eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old December 6th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some Good News! I have become UpaShastri

I AM doing internet trading. I am making decent money and consistent money. But not enough money. I can increase the income by increasing capital - but fatt rahee hai. Don't have that much risk taking psychological strength.
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:04 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^So, only an indecent(obscene) amount of money would be enough for you
If I had known how to make that well...

Anyway, coming to my other question, do they test pronounciations too?
It could be tough like the second stanza of Vander Mataram.
Old December 7th, 2017, 07:09 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
^^So, only an indecent(obscene) amount of money would be enough for you
If I had known how to make that well...
Bitcoin .. is your answer.. but you should have invested in 2011 or so
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Anyway, coming to my other question, do they test pronounciations too?
It could be tough like the second stanza of Vander Mataram.
2nd stanza is easy.. only you have to listen a few times and sing along.

Here's the Hindi version .. didn't become popular because it's not singable I think, and Sanskrit (with Bangla) version sounds so much better.
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Elihphile

ciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Some Good News! I have become UpaShastri

Congrats

Was it a regular course or through correspondance.

How much time did you took to complete it and on an average how much time did you devoted to the subject daily.

Can you please suggest the simplest and easiest books to start with sanskrit for someone who can easily and comfortably read and write and speak chaste hindi,but doesnt know even the abc of sanskrit vocabulary and grammar.

Have been thinking of learning Sanskrit since the last few months ever since I delved into Indian astrology.

The real essence of astrology lies not in the contemporary english translations which I have all but in the sanskrit classics ( which is all greek to me) like Brahat Parashar Hora Shastra and the super cryptic Jaimini Sutras in particular,which till todate has not been deciphered correctly.

Equally good other ones which I wish to read and imbibe in this birth in sanskrit are

1. Phaladeepika
2. Dev Keralam Nadi
3. Brihajatak
4. Ashtakavarga Nibandha
5. Bhavartha Ratanakar
6. Brihat Samhita
7. Jataka Parijaat
8. Jataka Tatwam
9. Maansagari
10. Muhurta Chintamani
11. Saravali
12. Saravartha Chintamani
13. Shata Panchashika
14. Tajika Neelakanthi
15. Uttarakalamrita

And above all Dev Keralam Nadi.One requires a life time to read it, let alone master it but just incase if anyone is the chosen one.

All the best for your Acharya course and dont just settle by being a linguist,read,imbibe and translate as many manuscripts as you can, for most fortunate and blessed are those who know sanskrit....the only language worth knowing,as it teaches you to think differently and holistically...

As regards business ideas,translate the manuscripts,the rare ones in astrology.You will be weighed in gold if you are correctly able to translate those cryptic aphorisms but you will have to learn astrology first for arriving at the exact meaning.

There still arent any true expurgated translations and there is a huger than huge demand for them.Plus you wod be doing a great spiritual service ie dhaarmic Karma.

Last edited by ciloholic; December 8th, 2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

Dear ciloholic,

This is what I suggest you do -

i) Go through Sanskrit Bharati videos. Here they are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIB...6B70956C937548

ii) The best book to study Sanskrit is by Satwalekar. Here it is -
https://www.amazon.in/Sanskrit-Swyam...skrit+learning

This will take at least a year and half of formal study

iii) Buy a book called "shabdaroopavali" It costs about 50 Rs or less. Its a thin book on grammar tables

This should be enough to start
Old December 10th, 2017, 01:41 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shringarey View Post
iii) Buy a book called "shabdaroopavali" It costs about 50 Rs or less. Its a thin book on grammar tables

This should be enough to start
you mean like ??

lata late latah
lataah latabhyam latabhyo ..

