eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old July 26th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Modi gets into damage control mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
It is not damage control exercise by Modi or BJP. It is a damage control exercise by the Congress and Union Government. The monsoon session of the parliament starts today and the government was expected to face unusually united flak from the opposition over inflation, Indo-pak talks and other issues. So, the government needed an issue to distract the major opposition - BJP.

Now I am more sure of this because the Sardarji is getting into Sohrabuddin case game with his following interview. So, he is inviting the opposition to attack him on this issue, and forget the others.
You will read it wrong being a blind BJP supporter. The Hon'ble PM is clarifying that CBI operated independently. I cannot for a moment think that Manmohan Singh is such a cheap politician to resort to such dirty tricks.
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:14 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
You will read it wrong being a blind BJP supporter. The Hon'ble PM is clarifying that CBI operated independently. I cannot for a moment think that Manmohan Singh is such a cheap politician to resort to such dirty tricks.
Thanks sir. Quite naturally, you being a Congress automaton would prefer to look only at the rear end of the things, considering it the most aromatic. Thanks again.

I agree that Manmohan Singh is such a cheap politician to resort to such dirty tricks.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old July 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree that Manmohan Singh is such a cheap politician to resort to such dirty tricks.
'

Manmohan Singh is the most corrupt Prime Minister India has ever produced. Funny thing is that every body is ready to kill to prove that he is utmost honest .

Poor PVN condemned for just 5 crore scandal which he paid to JMM M.Ps led by Shibu Soren who were fools enough to deposit the 5 crore in Parliament's State Bank Branch . Poor PVN, no body beleived that he did this to save the country from unstability.

While Manmohan's Government proceeded over corruption worth Lakh of Crores and still he is Ohhhhh So Honest
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

The issue didn't need a statement from the Prime Minister at this stage. Home Minister, I can understand because CBI is his department. Coming from the PM it is nothing more than a diversionary tactic. The opposition was unprecedentedly united for the Bharat Bandh and seems determined to shake the government on the inflation issue in the monsoon session.

Old July 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
'

Manmohan Singh is the most corrupt Prime Minister India has ever produced. Funny thing is that every body is ready to kill to prove that he is utmost honest .

Poor PVN condemned for just 5 crore scandal which he paid to JMM M.Ps led by Shibu Soren who were fools enough to deposit the 5 crore in Parliament's State Bank Branch . Poor PVN, no body beleived that he did this to save the country from unstability.

While Manmohan's Government proceeded over corruption worth Lakh of Crores and still he is Ohhhhh So Honest
Come on Randheer bhau. Corruption is present in all parties but some are simply above it. Manmohan Singh cannot be such a vile person. Naah... I dont think he needs to line up his pockets and especially over such things.
Old July 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Thanks sir. Quite naturally, you being a Congress automaton would prefer to look only at the rear end of the things, considering it the most aromatic. Thanks again.

I never said Manmohan is a cheap politician, infact I said that he is NOT a cheapo.
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

I see a pattern emerging in such inquiries. Even when the SIT wanted to question Narendra Modi, they did so very close to the deadline given by the Court. Same thing with Amit Shah. The CBI had 26th July as the deadline, by timing the inquiry at the last minute, they could claim to be rushed.

Old July 26th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Arrow Re: Modi gets into damage control mode

Randheer bhau you were right. Modi should have nailed a junior cop as the fall guy. Now see what is happening...

Offcourse, there is no smoke without fire and Congress is doing the right thing in pursuing this matter for sake of justice.

Quote:

Sohrabuddin case: 2 ex-top cops turn against Amit Shah
TNN, Jul 27, 2010, 12.53am IST
AHMEDABAD: A day after he was arrested for murder and conspiracy in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi's close associate Amit Shah suffered a serious setback with two policemen agreeing to help CBI nail him.

Former DSP N K Amin, a co-accused in the case who fell out with Shah and is believed to have loads of information which could be dangerous for the former Gujarat home minister, told the CBI court of his decision to turn approver.

In a similar development, G C Raiger, former Additional DGP, turned a CBI witness after a session with officers of the central agency where he passed on "explosive information" to them. Raiger looked after the CID probe into the Sohrabuddin case before Supreme Court handed over the inquiry to CBI.

Amin's lawyers moved an application in the CBI court seeking pardon for him and for shifting to another jail for safety reasons.

