eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

View Poll Results: Will Modi Bring India Out Of The Manmohanic Mess Of The UPA As PM?
Yes, he has the proven strength to do so. 10 83.33%
No, he cannot win powerful regional allies 0 0%
Maybe, if he gets at least 190+ seats for the BJP 2 16.67%
India is down and out no one can bring it out of the downward spiral. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Narendra Modi : Answer To India's Prayers?

Metro Work is going on in Ahmedabad since last 3-4 months.

... So its pretty late, in my view....

Who develops air ports? States or Airport authority of India? It comes directly under Your beloved UPA.

Oh sorry, My bad.... Didnt realise that its the job of the Central government... But that sadly takes away even more sheen from the CM, because he had even more time, then with him.... Didnt have to worry about airports...!!

Define decent. BRTS in ahmedabad is more than decent. google it for how many awards it has won. Similar BRTS is being developed in Surat also and other cities will follow.

Yes, Ahmedabad's BRTS is successful, there's no doubt about it....

For development u need space. Do u even realize what astodia is? It is known for its traditional pols and heritage buildings. u want to destroy them in order to develop?

Just replied this a post ago.... If Astodia is crowded, then does it mean that the Interstate Bus stop cannot be shifted elsewhere....??

What about RTO? U mean Office is not good or working is not good? The office of RTO is just like any other govt office. working is also just like anyother office. What do u expect when u go to govt office? The corruption is less there as they have removed the agents who used to bribe the officers to get license. Now next to RTO some district court or collector office is built

.. I would have expected a glorified CM to set the governement's house in Order.... Is this a decent excuse to say that RTO of Ahmedabad is a governement office and is like any other.... These things directly fall under his nose.... And who says Agents are not there.... I got my licence made two years ago thru an Agent....!!

It is Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor. DMRC is Delhi metro rail corporation. both are different. see below Image and from which states it passes. Why there is no development in other states?

DMIC is again, as you said, a central government's head ache, right.... So the development of the entire North South Corridor is a NHAI initiative.... Again, no CM charisma....

Indian Railway is a Govt of India Dept. not GoG.
Again pity your knowledge. Indian Railway is a Govt of India Dept. not GoG.

Exactly, that relieves Mr. Modi of one more assignment.... So he should have had more time to excute other things..... Since Interstate Rail connectivity doesnt fall under his purview....!!

In bihar it has started now. in gujarat it started 10 years ago. see the difference and similarity also. Both states are headed by Non Congress/Non UPA CMs.

Again Gujarat is not being compared to Bihar....!!

Talk about Nitish, yes one can see some transformation taking place there....!!! Why cant we think of Nitish as the CM with 2/3rd Majority....??

So again, if I were to compare Nitish/Sheila with Modi, they would fare equally well or better.... Modi's gujarat moved at the pace at which Gujarat was always moving....!!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
My question is about the credit for Delhi metro applying your yardstick for credit for Narmada canal completion.
In whose time was the major work done....??? Shiela oversaw it from Begining to End... 100%... Mr. Modi oversaw it from lets say 50 to 100... Infact, a Major part of the canal network was laid well before Mr. Modi came to powr.... Plus, Shiela carried forward the work of a rival government... Modi carried forward the work of its own party.... There's a difference....!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
In whose time was the major work done....??? Shiela oversaw it from Begining to End... 100%... Mr. Modi oversaw it from lets say 50 to 100... Infact, a Major part of the canal network was laid well before Mr. Modi came to powr.... Plus, Shiela carried forward the work of a rival government... Modi carried forward the work of its own party.... There's a difference....!!
I think now you are lying. So I can now see your frustrations.
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
I think now you are lying. So I can now see your frustrations.
A purely subjective statement... I need not perhaps reply to it...!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:18 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rahul , I see there is no point talking to you about this . It sounds like you have made up your mind about Modi . All your arguments you make against Modi can be made against any politician you admire , you did it in this post and in every post before . you conveniently ignore their shortcomings but demonize Modi for the same .
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Rahul , I see there is no point talking to you about this . It sounds like you have made up your mind about Modi . All your arguments you make against Modi can be made against any politician you admire , you did it in this post and in every post before . you conveniently ignore their shortcomings but demonize Modi for the same .
Sorry Jai, I never demonised him.... I just saw that he failed to take Gujarat so much ahead that he can be deified....!! That's all... And if it sounds like I have made up my mind against him then every single guy on Echarcha seems to have made up their mind against other politicians of congress too... ...

