eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old September 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Revealed: The maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities

Revealed: The maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities

These are the maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities.

Using information from the latest U.S. census results, the maps show the extent to which America has blended together the races in the nation’s 40 largest cities.

With one dot equalling 25 people, digital cartographer Eric Fischer then colour-coded them based on race, with whites represented by pink, blacks by blue, Hispanic by orange and Asians by green.

The resulting maps may not represent what many might expect Barack Obama’s integrated rainbow nation to look like, as many cities have clear racial dividing lines.

Maps and more here
Old September 26th, 2010, 07:33 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revealed: The maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities

These maps do not just show racial breakdown, but also the divide. This ought to scare.

All jokes aside, I had just finished high school when riots erupted in Mumbai, year was 1993. You could have made similar map of where Hindus could and where Muslims couldn't go. I was safe in Dadar, but I couldn't walk 100 meters into Mahim or Bandra. It was okay for me to walk around Nana Chowk area as long as I didn't cross Grant Road station. I could take Kalbadevi road to visit Mumbadevi temple, but I dare not walk few minutes of distance to Abdul Rahman Street for fear of life.

This is very scary.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old September 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revealed: The maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities

Sasur kitna lomedy hai life mein, bataiiye... aaj subah ii padhe the hum bhi...soche the ki post karenge yahan... par pahle hi posted ho gaya.

It also shows the income divide... it is interesting to compare the races with affluent areas.