eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old August 24th, 2001, 01:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Maharashtrian talking about Marathas and their accents, those days are gone. I have a friend in Geneva who speaks Marathi so well that my daughters asked me whether she was a Brahmin. You will be surprised to know that she is a Maratha.
Old August 24th, 2001, 01:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by maharshtrian
Personally for me, I have the following restrictions. from my family.
She shud be prefrably kobra but can also be deshastha,
karhade brahmin or CKP

It is good that society is changing. Maybe my family is still very orthodox.
I asked this e-friend as to what his parents would say if he got married to a girl from a different community and his reply was "I am the one who is getting married". This boy is 24 years old. This is the stand that youngsters of today need to take if we have to bridge the gap between different communities.

Last edited by Netra; August 24th, 2001 at 02:14 AM.
Old August 24th, 2001, 05:35 AM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by maharshtrian
chirag, marathas are OBCs . I know that for a fact. I personally know some maratha people who got into engineering college
because of OBC status last year.
They have recently got the OBC status.
If you dont believe, check it out.

And, 96k mratha or 9600k maratha, marathas are marathas.

And it is true that CKPs deshastha koknasthas look down on marathas. This does not occur in day to day life but it does occur in matrimonials. I have a CKP friend who married a maratha girl
because he was in love with her. But t seems that his relatives were so offended that he was marrying into lower caste that many did not attend the wedding. Thats sad though.

If you dont believe, check the rohini matrimonial website and things will be clear.
Even today, it is considered below dignity to for a CKP or koknastha girl to marry a maratha boy. Dont be a hypocrite.

Also, maratha was originally mainly a farming caste . This makes them shudras. Dont you know that even their marathi accent is different? We call it gavathi. They have never touched the vedas in generations.

I am koknastha and I dont think koknasthas hate CKP.
Looks like you are a person of little knowledge but great confidence.

Tell me the truth, you being a high caste CKP. Will you ever marry a maratha girl in arranged marriage? Answer frankly.

I am not trying to start caste wars here. But facts are facts.
Talking about accent maharashtrian... then marathi spoken in any accent sounds equally nice to me and calling it gavathi [village] does does in any way give it a lowly status. you will be surprised to hear marathi of some of your own kobras and some ckps too
from the villages ... they will sound equally "gaavathi".

The maratha people you say got admission into engg collg because they weere marathas are lying. They may be ashmed to tell you their real caste because they may be chambhars or something like that.

where did u find out that the 96 kuli marathas got obc status.
pls give details regarding newspaper article read on this subject

you give me an example of how your friend and maratha girl marraigae had no visitos. well why do you want to take the basis of this one family only.
i can point out to you many cases of ckps and even kobras helping the shudras[ as you call it]

about ckps not accpting people of lowercaste well buddy .. we are the first to do so actually. bhimrao ambedkar [malum hai nah]
had come to baroda under gaikwad rule. he was not respected there by brahmins of all denominations. the ckps accepted him there and helped him in every way. my great grandfather was courtier of sayajirao gaikwad , he was also a good friend of ambedkar.

calling me a person of little knowledge is fine with me but atleast i am not trying to spread hatred amongst maharaashtrians .
i have a lots of friends from maratha community and i do not find any thing lowcaste in thim like you do.

about your question.... i will marry a maratha girl if she is really nice.
i even wont mind marring a girl from shudra community.
and if u dont know this is legal accordng to the shastras.
a high caste boy marring a girl of a lower caste is called anuloma.
however a shurad man couldnt marry a high caste women [ known as pratiloma]
The important thing here is keeping status of women unlowered

and now stop spreading this shit about ckps not likink the marathas and shudras.
Old August 24th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Chirag,

a high caste boy marring a girl of a lower caste is called anuloma. however a shurad man couldnt marry a high caste women [ known as pratiloma] The important thing here is keeping status of women unlowered

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

The rule was to protect the status of women !!!!

Hahahahaha

Shring
Old August 24th, 2001, 12:01 PM
Junior eCharchan

kobra is on a distinguished road
maharashtrian, F*** off.

Hello chiragji,

But It is true that marathas get classified under the OBC category.

I have some friends who are marathas . I know them from childhood. They have recently( probably 1-2 years back)
been added to OBC category. This is because they were able to prove that a majority of their community was uneducated in the past. This is the basis for adding to OBC. I am not saying this to insult them. I respect them. I am saying this just to give you the truth.

I dont have any views about the other issues that maharashtrian said. I think its basically a matter of personal choice.
He/She can answer that for himself.
If a CKP or koknastha can accept a maratha spouse without being ashamed, then it is good.

