eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old October 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I Left India (Again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Copy/paste from the link ...

and our careers flourished at an Indian rate of growth (R.I.P., “Hindu rate of growth”). Bold ... what does author mean?
He means Indian rate of growth as 8% on the whole and dubling every 3 years in IT industry and Hindu rate of Growth as 3 % growth between 1965 and 1985 adthe peronl growth at a govt pace. 50 Rs increment evey year.

Actualy he like many are confused.

The 3% growth between 1965 and 1985 is the secular rate of growth and
the 7% growth which came under Hindutva govt is the Hindu rat of growth.
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:58 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
He means Indian rate of growth as 8% on the whole and dubling every 3 years in IT industry and Hindu rate of Growth as 3 % growth between 1965 and 1985 adthe peronl growth at a govt pace. 50 Rs increment evey year.

Actualy he like many are confused.

The 3% growth between 1965 and 1985 is the secular rate of growth and
the 7% growth which came under Hindutva govt is the Hindu rat of growth.
Thanks. Never read of such before. Thank god bastard went back. Indian Sahib Log from America are so used to earning trillions (in debts) that they just cannot grasp small figures like 3% and 8% ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Sarv Shaktiman bhau, aapke shubhvivah ke ees anandmayi avsaar par meri aapko hardik shubhkamnaye. May the Good Lord Ganpatti Bappa shower you and your better half with His choicest blessings! Congratulations and wishing you a very happy married life.

As for the article, oh I can identify with a few things the author is saying. He is not so much whining about the bad roads and shitty corruption as such. He is talking about something else. Will explain at a later time.
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Awesome! Congratulations sarv....didnt read the entire article, but will read now.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Many of my friends have returned back to India. They went with a purpose and that purpose was very determined and with a realistic idea of what India will bring ... You dont go with a Swades film running at the back of your mind or with Sri Sri Friedman's idea of what India is all about? Never ...
my friend went back in 2009 to Bangalore from Houston.. he and wifey enjoying even though they are from Delhi.. its all in the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
Congratulations on your wedding Shakti ...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Congratulations SSBhau ...Shaadi Mubarak
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
Congratulations maanaa ...Shaadi Mubarak
dhannvaad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
You no chicken ... you no quitter ... why you not staying put? Why go back when you can stay to help India become world's Sare Jahan se achha? Hypocrisy ... they name is us Indians?

i H1B non-immigrant worker no green card apply.. live US few years enjoy then coming India..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
When you go to India, you have to know what is in store for you. And if you go to a specific city you need to know what that city has in store for you. e.g. the unruly traffic in Hyderabad, Vulgar dislay of wealth in Delhi, Auto wallas in Chennai, etc.
very true.. the author seems to have been from Pune and prolly didn't get a job there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Sarv Shaktiman bhau, aapke shubhvivah ke ees anandmayi avsaar par meri aapko hardik shubhkamnaye. May the Good Lord Ganpatti Bappa shower you and your better half with His choicest blessings! Congratulations and wishing you a very happy married life.

As for the article, oh I can identify with a few things the author is saying. He is not so much whining about the bad roads and shitty corruption as such. He is talking about something else. Will explain at a later time.
Thanks for the blessings and good wishes..

I understand some of the things in the article.. its better this guy went back rather then cribbing about it all life.. you must have seen the type that returned to India and now relate stories of US/UK/Middle east/whatever every chance they get.. have seen a gloomy expression on their faces every now and then.
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I never have an issue with visiting India because I know it firmly in my mind that India is a third world country with third world infrastructure and amenities. So no point crying about it. The author too was realizing this and accepting it.

I no longer believe that "India Shining" etc. Its all bullshit and it will take India another 50 years to achieve anything comparable to a average European nation or the Far East. Even to reach levels of Singapore, it will take decades.

So India as a truly developed nation is a pipe dream, at least in my own life time.

As for mentality of government officers and clerks - its the same as politicians. Let us all make hay whether sun shines or not. Its our birthright!

So even if a 100 Anna Hazares take birth and a 100 A Raja's and Kanimozhis are convicted and sentenced, there will always be 'fresh piece of shit' to take their place.

So best is to treat India what it truly is - A place for you to visit your family, reminisce about your years in India and then move on.

And yes, Bollywood for its super films starring Salman Khan and Ajay Devgun
Old October 25th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
ya.. got married and now waiting to go back in a few days.. meanwhile exploring mumbai watching movies visiting restaurants and watching plays..

