eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking You might be out of a lota of water if you shit in public toilets

If you are in Bangalore and have to take a shit in one of those public Sulabh Shauchalays, you might have to carry your own toilet paper or bottle of water to wash

Mandatory political jibe - Karnataka is a BJP run state.

Quote:
Use public loos at your own risk
By: Yacoob Mohammed Date: 2011-06-15 Place: Bangalore

As nine Nirmala Sulabh Souchalayas in the city have defaulted on payment of Rs 5.2 lakh since 2004, the civic body now plans to disconnect waterlines till payment is made

The next time you plan to use a public toilet in the south zone, make sure you carry a roll of tissue paper along, since the BWSSB has decided to disconnect waterlines for non-payment of bills. The public toilets in the city under the banner of Nirmala Sulabh Souchalaya has not paid bills since 2004 and the due amount has added up to Rs 5,20,017.

What a loss
To make matters worse, the contractors have abandoned the contract midway, as the revenue generated through these pay and use public toilets in wards like Hanumanthnagar, N R Colony, Basavangudi and DVG Road, does not fetch them enough profit. This turn of events has now put the ball in the BBMP's court.

Operator unknown?
Activist Kiran Kumar filed an RTI following the allegation that these abandoned toilets are being used for immoral activities. "We don't know who the contractors are, but we were informed by the person collecting fees from the public that it is currently under the BBMP. However, the BBMP did not give any information about whom they have allotted the contract to. Ultimately, the public will suffer if the corporation decides to disconnect the water line for nonpayment. The BBMP should foot the bill and employ persons there to run operations instead allotting it on contract," Kumar said.

Going by the rules
The nine Sulabh toilets, which have defaulted on payments, are located crucial points enroute to software parks along Bannerghatta Road and Kannakapura road. Executive Engineer Shashidhar said, "We have sent a strong message to the ward level juniors engineers and assistant engineers to go in for disconnection if payments are not made within the specific time given."

Chief Engineer (south zone) said, "The toilet operators were issued notices earlier. We had cut the water line once, but the inconvenience to the public made us bend rules and resume supply. Now we have approached the higher authorities at BBMP, who are expected to take further step."

LINK WITH PHOTOS OF THE SHAUCHALAYA
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:17 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You might be out of a lota of water if you shit in public toilets

These might be run by BJP govt but in AP, all public these toilets were named after Rajiv Gandhi (just like everything YSR govt built was named after Rajiv Gandhi name). I think its the name that drives the people away. I blame Rajiv Gandhi and his family for not attracting enough people to pee in their restrooms.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
If you are in Bangalore and have to take a shit in one of those public Sulabh Shauchalays, you might have to carry your own toilet paper or bottle of water to wash

Mandatory political jibe - Karnataka is a BJP run state.
atleast there are public toilets which is more than can be said for many other states....
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: You might be out of a lota of water if you shit in public toilets

Okay here is news about Roman toilets. They found a sewer clogged with Romans' shit!

Quote:
Herculaneum sewer sheds light on secrets of Roman life

More here
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

I always carry a bottle of Evian with me when I walk into Sulabh Souchalayas. With Evian, best-quality cleaning and cleansing is possible. Posterior feels great after having been cleaned with Evian. Thank you.
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay here is news about Roman toilets. They found a sewer clogged with Romans' shit!
Just read this article. Holy Shit! In the interests of science and history and knowledge, we have scientists willing to study, dissect and analyze the shit that came out of the posteriors of people two thousand friggin' years back! Impressive ... I think. Brave too. Thank you for the link, Sutradhar ji.

Quote:
In a tunnel 86m long, they unearthed what is believed to be the largest deposit of human excrement ever found in the Roman world.

Seven hundred and fifty sacks of it to be exact, containing a wealth of information.

The scientists have been able to study what foods people ate and what jobs they did, by matching the material to the buildings above, like shops and homes.
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

GameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
I always carry a bottle of Evian with me when I walk into Sulabh Souchalayas. With Evian, best-quality cleaning and cleansing is possible. Posterior feels great after having been cleaned with Evian. Thank you.
sparkling or still??lemon?honey?peach?as discussed previously...all in the interestf of public health
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Post Re: You might be out of a lota of water if you shit in public toilets

Quote:
Just read this article. Holy Shit! In the interests of science and history and knowledge, we have scientists willing to study, dissect and analyze the shit that came out of the posteriors of people two thousand friggin' years back! Impressive ... I think. Brave too. Thank you for the link, Sutradhar ji.
Now if only Premi or someone could search a thread where all of us had discussed if we can deduce what you had for dinner by looking at your morning dump!

See I am a scientist too!!
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now if only Premi or someone could search a thread where all of us had discussed if we can deduce what you had for dinner by looking at your morning dump!

here are couple of them

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...874#post391874

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...220#post309220
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

GameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is there any app/thread/chart/scale etc which can tell a person what they will eat based on their morning dump??something like people read coffe cups...

same way..for example if you get extra long smooth flowing missiles...that means there is a good chance you will have sausages today...

if you get the pellet gun rounds...means you are destined to a dinner of dry black peas...

if you get a total heap...means aaj keema curry...if its a mix of small turds and heaps in between...could be spaghetti with meatballs too...
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Evian india me miilta hai kya? Vadodara mei to kabhi dekha nahi ..
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous View Post
kuwait se khaali bottle export hoti hai...usmein banta/gola ki bottle paltaa ke dhakkan band karr dete hain
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous View Post
It is possible that there is some distributor who imports and sells Evian in some exclusive outlets where aam junta never would never set foot.

But ... I personally haven't seen anyone in India selling Evian.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOn View Post
kuwait se khaali bottle export hoti hai...usmein banta/gola ki bottle paltaa ke dhakkan band karr dete hain
You know that fellow Ramesh Chauhan (?) who owns Bisleri and who used to own Thums Up? I wouldn't be surprised if his own family never uses Bisleri but imports Evian instead. A lot of groundwater in India is contaminated due to excessive use of pesticides. Another problem is DDT contamination. Etc etc. Well we can't expect groundwater purity to be at Western levels. Large-enough chunks of our population are abandoning the municipal drinking water, so if the Bisleri owner has taken it to the next level and is drinking Evian, I wouldn't be surprised. All speculation on my part.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know that fellow Ramesh Chauhan (?) who owns Bisleri and who used to own Thums Up? I wouldn't be surprised if his own family never uses Bisleri but imports Evian instead. A lot of groundwater in India is contaminated due to excessive use of pesticides. Another problem is DDT contamination. Etc etc. Well we can't expect groundwater purity to be at Western levels. Large-enough chunks of our population are abandoning the municipal drinking water, so if the Bisleri owner has taken it to the next level and is drinking Evian, I wouldn't be surprised. All speculation on my part.

sandaas main Evien ki baat ki khaal nikaalni shuru kar di ...

faaltu ki bakar bakar ... kauno kuchh kaam nahi hai kya ...

friday hai kuchh joke shok chipkaao