I personally WILL marry a maratha girl if she is cultured.
I dont think that sanskar depend on caste these days. There are many koknasthas and CKps who drink . There are also many marathas who dont touch alcohol.
So you cannot classify a person on his caste.

I know maharashtrian and he shud not post such things against shivaji. But all said and done, it is true that shivaji was a maratha shudra. That is in history. Here is a link that says that marathas are shudras.

But I think one should not say such things to hurt the feelings of maratha friends. And its 21st century. All such things are dead and gone.

http://www.dataindia.com/history.htm

Extract:
The Marathas first rose to prominence with Shivaji who took over his father's kingdom and between 1646 and 1680 performed feats of arms and heroism all over central India. As a lower caste shudra he showed that great leaders do not have to be brahmins and demonstrated great abilities in confronting the moghuls. At one time he was even captured by the moghuls but managed to escape.

But now, Why dont we stop this stupid caste discussion?

I am interested in vedic mathematics, if anyone else is then let me know.
Old August 24th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
I am interesed in it.. I posted a thread on it also.. check it out..

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...ic+mathematics
Old August 24th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
IA Amarachitrakatha is comic books series
i beg to differ on this 1...
i dont think ACK were "comics"
stuff like say,chandamama etc can be called and are in fact called comics..not ACK
Old August 24th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
This Kobra fella - he comes here on some other pseudonym - Maharashtrian???

Im interested in Vedic Maths too

Shring
Old August 24th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Junior eCharchan

No , I was introduced to this chat today.
I am not the maha guy.

He is a chemical engineer from UDCT, right maharashtrian????

Maha..., I think I know who you are but I am not sure.
I know because at one time in your profile you had given some details. you have removed them now.

correct me if i am wrong.
Old August 24th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Senior eCharchan

Kobra,

I was introduced to this chat today

AND

because at one time in your profile you had given some details

Logical Inconsistency (see underlined parts!!)

Shring
Old August 24th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Junior eCharchan

There is no inconsistency.
At one time means today as some time before this. To be precise around 1.30 AM.

Basically why would the same person log in as a different one?
Your logic and doubts dont make any sense.

Do you think that there is only one kobra in the world?
Do you think I would ask myself to f** off?
Please think logically.
Old August 24th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Kobra,

Your very first post. Your very first line. U ask someone to FO. Hahahahahaha

Shring
Old August 24th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Junior eCharchan

yes, i asked maha... to FO because he was
He was saying that CKP deshastha and koknastha look down upon marathas .
This makes our communities seem like narrow minded people.
And we are not narrow minded .

But he is probably in deep sleep now it 2.10 Am his time.

I think I know his name but I cannot reveal it on the board.
Also I am not sure if its the same person hat I am thinking of.
Old August 24th, 2001, 03:12 PM
Junior eCharchan

Shringarey
whats your point?
Are you a kobra too?
Old August 24th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Thought Id let ya know Shivaji's non-military achievements -

He established the Doctrine of an Artistic God. ("Chitrakaar Dev"). According to that doctrine, God the painter created several paintings - Hinduism, Budhism, Islam, etc. Ridiculing any one painting is like questioning the skills of the Painter. This was a full 100 yrs before Jeffersons "seperation of state and religion". His main door read "EEshwar Kripa" as against the traditional "Ram Kripa" - nearly 200 yrs before Lincoln and Stewart changed US currency from "In Jesus we trust" to "In God we trust".

In his coronation there was a controversy becos he had to take oath with God as a witness. He took oath as "God as witness, Mother's blessings and people's permission"- 90 years before Thomas Paine's "Governments are constituted ...... with the consent of the governed."

He wrote to Santokji Angre (a naval genius) to "make sails of various shapes and test them out and select the best". This might seem nothing great today - infact obvious. But at that time "experimentation" was unknown. This was his contribution to the "age of experiments", tho small.

That time Indian judiciary was hierarchical with judge-rajah-grandvazier-emperor as hierarchy. He changed it and made it process-based - the concept of "due process" and "issue of warrants". This was about 20 yrs after it was introduced in England. Whether he was influenced by developments in England or arrived by himself is unknown.

He called all the traders and asked the old and retired traders to establish a 'formal school'. This was unthinkable at that time as schools taught the religious texts, statecraft and military stuff, poetry etc. The Brahmins were miffed. In effect he started what could be called as an MBA education. The endevour failked however as he was taken prisoner by the Mughals in Treaty of Purandhar. On escaping, he never restarted (dunno exactly why)

Shring