edit: found it

विभक्ति एकवचन द्विवचन बहुवचन
प्रथमा लता लते लताः
द्वितीया लताम् लते लताः
तृतीया लतया लताभ्याम् लताभिः
चर्तुथी लतायै लताभ्याम् लताभ्यः
पन्चमी लतायाः लताभ्याम् लताभ्यः
षष्ठी लतायाः लतयोः लतानाम्
सप्तमी लतायाम् लतयोः लतासु
सम्बोधन लते लते लताः

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 10th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old December 11th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

ciloholic,

I need some help if you can. I know Hindi, but my Hindi is not chaste. You said your Hindi is chaste, so how do I improve mine? This is what I am doing -

i) I regularly watch Crime Patrol episodes on you tube. Anup Soni has very good Hindi. Episode too has good Hindi. I note down words which I do not know along with sentence. I also note down phrases that I do not know.

ii) I am right now on Std 6 CBSE Hindi textbook. I am going through it and noting down words.

With the lists created by the two methods above, I go over them again and again and again to get the words fixed in.

What do you think. Is this method OK? Can you suggest something?
Old December 12th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should read classical Hindi novels by good writers - that will definitely have an impact.
Old December 12th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean,

Give examples man
Old December 12th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Napolean,

Give examples man
Only one Hindi author I've read -- Premchand Munshi
Old December 13th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Napolean,

Give examples man
Have you read Rashmirathi by Ramdhari Singh Dinkar? I have read it from start till end. It is a poetic novel. If you haven't read it yet , I highly recommend that.
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:42 PM
Elihphile

ciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really nice

Posted twice

Last edited by ciloholic; December 13th, 2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Elihphile

Smile Re: Some Good News! I have become UpaShastri

Shring Bhai, sorry for the delay in replying.I seldom character check in now.Trying to come back only for spirituality and astrology posts and reading Ashdoc movie reviews.

My hindi improved only and only by watching several times what I love watching the most ie the character of krishna and Karna in Mahabharat.I have countless times watched BR Chopras Mahabharat.

Then it was surya Putra Karan on Sony....Initially it was repulsive as I had BR Chopras mahabharat as a base for comparing characters.

Above all epic channels Dharamkshetra Kurukshetra....dealing with what happens when everyone dies and is produced in the court of Yamraj.

As for reading I love reading the mahabharata, the thick heavy duty hard bind copy which has the chaste translation in hindi of every sanskrit shloka.Books from Geeta Press Gorakhpur also helped a lot and so did Geeta - As it is and srimad Bhagwatam of ISCON by Srila Prabhupada.

I always buy the same books in english as well as in hindi.Use to read the English version first followed by the hindi one but now with Yoganandas Autobiography of a yogi it has become the opposite.Hindi first, english later. THE REAL sense and essence just doesnt comes in english. imagine if only I knew sanskrit how much clearer and exact must have been my experience and perception.

Watching programs like Anoop sony wont help as he speaks contempory hindi which has been on my tongue since birth due to being born and brought up in a hindi speaking town in north India.

Anyone can learn best chaste hindi alone by watching hindi mythological serials.Start with Mahabharata.If you dont know the detailed story read it in your mother tongue first and simultaneously keep enjoying the serials.

Yes having a hindi background does have an advantage but just a baby bit.Most north indians just cant comprehend chaste hindi,forget about speaking it.

Infact maratahi is miles closer to chaste hindi and sanskrit then the khadi boli hindi spoken on channels and radios.

The hindi of north india that which is spoken in movis serials news et al is not even rudimentary at best compared to chaste hindi.

One knowing chaste marathi can pick up chaste hindi far easier than a north Indian.

Also my obsession to read law books in diglot edition which I intentionally buy in an attempt to brag about my intellectual superiority helped a lot.

Same continued with astrological and spiritual books of KN rao published by Vani publications Delhi and of Saptarishis astrology in Bombay, buying hindi and English editions both.

Pardon the typos... Posting from tablet..

PS: Thanks for your suggestions,dunno when will I start with them as I have a track record of not doing as suggested and recommended and instructed.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 14th, 2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: No need to shit in his thread