eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old August 21st, 2001, 11:47 AM
Junior eCharchan

Siraj is on a distinguished road
Re: I never said anything about this specific case

Quote:
Originally posted by eNRI
Duhhhh.........
Miyan,

Now look at what reports says for general discrimination

Quote:
This week's ruling was another blow to Health Canada. Another human rights
tribunal harshly criticized the department in 1997 for discriminatory staffing
practices.

The earlier ruling found non-whites were ``bottle-necked'' at a feeder group level
and weren't progressing into senior management.

The tribunal issued a sweeping order forcing the department to adopt targets for
appointments and recruiting and new training and career counselling services.
Old August 21st, 2001, 03:52 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Shringarey

Just curious. This 'pacifist' approach that you are proposing. Does that apply to the injustices in Kashmir as well.

Don't misunderstand my question PLEASE! I went through some of your previous posts and sincerely wanted to know why you suggest 'turning the other cheek'!

Mark Twain
Old August 21st, 2001, 04:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Videsee,

Point 1. I am NOT a Gandhian pacifist. I recognize that there are times and circumstances where the use of coercive power is justified. However, I feel that the Chopra fella is creating a noise for nothing. Did he try all methods to resolve the issue peacably? I feel that he must have tried appealing and appealing and finally being tired, approached the courts ('when all appeals failed'). But there were other possible responses as follows :

Individual Responses

i) Getting advanced degrees - management say.
ii) Publishing articles/research papers
iii) Learning management of people and time (courses)
iv) Hiring a career coach
v) Searching for a new job
vi) Starting his own health care business

Group Responses

i) Mentoring other minority people
ii) Starting minority schools/coaching classes
iii) Providing leadership

Usually, people don't explore these a;lternatives and rush off to court.

As far as the Kashmir issue is concerned, the tyranny is a lot more than the Chopra guy. There is a time fore war and a time for peace. The issue is complex as follows:

1. Pakis doing keedas
2. Our own people (especially BSF) killing villagers in revenge
3. Policemen raping women (Arey bhai, we don't get such fair girls in the South - any man will do this. Whats wrong? - Ive heard a PSI say this!!)
4. Emergence of drug mafia
5. Destruction of property rights
6. "Double Tarriff Issue" - a big one!!

Even here, we should show restraint. We can make headway if we change ourselves first!! It is paradoxical that a Muslim Hating Party like the BJP is doing that!! (I don't know what it means). They have thrown out all ****ing policemen and ensured that our uniformed guys don't spread tyranny. A woman who goes to the policeman for complaint meets the policeman OUTSIDE the station in full view of everyone. The Rebels have responded in kind. A policeman handling a woman's complaint outside is NEVER shot. If he is, the killer is killed by the rebels and his body sent to the police!!!

Similarly, we have cleaned up our own administration and transferred the corrupt guys. The "double-tripple tarriff system" has disappeared. Onions which would cost Rs 22 per kg now cost Rs 7. Our wool which we would sell for 12,000 Rs per kg now can be sold for Rs 45,000. That means we get more money for our products and pay less for outside products. This has happenned because the entire hafta system was crushed (changing oiurselves). More money with Kashmiri means less problems, more incomes.

You see - while taking up the gun we should not stop cleansing our own souls.!!!

Shring
Old August 21st, 2001, 07:18 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Shring Bhai

I must admit I am impressed by your line of thinking. Again, its probably different from how I would react to situations.

Was Chopra over reacting? I don't think so. Did he have other options? Frankly, I dont know. All I can say is Truth has prevailed once again.

To come back to your charcha on the injustices of Kashmir, I don't want to divert the subject, but it is very interesting point of view.

Thank you.

Mark Twain
Old August 22nd, 2001, 04:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Videsee,

This is politically Incorrect, but Ill say it (Dalit - are you there??). When faced with tyranny and great pain, we can do one of the following:

i) Fight it out. Start a ppolitical force. Go to elections. U r a shatriya
ii) Get anguished and pray and pray. Your tears would heal your wounds. Continue and u become a dharamguru (Brahman)
iii) Let the pain humble you. Let the humility develop for ya a sweet tongue. You will do well in business (Vaishya)

If you do none of these like Chopra did - you remain a Bahujan

Shring
Old August 22nd, 2001, 05:47 AM
Junior eCharchan

Siraj is on a distinguished road
Shrigarey,

Quote:
(i) Getting advanced degrees - management say.
ii) Publishing articles/research papers
iii) Learning management of people and time (courses)
iv) Hiring a career coach
v) Searching for a new job
vi) Starting his own health care business

Shiv Chopra has Masters from Canada and PhD from Canada. Still you would like him to go for advanced degree?

