgin pai, gold is not a brand but a type... like white or gold tequila 1800 looks like a brand... will try sometimes

Old March 30th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

1800 is gold too.. I dont like white tequila's for some reason..

Btw.. Gold is a brand too
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger
Will be a lot better if he substitutes his own original idea no?
No way can you say it is not original I created it from scratch 2 days before you wrote it down... mine is more originally original than yours

Old March 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
1800 is gold too.. I dont like white tequila's for some reason..

Btw.. Gold is a brand too
my bad

short message ki

Old March 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

You know the reason I dont like white tequilas is because I believe they are not aged as much as Gold's.. what say you?? Any preferences??
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
You know the reason I dont like white tequilas is because I believe they are not aged as much as Gold's.. what say you?? Any preferences??
I like gold too... tastes better... white tequila is no fun used in margaritas

Old March 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Aaayla.. kay bolto!!!

Sahi hai recipe.. weekend pe try karta hoon!!
Old March 31st, 2006, 07:18 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Smelly has posted quite a few nice recipes in the past, but somehow I had a feeling that this was going to be something funny; coz smelly hasn't posted a real recipe in a loong time now. Right melly pai ?

I had read this thread a long time back, and somehow yesterday when I read smelly starting a recipe thread, it reminded me of this funny one & I had a feeling this would be another funny one. Good one Smelly.
Old March 31st, 2006, 07:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

I opened the thread by thinking his boiled egg recipe.....as I reached ingredient whisky I got that some new version of .....Smelly Style Cooking... Good recipe .....may be I can use wine instead whisky.