eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

Sachha_Jhoota is on a distinguished road
Alitalia tells Delhi man he’s unfit to fly

In a startling and clear case of class bias, the Italian national airline Alitalia refused to allow a Delhi resident to fly business class to Milan, on his way to Brazil to attend an international conference, despite the fact that the passenger had a valid ticket and all his travel documents were in order. The reason: Santraj Maurya, who made a living out of collecting waste on Delhi’s streets, and whose streetsmart leadership skills had attracted the attention of an NGO which was sending him to attend a conference on the impact of privatisation on waste pickers worldwide, did not — in the airline’s view — fit the profile of a businessman or an international traveller.Santraj’s dreams of travelling to Brazil came crashing when he arrived at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport on August 22 to check in for the Alitalia flight to Milan.
A delay in getting his visa had resulted in no economy class tickets being available, but Chintan, the Delhi NGO which was sending him to the conference, went ahead and bought him a business class ticket. The seminar at Belo Horizonte in Brazil was too good an opportunity for Santraj, and the NGO did not want to spoil his chances. On reaching the airline’s check-in counter at the airport, he was asked for his passport and tickets. When Santraj produced the documents, he was questioned on how he had managed to get a business class ticket.
“There was a gentleman named Nishant Sood who was on duty at that time. He asked me why I wanted to go to Brazil, and I explained it was for the conference. Then he told me that I would not be allowed to travel business class because I did not look like a businessman. I was told I should refund the money for the ticket and go home,” recalls Santraj. The story does not end there. When Santraj tried to convince the airline officials that they could check with Chintan’s coordinator Lavanya Marla about his credentials, the request was turned down. “They told me that I should leave the airport and asked a lady to come and take me out. She wrote my name down in a register and literally forced me out,” added Santraj.
Chintan says that such behaviour by the airline was completely unacceptable. “If the airline had given us a logical reason why this man was being turned out, we would have understood. Alitalia officials were rude and reluctant to talk. Even after I explained the matter to them, they refused to hear us. The point is: if there is a policy on who they want to fly and who they don’t, why is this not made public,” asked Ms Marla. When contacted, Alitalia’s Nishant Sood refused to come on the phone line, and the staff at the airline’s IGI counter said they were not authorised to comment on the matter.
Despite repeated attempts by this newspaper to obtain Alitalia’s account of what had happened, no senior airline official could be contacted. For Chintan, an NGO which is involved with the lives of 10,000 waste recyclers in and around Delhi, the fight is far from over. It is considering taking legal action against Alitalia, and wants the airline to make public its code of who can fly and who cannot. Santraj, the man in the middle, has, however, lost hope. “What does it matter what they say now. The conference is over anyway. I guess it was
http://www.deccan.com/home/homedetai...nutes%E2%80%99

This is Abosulte BS... Alitalia should tender immediate Apology...They have humilated an Indian National in India..

Last edited by Cooldude; September 4th, 2006 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Clumsily posted Headline with a no good Hyperlink corrected.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:03 PM
Junior eCharchan

chicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant future
Re: Alitalia tells Delhi man he’s unfit to fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachha_Jhoota
This is Abosulte BS... Alitalia should tender immediate Apology...They have humilated an Indian National in India..
Dude, this was an Indian who happened to be working for Alitalia. Leave Alitalia for a moment, first get hold of this Sood asshole and kick his ass till it bulges out from his front. Whats the point in cursing others about what we do in abundance.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:51 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

I never fly any uropean airline even if there give free tickets ... not even they give 1st class ticket. All waitors are old ladies or homo men.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old September 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Great job by this Nishant Sood guy... he should be given the bharat ratna or something... a lot of fellow business class travellers would thank him forever Who would have wanted to travel for a whole day with some smelly trash collecter Saved the day, Nishant Sood Wish we could have someone like him on our local trains in Bombay... it is like hell when a trash picker who hasn't bathed for years gets on... or a fisherwoman gets on... not only the trip is rotten but you smell bad for the rest of the day.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 4th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Junior eCharchan

crazy is on a distinguished road

You are disgusting. I would rather sit beside him than you and your stinking soul.
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:30 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
Great job by this Nishant Sood guy... he should be given the bharat ratna or something... a lot of fellow business class travellers would thank him forever Who would have wanted to travel for a whole day with some smelly trash collecter Saved the day, Nishant Sood Wish we could have someone like him on our local trains in Bombay... it is like hell when a trash picker who hasn't bathed for years gets on... or a fisherwoman gets on... not only the trip is rotten but you smell bad for the rest of the day.
Pahle he crazy yeh crazy ... uper se aap us ko paaglkhaane bijwana chahte?

Sanebhau ... airline dont turn away passenger at the checkin counters ... not business class passenger.

There is more to this story ... airline wishes to remain silent for reasons so as not to say what could be as obvious as nose in front of your nose ... political correctness!

NGO sponsors him ... buys our Salmon Khana a business class ticket ... gets him visa and not one representative accompanies our hero to the airport to help him checkin? That is not how NGOs operate. They spent good money on a business class ticket ... least they could have done is accompany this guy to the airport?

Did this guy take a shower bfore heading to the airport or went straight from his work? There has to be more to it cause I just cannot believe Indians discriminating against fellow Indian travellers ... not in this bloody day and age when airlines are competing for shair of Indian traffic.

Disclaimer: I am not fond of uropeyan airlines ... I have not flown any in more than 15 years.

Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; September 5th, 2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Banned

Sachha_Jhoota is on a distinguished road
MP: Alitalia action was like apartheid

Santraj Maurya was refused not because he was stinking but the guy at the airline's counter was
Perplexed how he(Santraj) had managed to get a business class ticket. If it would have been some stinking Gora, this moron Nishnath Sood would have licked his ass and dared not to ask any question.

Last edited by Sachha_Jhoota; September 4th, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a fan of European airlines. I have flown just once on Lufthansa. The air hostesses dont care a hoot for you. They think they are doing you a favour.

Secondly, on Frankfurt airport, if you talk to any airline staff for any information they either feign inability to speak English or are just not helpful.

I prefer Singapore and Cathay anyday over the one experience I had of flying Lufthansa.

Some friends who have travelled on Air France tell me that the air crew treats any non white with "oo.. we do favour to you .. brown ass"

Fuck all these fucking airlines from 'we are Europeans'... I vote for Cathay and Singapore air.

I was surprised to see an ad with desis by Lufthansa on Zee TV USA. Now Lufthansa is trying to woo desis because their stupid German ass might have realised that desis rule the roost when it comes to flying between USA and India. We must be the highest travelling nationality on long haul flights from India to USA. Now they want a piece of the pie.