He also has published many articles and was involved in many researches. I don't know about other approaces but at the age of 66 you want him to hire a career coach.

Man, think of it, it is really difficult to prove racial discrimanation. There are no physical evidence exists. You can not quantify your qualities compare to others who are promoted ahead of you. Still this person was able to convice Human Rights Commision that yes, the discrimination is there. Not only for his own case but for all government organizations.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 06:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

Siraj,

Im sure discrimination exists. Probably even in Chopra's case. Yet going to courts is a no-no. Yes he got a PhD. Yes he published research papers. There could be other problems. Personality issues.

Ive seen case upon case of people who were oppressed rise - by using the human endowment of self-change. By constantly adding value. Courts is an ineffecient option. Self change is much better.

Shring
Old August 23rd, 2001, 05:06 AM
eCharchan

Patel Bhai is an unknown quantity at this point
Shrigarey,

I respect your thoughts.

Fight for your rights ? No-No.

Elevate Yourself the the Level, or above the level till you get justice. If you don't get justice, just belive that you have not had enough efforts and so you are not eligible for promotion.

That is what you want to say?
Old August 23rd, 2001, 06:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Patel Bhai,

This is what I believe.

Fight for your rights? - Usually No

Elevate Yourself the the Level, or above the level till you get justice - Yes

If you don't get justice, just belive that you have not had enough efforts and so you are not eligible for promotion. Not at all!! Recognize the injustice for what it is - and keep quiet!!!! Just accept it (unless it is too harsh) as your destiny. When we are able to accept mild injustices, by recognizing it as such, we rise above men

Shring
Old August 23rd, 2001, 06:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Shring what you are preaching is Geeta ka Gyan, isn't it? Do your karma, but don't expect any compensation. That's exactly what I do. I do my best and leave the rest to destiny.
Old August 23rd, 2001, 06:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra,

I dunno whether Geeta ka Gyan is exact. Ill tell ya a story. There was a guy called Shringarey. When he was young, he got a job in a steel mill. He was subject to a lot of contempt. A person younger to him and not as brainy (at least thats what Shring thought then) was appointed as his boss. The boss was arrogant and foolish too. Shring was furious. He wanted to rebel.

Shring had an uncle. The uncle forbade Shring to do that. Write a memo to "Allah" was what the uncle said. Write down your case. "What will it do?" "Just write it down!!" So Shring began to write down how his younger boss was arrognt. He thought and thought late into the night - but he could not logically say ONE CASE where his boss was arrogant. With a shock, Shring realized that his boss was NOT arrogant, but that, he, Shring was jealous!! Shring cried that nite and he cried and cried.

Slowly Shring realized that his boss looked at things differently. Shring was bothered in meeting his production quota, boss was bothered with reducing costs, increasing sales. Shring was working for Rs 1000 pm working to get a raise. Boss was working for the company. He learnt that boss had better educatipon. That his boss's contacts did not come from heaven, but were assiduusly collected using scientific principles (Rolodex, Maggon, etc). Shring was humilitaed. But Allah converted his humiliation to humility. Shring learnt. And got advanced degrees.

In a matter of 3 yrs, Shring was away in NY dancing with sexy blondes in Blue Lagoon!!

Case is rested

Shring
Old August 23rd, 2001, 08:46 AM
eCharchan

Patel Bhai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
Shring what you are preaching is Geeta ka Gyan, isn't it? Do your karma, but don't expect any compensation. That's exactly what I do. I do my best and leave the rest to destiny.
Netra,

I also think that this is from Geeta.

Shringarey, I again respect your thoughts.
Old September 19th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Junior eCharchan

sbatra is on a distinguished road
Re: racial discrimition - proved by Shiv Chopra

He did a good job. The Inspiration for every NRI.