A testimony by the former DSP, who featured in several encounters and acquired the reputation of a tough cop, incriminating Shah could severely undercut the former home minister's protestations of innocence.

What Shah and his colleagues should be particularly wary of is a statement confirming CBI's charge that Sohrabuddin's encounter was a fallout of Shah's alleged involvement in an extortion syndicate comprising Gujarat cops.

A corroboration of the accusation by Amin and other cops would undercut Modi's attempt to portray Shah as a victim of political frame-up and his assertion that Sohrabuddin was eliminated purely because he was a dreaded gangster wanted for several heinous crimes in many states.

Amin and Shah had telephone conversations 32 times during the week preceding the twin killings of Sohrabuddin and his wife Kauserbi in November 2005. BJP has claimed that the high frequency of calls does not prove anything by itself since Shah's job as a "hands-on" home minister required him to be in touch with cops handling sensitive assignments.

CBI is hamstrung by the fact that it does not have details of what transpired between Modi's close associate and Amin. The former DSP, however, can turn the screws on him by helping the agency fill in the gaps in its case against Shah.

Moreover, Amin was tasked with probing the fake encounter case. Though his role as investigator ended with his arrest in the same case, he obviously knows a lot, including about Shah's role.

The CBI knew it had hit bulls-eye when, during the search of Amin's home earlier this year, it found an audio recording of a conversation which has become a critical evidence against Shah. Amin, it is suspected, has more such documented evidence against plotters and executors of the plan to eliminate Sohrabuddin, Kauserbi and Tulsidas Prajapati.

Amin's move does not come as a surprise. His estrangement with other accused in the case has been evident since 2007 when he was was sent to jail. Appearing to resent his imprisionment when other "culprits" remained free, Amin hinted on a number of occasions that he could turn approver. In fact, in an affidavit filed before a sessions court in 2009, he had threatened to "expose people who were not named in the case so far". He had claimed to have enough evidence in form of voice recordings to nail people who were involved in the murder.

This suggests that his move on Monday was well thought-out and that he had fully factored in consequences, including retaliation by the co-accused.

"There is a threat to Amin's life from the other accused as all are lodged together in Sabarmati central jail here. So we have decided to move an application for jail transfer," Amin's advocate Rajesh Modi said.

Additional chief judicial magistrate A I Rawal has fixed a hearing for Tuesday afternoon.

A doctor by profession before he joined the Gujarat police, Amin was a close friend of VHP leader Pravin Togadia, as the two studied medicine at around the same time in Ahmedabad.

MORE HERE
Old July 26th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Itna sannata kyon hain bhai? Kya huan??

Old July 26th, 2010, 11:43 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:

Kuch nahi, this is not news. This was all over TV yesterday. Also, it was speculated upon for months so Amit Shah is probably prepared for this. Also, what the CBI has is "audio recordings" which may not carry weight in a court of law. Even telephone conversations are not necessarily considered as a first person account.

There was another news yesterday on Times Now.. Exclusive!!! Scoop!!! City builder confesses to paying Rs. 70 lakhs bribe to Amit Shah. Turned out that he had paid money to someone who said he was collecting on behalf of Amit Shah and that someone is a mystery person about whom nothing is known.

The CBI knows that such innuendos would not stand scrutiny in a court and may even invite approbation.

Let's see what solid evidence CBI can get against Amit Shah.

But I am wondering about the need for the following remark from you.
Quote:
....Congress is doing the right thing in pursuing this matter for sake of justice.

Old July 26th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:

But I am wondering about the need for the following remark from you.
Its because the Congress did the right thing in investigating crimes. I too dont hate BJP but some checks and balances should be there.
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

But the Congress is not pursuing it for the sake of "Justice", they are pursuing it for the sake of "politics". They had 6 months to interrogate Amit Shah, why postpone it till the last moment, and till just before the monsoon session?

Old July 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Because its the house session in which questions about this crime will be raised so Congress took the right steps. What difference does it make if they did it now and not six months ago? In the end, only thing that matters is justice.
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:05 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Because its the house session in which questions about this crime will be raised so Congress took the right steps. What difference does it make if they did it now and not six months ago? In the end, only thing that matters is justice.
Had they started the interrogation, they may have come up with zilch. As it is, they will keep the issue alive till the monsoon session, and then let the things cool off as they come up with zilch.

Old July 27th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeh lo aapke liye marvi bhau