eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old July 24th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Modi gets into damage control mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Actually the problem is the way BJP and Congress play the election game. Both realise the importance of "feel good" factor. The difference is that whereas BJP may give good government for 5 years and feel good factor, but they expect the voter to pat their back during elections. Congress screws the public for 4.5 years but they know how to lick the voters' backside during the last 6 months. Public memory is short and Congress knows how to play that very well.

BJP needs to understand that it is only at the time of voting that the voter feels powerful and needs to be pampered. When they learn that, and can still give good govt. for the remaining 4.5 years too, will we really have India shining.
BJP better learn fast from Congress. They have already lost me even before I started looking afresh at Congress.
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:44 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
BJP better learn fast from Congress. They have already lost me even before I started looking afresh at Congress.
I'd rather not. They need to find their own strategy for pleasing the voters at election time than copy Congress's. What difference will there be between the parties then?

Maybe they lost a supporter in you, but this kind of thing goes on all the time. Not everyone gets taken in by Congress hogwash, otherwise Congress wouldn't be losing ground in the states since independence. I'm sure that BJP is gaining more admirers than losing them.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old July 24th, 2010, 11:51 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, the latest is that Amit Shah has addressed a press conference in Ahmedabad to air his side of the things, and is now going straight to visit the CBI office. It is supposed to be about an hour's ride. The speculation is on about whether the CBI will intercept him midway and arrest him before he reaches their office.

Does CBI have power of arrest?

Old July 25th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

CBI inquiry/arresting/judicial custody of Amit Shah is nothing but to avoid question of inflation in the parliament session which starts tomorrow.Soo that the opposition BJP will talk only about Amit Shah in parliament,walk out etc and the inflation question would be diluted.

Jai ho Sonia Mata :jai italy:
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
CBI inquiry/arresting/judicial custody of Amit Shah is nothing but to avoid question of inflation in the parliament session which starts tomorrow.Soo that the opposition BJP will talk only about Amit Shah in parliament,walk out etc and the inflation question would be diluted.

After CBI was criticized heavily for not taking Amit shah's custody and asking for judicial custody. The will ask for custody of arrested police officers and confront them with amit shah in custody....
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
After CBI was criticized heavily for not taking Amit shah's custody and asking for judicial custody. The will ask for custody of arrested police officers and confront them with amit shah in custody....
But I liked the way Amit Shah spoke to the media.He spoke confidently,Modi really has a good team
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I liked the way Amit Shah spoke to the media.He spoke confidently,Modi really has a good team
Gujarat Congress leaders must be shivering...It was Amit shah who single handedly wrested many boards and corporation chairmainship and given it to BJP people. Now when modi will strike they will find no ground to stand...As i hv heard rumors that He has asked to find old cases involving congress leaders...but then again congress will talk of politics of revenge....
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Gujarat Congress leaders must be shivering...It was Amit shah who single handedly wrested many boards and corporation chairmainship and given it to BJP people. Now when modi will strike they will find no ground to stand...As i hv heard rumors that He has asked to find old cases involving congress leaders...but then again congress will talk of politics of revenge....
Let the congress talk about revenge,Modi should kick out each and every congressi from Gujarat,there should be no person left to say I am congressi
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Here we go again. I am all fine with your comments about Congress but do we have to go again to her origins?

Here we are, not liking this whole caste, subcaste thing. We profess to not like reservations etc, but then the moment its Congress, we have to go into 'ethnicity' of Sonia.

I am all for you bashing Congress to your heart's content, but do we have to go down the road of even involving her origin?
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Benam eCharchan

Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond reputeAnonymous has a reputation beyond repute

two things:
1. congress needs nehru/gandhi surname.
2. indians have slave mentality and consider fair skin superior. this applies to our netas too, maybe more to kangressi ones.
its destiny which has has brought her to the right place at the right time maybe
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is the inefficiency and incompetency of BJP which myself and Cha Pai are talking about. Why didn't they did it in 2002 only. They should have bashed some Media Guys also. Small crime but India would have been spared two terms of Corrupt Congress.

