eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

View Poll Results: Will Modi Bring India Out Of The Manmohanic Mess Of The UPA As PM?
Yes, he has the proven strength to do so. 10 83.33%
No, he cannot win powerful regional allies 0 0%
Maybe, if he gets at least 190+ seats for the BJP 2 16.67%
India is down and out no one can bring it out of the downward spiral. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Narendra Modi : Answer To India's Prayers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

jai sonia mata. mujhe kuch nahi aata
Atleast when I went to Abad, I didnt see the AC buses... They may have been introduced now....!! But the point is that all these things coming after ten long years is something you wont expect from an over-hyped CM.... My contention is that absent Modi, even with Keshubhai in place Gujarat would have been as developed as it is now....!!

There is no specific Modi signature to all what has happened.... And when you talk of specific developments, then in every state due to the infra boom such developments have taken place.... Even in UP... And even Bihar.... Navi Mumbai, an entirely new Mumbai was developed from scratch in last ten years alone....!!! And here we are not comparing Guarat with Bihar, the analogy that you raised in the previous post....!!!

More on this can be discussed in the other thread which has discussed NM at lengths....

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40659&highlight=Role+Model+Narendra+Modi
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

The point which I wish to make is that Gujarat would have been as industrialized and developed as it is today, with or without Modi...!! For me, Ahmedabad lost its urban facade because of riots that killed Ahmedabad's IT dream forever..!!

Rest, its just like the development which Navi Mumbai or Hyderabad or Jaipur or Lucknow has seen in last ten years... No giant leaps.. If you are happy with the leaps of development in Ahmedabad, I have nothing to say.. For me, its a case of lost time to make the most vibrant city the best city...!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

RahulBhai Have you read "The Wizard of OZ"

Yes Sonia is the wizard and she has put a glass on the eyes of all congressis or else why would you see everything green
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
Atleast when I went to Abad, I didnt see the AC buses...
Not following this discussion ... just read this post.

We got AC buses here some three years back, I think. But only on some routes. Damn convenient. Because they are so cheap! You can go some 20 km for just some Rs. 40/- if I remember that route I took. An auto-wallah (no AC, bumpy ride) would have charged Rs. 200/- depending on the route. Moreover, these are Volvo buses; so they are immune to pot-holed roads.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The point which I wish to make is that Gujarat would have been as industrialized and developed as it is today, with or without Modi...!!
Yes right! only Delhi would not have developed without Ms. Sheila DikShit, isnt it? Still waiting to hear your esteemed opinion about who should get credit for the Delhi metro? Pls. refer my post here. Click Here

Last edited by viking; May 28th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For me, Ahmedabad lost its urban facade because of riots that killed Ahmedabad's IT dream forever..!!
Not following the discussion ... just read this post though.

That's the sad thing about riots we screw our own cities and our own neighbourhoods.

The surprising thing is how many educated support riots too when they are directed against their "enemy" community.

When the mobs are done rampaging, businesses are hurt, and new businesses don't want to move in. I'm surprised at how many educated people even those who have lived for years in the West do not see this simple thing.

BTW, something about Hyderabad. When the Congress-wallahs were in power, every year (especially around either Vinayaka Chaturdesi during the Ganesha immersion) there would be low-level riots. Not like 1984 or 2002, but a far smaller scale just a few stabbed, one or two killed may be, some buildings stoned, and some hotheads of both religions celebrating. But the whole thing was bad for the city as an investment destination.

Then Chandra Babu Naidu came and, as if magically, put a stop to the crap. That's what I call decent governance. Give some credit to Modi too here. After 2002, he never repeated it. While these riots happened again this year in Hyd on a small scale (now the Congress-wallahs are ruling in Hyderabad).
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just an year ago and its urban facade is just not what would be expected of such a glorified CM....
Where do u live? Chaman pura? j/k
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Atleast when I went to Abad, I didnt see the AC buses... They may have been introduced now....!!

Wow! Excellent. U didnt sit in AC bus that means they were not there and introduced later. guess what... i went to mumbai and never traveled in BEST buses. So does that means they didnt exist at that time?

But the point is that all these things coming after ten long years is something you wont expect from an over-hyped CM.... My contention is that absent Modi, even with Keshubhai in place Gujarat would have been as developed as it is now....!!

What was the achievement of Keshubhai Govt? Keshubhai was removed from CMs post no because of a single seat lost of Sabarmati Constituency. It was largely due to corruption and inaction.