Yes, similar arguments can be made against every single politician... That's why I always say, its not the politicians who will bring about changes.... Its got to be the right demands of the public...!!! Again a new chapter of debate....!! But not now...!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I said Astodia, I meant the Interstate Bus Stop....!! If Astodia is crowded then does it mean the bus stop cannot be shifted to a more open location....?? Ten years ago, we were promised that all Bus stops in Gujarat will be huge commerical complexes.... With Intergrated Rapid Transit Systems.... So far, its not even on paper....!! That's why I raised the word Astodia....
LMFAO

before commenting try to get all the facts. Have u ever been to RTO office where BRTS stand is there? just opposite that they are building new ST bus stop and just few meters ahead a metro station is coming up. These all are just before Power house bridge. I will try to get photo next time i go there in weekends
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
LMFAO

before commenting try to get all the facts. Have u ever been to RTO office where BRTS stand is there? just opposite that they are building new ST bus stop and just few meters ahead a metro station is coming up. These all are just before Power house bridge. I will try to get photo next time i go there in weekends
And this is happening after TEN years of his being in power....!! And you think this pace of progress is Modi like...?? When are all the State Transport Buses going to get AC....!! When will the GPS Navigation be made mandatory for all vehicles passed by Gujarat RTO.... When will Digital Number Plate Tracking Project be completed....??
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry Jai, I never demonised him.... I just saw that he failed to take Gujarat so much ahead that he can be deified....!! That's all... And if it sounds like I have made up my mind against him then every single guy on Echarcha seems to have made up their mind against other politicians of congress too... ...

Yes, similar arguments can be made against every single politician... That's why I always say, its not the politicians who will bring about changes.... Its got to be the right demands of the public...!!! Again a new chapter of debate....!! But not now...!!
Its not deification. I see only a party fielding a candidate which will have national support during election at the center. But somehow I don't see your arguments as objective enough either .

Let me ask you this . Do you support MMS for a third term and why? or why not?
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Its not deification. I see only a party fielding a candidate which will have national support during election at the center. But somehow I don't see your arguments as objective enough either .

Let me ask you this . Do you support MMS for a third term and why? or why not?
Dont ask me difficult questions.... ...
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And this is happening after TEN years of his being in power....!! And you think this pace of progress is Modi like...?? When are all the State Transport Buses going to get AC....!! When will the GPS Navigation be made mandatory for all vehicles passed by Gujarat RTO.... When will Digital Number Plate Tracking Project be completed....??
So, When u r proved wrong, its too late

What has your UPA govt done for GPS navigation. Your dhongress govt is in Maharashtra/AP since last i guess 10 years. Is GPS mandatory there? Are all State Transport buses are AC? Is digital number plate tracking project completed?
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
So, When u r proved wrong, its too late

What has your UPA govt done for GPS navigation. Your dhongress govt is in Maharashtra/AP since last i guess 10 years. Is GPS mandatory there? Are all State Transport buses are AC? Is digital number plate tracking project completed?
Proved Wrong...?? On which account...?? Rather you have confirmed my findings that the Interstate Bus Stop is still to begin....!! UPA has not implemented GPS Navigation so Modi will also not do it.... So that means that Modi is no better than the dirty UPA.... Right...??
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Proved Wrong...?? On which account...?? Rather you have confirmed my findings that the Interstate Bus Stop is still to begin....!! UPA has not implemented GPS Navigation so Modi will also not do it.... So that means that Modi is no better than the dirty UPA.... Right...??
I thought UPA is better so, they might have already build all those things which u have told.
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I thought UPA is better so, they might have already build all those things which u have told.
... The Answer is No one better.... And that was my point....!! The only change that will ever come is thru rational public demand..... Anna Hazare's who have the potential to raise demands and shake the parliaments should have demanded these things: AC Buses for All.... AC trains for all.... Digital Traffic Management Systems..... Single Bank Account for each Indian thru abolition of Paper Currency..... No Mosquitoes.... No deaths on Railway tracks in Mumbai..... Toilets for 500 Million Indians....

Look what happened in UP... Two National Parties kept fighting like dogs and the cats are having free lunch there.... Sad.... I wish to see a nation, where only two parties remain.... BJP and Congress..... While Sonia Gandhi can be credited with preventing fragmentation of Congress, BJP can be credited with progress oriented outlook MINUS Many things.... Ofcourse, they failed to behave constructively in last three years and have held the parliament to ransom on vague issues like corruption and paralysing the government machinery....

But any day, whoever wins, BJP or Congress, unless there is a rational demand emerging from the masses, nothing will change....!!! Gujarat is progressive because I've always seen Gujjus to be extremely enterprising....!!! CMs may come and go... A state like Gujarat should not be dependent on a single man.... This is Gujarat and not Russia.... Where a mere thought of Putin's exit sends a shiver down everyone's spine....!! I would be the last person to advocate Gujarat so much dependent on one man....!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I thought UPA is better
... I thought Modi is better....