Congratulations again shakti...

eik aur shaktiman... normal man ho gaya
Old October 25th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Read this article written by a desi techie who moved back to India from Bay area and then this chicken along with quitter family went back to CA again.. prolly wifey couldn't handle in-laws and relatives..

Congratulations on your marriage, Sarvisukthinaam pai.

I think you misunderstood the point the blog guy was making.And he is making a very valid point. I am of the same opinion too... I agree with him completely. It is not the poverty or the dirtiness or the society or anything that he is complaining about. He is okay and has come to terms with all that. But when you start to lose your identity... your own inner self... I think it is time for a rethink.

As for me, I try not to stay in India that long that I lose this identity. And I know it will happen... I will become one of them... yes them... the same them that I do not want to become. I want to be me... me so that I can go around berating them. But the day I become them... who do I berate

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

The NYT article came as a hollow piece of BS, almost childish. I have been in US for last 12 years, spent most of my professional life there. Traveled most of states, driven coast to coast a couple of times, across almost all US by myself. Am a US political junkie. Follow pretty much everything in US closely (except Kardeshians). I am someone who loves US to the core. But we are now back. By all means I can say we are successfully back. I don't like what I see here, in terms of peoples' desire for instant gratification or commute 1.5 hours one way everyday or struggling against terrible traffic, bad drivers, cows on street, massive corruption (the list can go on).
I will return to US in a few years but not because India turned me off.

Last edited by Ravi; October 25th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ya.. got married and now waiting to go back in a few days.. meanwhile exploring mumbai watching movies visiting restaurants and watching plays..
Congrats SS Pai. Married life is beautiful. I am sure you'll enjoy it.
Old October 25th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I never have an issue with visiting India because I know it firmly in my mind that India is a third world country with third world infrastructure and amenities. So no point crying about it. The author too was realizing this and accepting it.

I no longer believe that "India Shining" etc. Its all bullshit and it will take India another 50 years to achieve anything comparable to a average European nation or the Far East. Even to reach levels of Singapore, it will take decades.

So India as a truly developed nation is a pipe dream, at least in my own life time.

As for mentality of government officers and clerks - its the same as politicians. Let us all make hay whether sun shines or not. Its our birthright!

So even if a 100 Anna Hazares take birth and a 100 A Raja's and Kanimozhis are convicted and sentenced, there will always be 'fresh piece of shit' to take their place.

So best is to treat India what it truly is - A place for you to visit your family, reminisce about your years in India and then move on.

And yes, Bollywood for its super films starring Salman Khan and Ajay Devgun

But you cannot leave your parents,your brothers/sisters forever and visit them only once in a year.At some point of time,a person realizes that all this standard of living is meaningless compared to the proximity with his blood relatives.
So working in foreign countries is good to earn money and securing one's future but at last home country is where one belongs.
Old October 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
But you cannot leave your parents,your brothers/sisters forever and visit them only once in a year.At some point of time,a person realizes that all this standard of living is meaningless compared to the proximity with his blood relatives.
So working in foreign countries is good to earn money and securing one's future but at last home country is where one belongs.
If everybody believed the way you did then the world wouldn't have been what it is today. We would have still lived in the stone ages... close to home... but still chucking stones around

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
If everybody believed the way you did then the world wouldn't have been what it is today. We would have still lived in the stone ages... close to home... but still chucking stones around
so you disagree with what I said?
100%(sau pratishat)?
Old October 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
at one point or the other one does realize this.. Diwali or holi or any other festival is like a tasteless khichadi abroad.. i have almost cried a few times on Diwali in US.
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
at one point or the other one does realize this.. Diwali or holi or any other festival is like a tasteless khichadi abroad.. i have almost cried a few times on Diwali in US.
i do agree with this 100%.. but you do realise life anywhere becomes a tasteless khichadi regardless of holi or diwali ?? it's completely upto you how tasty or how bland you want it to be..

tasty khichdis often come with hidden stomach ailments and diarrhea.. so the choice is yours - tasty khichdi with lots of stomach aches or bland food with no side effects..

Edit: Congrats Bhai - on the marriage.. Wish you and Wifey all happiness!!

Last edited by razzrhino; October 26th, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
so you disagree with what I said?
100%(sau pratishat)?
Generally I agree with you... but personally I disagree. I never felt the need to go back to India... or miss my India... anything like that. I know I will have the same lousy miserable life back there that I had before. In fact, I feel very much at home where I am. I don't think I should say I belong to home country. Home is where your heart is