There is no specific Modi signature to all what has happened.... And when you talk of specific developments, then in every state due to the infra boom such developments have taken place.... Even in UP... And even Bihar.... Navi Mumbai, an entirely new Mumbai was developed from scratch in last ten years alone....!!! And here we are not comparing Guarat with Bihar, the analogy that you raised in the previous post....!!!

read your own posts. U yourself raised that analogy. U told bihar is also developing. But it is developing NOW. under a NON UPA govt.

More on this can be discussed in the other thread which has discussed NM at lengths....

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40659&highlight=Role+Model+Narendra+Modi

smkmka
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Can someone add another poll option?

Let Rest of India Masturbate on Secularism. We want him in Gujarat.
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
None but they didnt have the kind of head start like Modi had ten years ago....!! And still many have manged to creep up to the standards of Ahmedabad and Baroda today.... And many have surpassed them.... No metro in last ten years.... No decent airport in last ten years.... No decent Public transport in last ten years..... Been to Astodia recently...?? Its still the same old thing that used to be ten years ago....!!! The RTO of Ahmedabad is still the same old story.... Had been there two years ago.... The development of North South Highway is due to the centrally planned DMRC (Delhi Mumbai Road Corridor).... What is the condition of trains between Ahmedabad and Baroda and Surat....?? Still its one intercity train between Baroda and Ahmedabad...!! And whatever development you see is a part of larger Infra boom that is taking place today even in states like Bihar....!! Real estate, yes.... Farmers in Gujarat earned valuable cash because of The Narmada canal where they got huge compensations.... NRIs have pumped in money to buy huge houses.... But that's happening in Navi Mumbai too....!! Housing construction everywhere....!!

So when we talk about final velocity, we must keep the initial velocity V0 in mind.... V0 for Gujarat was traditionally Very high.... Highly enterprising community....!! Talk about Nitish, yes one can see some transformation taking place there....!!! Why cant we think of Nitish as the CM with 2/3rd Majority....??

Well, Viking and Aragorn gave all the replies I wanted to. (I hate typing long posts), But anyways, talking about development of Astodia?

What are you smoking dude?
Seriously! What about Zaveri Bazaar, Bhuleshwar, etc in Bombay? What about Old parts like Chandani Chowk in Delhi?
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Yes right! only Delhi would not have developed without Ms. Sheila DikShit, isnt it? Still waiting to hear your esteemed opinion about who should get credit for the Delhi metro? Pls. refer my post here. Click Here
You seem too eager to claim victories... There is a difference between simply conceptualizing the job and laying foundation and carrying the major work thru its end.... In case of Delhi Metro, Shiela Dixit oversaw the major part of the job from Begining to End of Delhi Metro.... The construction work began in 1998... BJP exited from Delhi in 1998.... So there was no role BJP or ML Khurana Played in the construction Delhi Metro.... In Sardar Sarovar case, the construction work was already in progress well before he entered the scene...!!! That's the difference....!! And as such if you are too worried about the timelines then everything perhaps began with the liberalization of India Economy in 1991.... That opened the floodgates of whatever progress that has taken place....!!!

As for Delhi's development is concerned, yes Shiela Dixit made a huge impact.... Compare it with Mumbai today....!! And you'll know where the two Metros Stand....!!

Last edited by rahulpsharma; May 28th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Well, Viking and Aragorn gave all the replies I wanted to. (I hate typing long posts), But anyways, talking about development of Astodia?

What are you smoking dude?
Seriously! What about Zaveri Bazaar, Bhuleshwar, etc in Bombay? What about Old parts like Chandani Chowk in Delhi?
When I said Astodia, I meant the Interstate Bus Stop....!! If Astodia is crowded then does it mean the bus stop cannot be shifted to a more open location....?? Ten years ago, we were promised that all Bus stops in Gujarat will be huge commerical complexes.... With Intergrated Rapid Transit Systems.... So far, its not even on paper....!! That's why I raised the word Astodia....
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
smkmka
.. You still fail to get the whole point.... You admit that Gujarat was industrialized well before Modi came to power.... Gujarat had a big lead compared to many other states except Maharashtra when he took over the reins.... Now the tiny developments that you are citing are not laudable for a person of Modi's strature.....!! Things have moved but not as much as a person of his strature would have been expected to move....!!! Nobody is saying that Gujarat has moved back.... But then it hasnt moved as fast enuf...!!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
And by the way, in your opinion is Madan Lal Khurana a good guy; now that he's no longer with BJP or is he back.. Didnt check out his latest status...??
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And by the way, in your opinion is Madan Lal Khurana a good guy; now that he's no longer with BJP or is he back.. Didnt check out his latest status...??
My question is about the credit for Delhi metro applying your yardstick for credit for Narmada canal completion.