eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old October 31st, 2000, 05:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down CBI says that Azhar confessed to match fixing with Jadeja and Mongia

According to the CBI, Azhar confessed he fixed matches with Jadeja, Mongia

NEW DELHI, OCTOBER 31: In what officially opens Indian cricket's can of worms, the CBI has alleged that Mohammed Azharuddin fixed cricket matches with the help of Ajay Jadeja and Nayan Mongia for large sums. In fact, according to the agency, Azharuddin has confessed to doing so and
has even named Jadeja and Mongia.

The CBI report, a copy of which is with The Indian Express, also states that Manoj Prabhakar, the man who seized the moral high ground in the case, introduced several foreign players to bookies and also provided information to bookies about Test matches, one-day internationals, even a Ranji Trophy match.

The report names England's Alec Stewart, Australia's Mark Waugh as well as Sri Lanka's Arjuna Ranatunga among the foreign players who were either offered or paid money by bookies.

The CBI, however, admits that it can't do much about these findings since it lacks direct evidence needed for a court of law. According to the report, the following are the main findings:

Ajay Sharma
Sharma introduced Azhar, Prabhakar and Jadeja to bookie Mukesh Gupta (MK). He also introduced Azhar to ``big time punter'' Ajay Gupta. Sharma received lakhs from MK and Gupta for this service.

Sharma also provided information regarding matches to MK and was key in getting a ``tailor-made pitch'' for a Test Match on MK's instructions. The CBI, however, admits that it lacks concrete evidence to establish these facts in a court of law and blames delay for this.

Manoj Prabhakar
Prabhakar is close to several bookies and punters, namely MK, Tipu Kohli, Anand Saxena, Sanjeev Chawla. He introduced several foreign players and provided information on several matches to MK. For introducing the foreign players and providing information on matches, he received large sums of money from MK.

Md Azharuddin
Azhar has fixed matches/performances for MK and Ajay Gupta with the help of Jadeja and Mongia. He also got large sums of money, running into lakhs, from MK and Gupta Associates. He also received money through physio Ali Irani who was well aware of Azhar's activities.

Ajay Jadeja
Jadeja was close to bookies and punters, namely Uttam CHand, Rajesh Kalra, Rattan Mehta and Krishan Kumar (implicated in the Cronje case). He provided ``assessment of matches'' and passed on information to bookie Uttam Chand for money. He also met MK and offered his services for fixing matches and received money from MK at the meeting. He is also named by Azhar as one of the players who was ``with him'' in fixing matches, with Nayan Mongia.

Foreign players
Those who were introduced by Prabhakar to bookies and were either offered or paid money include: Alec Stewart, Brian Lara, Mark Waugh, Dean Jones, Hansi Cronje, Arvinda D'Silva, Arjuna Ranatunga, Martin Crowe, Salim Malik.

Asif Iqbal, former Pak captain, is close to Mumbai bookie Anil Steel and has provided information on matches and received ``gifts'' from him.

Kapil Dev
The CBI says it has found no concrete evidence to link Kapil to the scandal. Prabhakar's allegation that he was offered Rs 25 lakh by Kapil to underperform against Pakistan during the Singer Cup in Sri Lanka has not been established.

The BCCI
Although there is no direct evidence to suggest the involvement of any baord members in match-fixing, their ``resolute indifference'' does give rise to suspicion `that there was perhaps more than meets the eye.'' The agency says: ``It defies credulity to believe that the apex body was oblivious to such rampant match fixing and therefore did not find the need to investigate thoroughly the results of matches which are patently questionable.''

BCCI is in control of huge amounts of public funds without any rules or accountability.

Taken from :
http://www.expressindia.com/ie/daily.../isp01034.html

[Edited by echarcha on 10-31-2000 at 08:30 PM]
Old October 31st, 2000, 08:04 PM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Angry as a cricket lover what should i do ?

Cricket ..a beloved game for almost every one in india.

With these confessions of cricketers i have lost my interest in watching this game. I used to be an ardent fan of Azhar's wristy shots , Jadeja's aggressive batting, jumping jack ..Mongia. Now my barin is in a confused state ..for what kind of feelings i should have for these players and this game.

What should be done to those accused of fixing matches ?
I came to know that ..hardly any one can take a serious criminal action on these players. Some body said ..to the max they can be punished for Rs. 1000 or 2 Months imprisonment . Is this punishment enough for them ?

They played / hurt the sentiments, emotions and feelings of millions of cricket lovers.

Is this the price we are paying for giving this game so much honour and value ?

Dont you guys think there is an absolute need of total revamp of the cricket council in india ?

After this incident ..i hardly can see any other department left over without getting corrupted.

we the youth and future generation of india should do some cleansing in our corrupted areas...guys bring some Baygon Spray ..lets start here with BCCI, and the chief Raj Singh.
Old November 1st, 2000, 12:43 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Latest from CBI report

• CBI report names Azhar, Prabhakar, Jadeja
  • Azhar confesses to tanking matches
  • Tendulkar admits he suspected Azhar

Shame on you cricketers. We loved you so much and now you have kicked us in the butt! Cricket was the most common binding thread among the disparate Indian scene, and you guys took allof us for a ride! How dare you?

Shame on you!!!!
Old November 1st, 2000, 06:05 PM
gandu

Two months in jail would work wonders for an attitude adjustment.

By the way, did they investigate the oldies like Gavaskar? He was rumored to be a major player in the betting games.
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Azhar confesses to match fixing with Mongia and Jadeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandu View Post
Two months in jail would work wonders for an attitude adjustment.

I don't think any of Indian players ever were prosecuted. As is the norm ... some joined India's ruling party to escape prosecution.

By the way, did they investigate the oldies like Gavaskar? He was rumored to be a major player in the betting games.

Is this the guy with tons of cash in sports club locker? Nothing happened to him. As is the norm in India ... he gets lot of respects.
Hey Ram! ..........
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Hey Ram! ..........
Seriously ! No Seriously ! No really ! No Kidding ! What are you smoking ? Is it that good ? No really ? For real I am asking you .
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Yogi ko 10 saal ke baad pata chala yeh ..
Old December 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Yogi ko 10 saal ke baad pata chala yeh ..
so what? देर आये, दुरुस्त आये, पर आये तो सही !! ..

I think there is some kind of thread fixing going on. Someone wanted to crown a few ancient threads, I think
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old December 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Enough is enough. You guys keep harassing me just cause I am gay? There are laws against discriminating against gays and lesbians. India has legalised gayism. We gays are extremely talented men. You guys should see the clothes I design for clients. Better to be gay than like rest of you Indian men ... hijras!

This thread is 10 years old ... I can read. The reason for revival is simply to make a point ... all these scams? ... nothing will happen as long as it involves Kaangress. Don't you now feel sorry for Paki cricket players? ... Indian cricket players got away with it ten years ago ... so why has ICC banned Paki players? SR and Salmon speak the truth ... Pukes are innocent.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!