eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old August 29th, 2006, 06:10 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down 1984 Anti-Sikh riot Survivors forced to pay bribe to get the compensation

Up against graft demand, 1984 riot survivor takes CBI help, traps official
Quote:

Aman Sharma

New Delhi, August 28: Gurmit Singh Kapoor was just eight when he was witness to the murder of five of his family members, including his parents, in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots. Twenty two years later, when he went to get compensation granted by the Delhi government from the sub-divisional office in Najafgarh, he was asked to pay up Rs 20,000 as bribe.

“I believe many other victims might have even paid bribe to get their amounts as they used to come from far-off places in Punjab. But I had to set this corrupt system right,” says Kapoor, sitting with his wife and children in his Asha Park residence in West Delhi.

So Kapoor decided to approach the CBI to trap Naib Tehsildar I.K. Thakkar red-handed. This Wednesday evening, CBI arrested Thakkar while openly accepting money from Kapoor in Thakkar’s cabin at SDM’s office in Najafgarh.
“He had asked for Rs 20,000 but I took Rs 10,000. He openly took money saying that I should hurry up with the balance money before CBI officials swopped in to nab him,” says 30-year-old Kapoor, who works with a private firm. Thakkar is now cooling his heels in Tihar jail.
Memories of 1984, when five of his family members were killed by a mob, still haunt Kapoor.
“My father Surjit Singh Kapoor (38), mother Vandana Kapoor (29), grandfather Inder Singh Kapoor (59) and two of my uncles Ajit Singh Kapoor (30) and Paramjeet Singh Kapoor (24)were killed. Me, my sister, and grandmother somehow managed to escape,” says Kapoor.
“Thakkar was the man who had to clear our compensation papers. He made me make repeated rounds before clearing the compensation I had to get for the death of my parents. But regarding my one-third share in compensation for the deaths of my grandfather and uncles, Thakkar demanded bribe,” says Kapoor.
Kapoor was entitled to Rs 2,85,833 in this regard. “I asked him to be compassionate but he refused to budge. Then I thought of teaching him a lesson,” says Kapoor. More complaints
Advocate HS Phulka, who spearheaded the struggle to bring the guilty to the book in the 1984 riots case, says that several families had complained to him recently regarding demands of bribes by government officers in SDM offices for releasing compensation amounts since January. “We had complained to the Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in writing regarding this and asked for action,” Phulka told Newsline.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fulls...?newsid=198864
Wah re bharat desh ke veer jawano , Shabaash India

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old August 29th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1984 Anti-Sikh riot Survivors forced to pay bribe to get the compensation

Fir bhi mera Bharat mahaan.

Saalaa 1984 ke riot ko aaj (after 22 yrs) paise de rahe hai, woh bhi ghus lene ke baad.

Inn saalon Sardaaro ko paise dene hi nahi chaahiye. Especially those who are siding with Kaangress who killed them in 1084 riots.
Old August 29th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that after Indira's assasination many Sardars were killed in vain. It was horrible.

However, corruption is a way of life in India. Unless some grease is put into the machinery the wheels dont move. So I am not at all surprised to see this happen. This is about riots long ago. Do you know that there was even a movie based on real life facts of a Kargil war hero. His parents were promised a petrol pump and some government aid. They had to finally go to the President of India to get justice.

If our war heroes cannot be compensated on time and without corruption, what else can you expect?

Its sad, but true!
Old August 29th, 2006, 11:37 PM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: 1984 Anti-Sikh riot Survivors forced to pay bribe to get the compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Inn saalon Sardaaro ko paise dene hi nahi chaahiye.
Would U Care To Explain what the S H I T is this , wht u've written

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Baawra
Would U Care To Explain what the S H I T is this , wht u've written
Desbevada pai, Amtlapali pai is saying that all sardars are his brothers-in-law and he will not give them any more pocket money.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 1st, 2006, 09:35 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to Soapbox.. These kind of bribery incidents keep happening in India...