eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute
Ask me anything metaphysical and I shall reveal you the truth...

Do you have questions about god, gods, soul etc? Question me here....
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask me anything metaphysical and I shall reveal you the truth...

OK. I got a question. Could you explain to me the importance of astrology and horoscopes and the role of auspicious/inauspicious times and dates in a human's life?

EDIT: This question is inspired by Rakhi Tai's thread, which you can check out for yourself on the main page.

Last edited by chaiwaala; June 28th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origmos View Post
Do you have questions about god, gods, soul etc? Question me here....
Why do gods keep asking me to do things and then check to see if I did them or not Aren't they already supposed to know whether I will do them or not

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Why do gods keep asking me to do things and then check to see if I did them or not Aren't they already supposed to know whether I will do them or not
Well, since Guruji is not here, I will answer your question. Once Guruji comes back, he will do the needful.

God is omniscient and He knows everything there is to know.

Hope this answers your query.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
Well, since Guruji is not here, I will answer your question. Once Guruji comes back, he will do the needful.

God is omniscient and He knows everything there is to know.

Hope this answers your query.
No. That is my question.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
No. That is my question.
OK. Please wait for Guruji ...
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
OK. I got a question. Could you explain to me the importance of astrology and horoscopes and the role of auspicious/inauspicious times and dates in a human's life?
Excellent question, chaiwaala.

Let me tell you why....

You ask me about some of the greatest and also some of the least credible things about Hinduism in the eyes of the skeptic: Astrology.

Here is the best defence against Astrology the skeptic/leftist/communist/secularist might put forward: it does not agree with scientific thought. Shani is just Saturn and Rahu is just an eclipse.

But after two decades of suffering I known the truth and here is the answer to your question. It would satisfy if you are not stupid or naive enough.

Origmos Answer:

There is much to be uncovered in this universe and I have every confident reason to believe that the science of the mind would be the last one.

The science of the human mind would lead to a renaissance of our soul.

Concerning Astrology, here is what I term it.

We do not know the extent of physical interactions. Perhaps the gravity of nearby planets, stars and satellites are taken into consideration while estimating our individual behaviour. Thus condensing ourselves into averages which can be predicted for.

Here is an example.

Lets say there are nine major variables

Like the Navgraha. eg. Rahu, Ketu, Jupiter etc.

If an approximate can be logically derived, the phenomenon can be accounted for.

It has been my experience that the behavior of each deity can be explained in approximate logical terms.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:32 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Quote:
Do you know what gods truly are?
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Thank you, Origmos Pai. Let me understand that. Skimmed your reply too fast.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Do you know what gods truly are?
You are asking questions Aren't you here to answer questions? Or are we just supposed to ask questions in this thread

Old June 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Quote:
You are asking questions Aren't you here to answer questions? Or are we just supposed to ask questions in this thread
Enough sarcasm. You can ask anything you want in this thread and I will give you a very satisfactory answer.

Here is the answer to your question. Your contempt is part of establishment's attempt to undermine Hindus or more accurately, Vedics.

Who is the establishment? Huh?

Here is the answer: Sonia Gandhi, Raul Vinci, MMS and the rest of the crooked gang.

You are a Hindu traitor, unless I'm mistakened and you are a naive, but lovable and loyal Hindu.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Enough sarcasm. You can ask anything you want in this thread and I will give you a very satisfactory answer.

Here is the answer to your question. Your contempt is part of establishment's attempt to undermine Hindus or more accurately, Vedics.

Who is the establishment? Huh?

Here is the answer: Sonia Gandhi, Raul Vinci, MMS and the rest of the crooked gang.

You are a Hindu traitor, unless I'm mistakened and you are a naive, but lovable and loyal Hindu.
What tf Where is a very satisfactory answer to my question

You are asking questions yourself and you are answering answers that are satisfactory to you. Hamara kya

Old June 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

OK. Another question. What is your opinion on the relevance of the caste system to present-day conditions? Is it better if people marry within caste and sub-caste?
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
There is much to be uncovered in this universe and I have every confident reason to believe that the science of the mind would be the last one.

The science of the human mind would lead to a renaissance of our soul.

Concerning Astrology, here is what I term it.

We do not know the extent of physical interactions. Perhaps the gravity of nearby planets, stars and satellites are taken into consideration while estimating our individual behaviour. Thus condensing ourselves into averages which can be predicted for.
I agree that there is lot we do not know, in terms of physical interactions or the human brain and mind.

Now looking at a specific scenario. Marriages are conducted at auspicious times. What are the potential negative effects on a couple and their marriage if a marriage is conducted at a time considered inauspicious?
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

What exactly is an air-compressor and what are its uses