eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Literary > Book reviews

Notices

Book reviews Write up a review of a book you read recently, be it fiction, non-fiction or even technical

Old November 17th, 2017, 09:07 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Books started but not finished

I have quite a few of those. In many cases, I started a book, and had to travel somewhere and left it at that place when I left for traveling or moving. 2 of those-

1. Made in Japan by Akio Morita- Sony’s founder explains the history of Sony and its philosophy . Simple language with no business jargon. I read till the part where he moves to US with family to understand his market. Hi his one is lying in Hyderabad right now

2. Insider by PVN- the former PM lists his political journey. I read from his struggle against the nizam to his being in Congress under Nehru. Lent I to someone in Bangalore and never bothered to collect it back.
Old November 17th, 2017, 09:36 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Books started but not finished

Novels----

Shogun .

The alienist.
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Elihphile

ciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really nice
Post Re: Books started but not finished

Many,cant even count and recall, but the best one, Robert Svoboda's Aghora at the left hand of God, Part 3 of the trilogy.

Mostly books on Indian Astrology ( specially Jaimini Astrology, apart from Parashari) and Spirituality by KN Rao and kids.Having beeen into spiritual mode a la flight mode,for the last 2 years and have reached the conclusion that the only thing worth doing and knowing in the world was / is/will knowledge of the self ie Atma and spirituality is nothing but Soul science ie science of the soul and Vedic astrology is the bridge between the material world and the spiritual world.

For the uninitiated and those having an illdigested or illinformed knowledge of Indian astrology, it is based on the principle of immortality of the soul and works solely on the theory of karma and your horoscope is nothing but a report card of the sum total ie Sanchit of all your souls previous lives karmas.

Astrology is only the mathematical and quantitative demonstration of the manifestation of this law of karma.

KN Rao (Delhi)

PVR Narsimha Rao (Boston)

Sunil John ( Bombay)

The only three genuines publicly known czars of Indian Astrology and Spirituality worth reading, listening and imbibing as of todate.If you havent heard or read of them, chances are your illdigested knowldge of astrology is that it is Fortune Telling,which it is not and never was, though fortune telling can be done by it easily.The whole world of astrologers in the world bows to them,specially KN RAO ( Who is the KNR of Astrology a la the KNR of C) like the personal astrologers of the top shots of the world like President Trump for the latest example,to Steve Jobs for an intermediate example and Michael Jackson as an old example).

Astrology and spirituality of India are both two sides of the same coin called soul,the difference being Astrology introduces you to your soul Mathematically and Scientifically while spirituality does it artistically for the two,genre of people in the world,the so called literate ones with a scientific mind and the so called uneducated ones who cannot understand Jargon.

Spirituality explains it in a language understandable to a 5 year old while astrology cannit be grasped even by a fifty year old in a million life times....

Last edited by ciloholic; November 17th, 2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:40 PM
Elihphile

ciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really nice
Smile Krantikari, you were absolutely right and I was absolutely wrong about astrology and spirituality

Dunno whether you are still here or not but Let this be the official on record acceptance of my wrong notions and knowledge about the subject.I wish I had read the subject earlier in life but then Praarabdh is Praarabdh.

KanN kanN ka aur ShanN ShanN ka Praarabdh hai.

🙏 Namastey
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I usually finish a book when I start it.
I left Game of Thrones in the middle though (book 2). I just kept falling asleep at the 8 page dinner table description.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Started reading Welcome to wherever you are by John Marrs - touted as a best seller of one type or the other. Couldnt complete.... story is all over the place, each character has a backstory in installments....