How come Teesta Stelwaad live in Ahemdabad and bark on every channel against his state's chief minister Narendra Modi. Try saying anything against Congress Chief Minister and then you are sure to be found in some gutter

Would Teesta have tried the same thing against late YSR the ex-CM of A.P
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
That is the inefficiency and incompetency of BJP which myself and Cha Pai are talking about. Why didn't they did it in 2002 only. They should have bashed some Media Guys also. Small crime but India would have been spared two terms of Corrupt Congress.

How come Teesta Stelwaad live in Ahemdabad and bark on every channel against his state's chief minister Narendra Modi. Try saying anything against Congress Chief Minister and then you are sure to be found in some gutter

Would Teesta have tried the same thing against late YSR the ex-CM of A.P
Let me narrate a incident from my life with respect to BJP. My maternal uncle is a big fan of BJP. He is a staunch supporter.

Remember that a few years ago Lalkrishna Advani said that Jinnah was secular. This created a media storm and people were upset with Advani for prasing Jinnah.

At that time my uncle was saying no this was a BJP masterstroke, etc. Even a few reporters wrote that this was a genius masterstroke etc in the newspapers. I told my uncle bluntly - Common man does not understand such genius and master stroke etc. He thinks BJP is for Pakistan!

What happened? In the next elections this statement came to haunt BJP more than ever and they anyway fell flat.

Problem with BJP is that they think they are very deep thinkers and very profound when they make statements. What they sorely lack is Shakuni Mama type thinking which Congress has perfected over the years.

So as long as BJP has leaders, supporters and thinkers like my uncle the BJP will never ever win.
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute

Few year back I was too in damage control mod as my law-party was favoring 99% towards BJP.. I never show my interest in politics for many years before them just to prevent argumentum due to differnce in our views.. during my last visit I observed that they are openly saying that BJP remain just bunch of pseudo intellectuals.. but I am still not showing any interst in politics before them
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous View Post
Few year back I was too in damage control mod as my law-party was favoring 99% towards BJP.. I never show my interest in politics for many years before them just to prevent argumentum due to differnce in our views.. during my last visit I observed that they are openly saying that BJP remain just bunch of pseudo intellectuals.. but I am still not showing any interst in politics before them
marvel bhau,

I too was a total avid supporter of BJP. I still have a soft spot for Shiv Sena but that too is fast vanishing because Balasaheb is no longer in charge and his son Uddhav is a total novice, naive and arrogant about politics. I can understand a novice but naivette with arrogance is a deadly combination.

Even today most of my family is all for BJP but I have digressed because BJP is not pseudo-intellectuals but only full of people who think they are intelligent. To be pseudo intellectual you have to be aware that you are being one, but here all of them are just plain unaware that what they think is intelligent is really not.

Had we not had Congress, by now we would have further disintegrated. I know we appease minority way too much but its better than having a Isral Palestine situation on our hands.
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:11 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

It is not damage control exercise by Modi or BJP. It is a damage control exercise by the Congress and Union Government. The monsoon session of the parliament starts today and the government was expected to face unusually united flak from the opposition over inflation, Indo-pak talks and other issues. So, the government needed an issue to distract the major opposition - BJP.

Now I am more sure of this because the Sardarji is getting into Sohrabuddin case game with his following interview. So, he is inviting the opposition to attack him on this issue, and forget the others.

Quote:
CBI is not 'Congress bureau of investigation': PM

IANS, Jul 26, 2010, 10.49am IST

NEW DELHI: The CBI is not the "Congress bureau of investigation", Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Monday, refuting the Bharatiya Janata Party's allegations of conspiracy behind the arrest of its leader Amit Shah.

"CBI... is not Congress bureau of investigation. CBI is not a mouthpiece of the Congress," Manmohan Singh told reporters outside Parliament before the beginning of the monsoon session on Monday.

more here....