eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old July 26th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute
A lesson on the white manís justice

In a provocatively-titled opinion piece, "A lesson on the white manís justice," Praveen Swami examines the circumstances surrounding Denmark's refusal to extradite Kim Davy, the architect of the 1995 Purulia arms-drop.

Quote:
A lesson on the white manís justice

Praveen Swami
July 24, 2012

Early on the morning of December 18, 1995, residents of Khatanga, a small West Bengal hamlet, finally summoned the courage to step out of their homes and examine the strange gifts that had dropped from the skies through the night. Boxes were scattered across the fields, witnesses told investigators, enveloped in giant pieces of cloth later identified as parachutes. Local residents had helped themselves to the arsenal, but police eventually located over 150 assault rifles, rocket launchers, grenades, anti-tank rockets and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

From Copenhagen-based Neils Holck (aka Kim Davy), a monk of the shadowy ultra-right Ananda Marg cult wanted in several countries for smuggling, we know why those weapons were dropped over Purulia that night. In a television interview in 2010, Mr. Holck said he organised the arms drop as ďlegal defence against decades of murder, torture, rape by the Communist Party of India (Marxist) in West Bengal.Ē

This month, Jorgen Sorensen, Denmarkís director of public prosecutions, announced his service would not appeal a court judgment denying Indian demands for Mr. Holckís extradition ó ensuring the cult member will never stand trial. Denmarkís Eastern High Court had earlier said Mr. Holck could not be sent to India because of its ďwidespread and systematic use of tortureĒ. It flagged Indiaís ďovercrowded prisons with insufficient food and medical treatment.Ē

Impressive as this defence of human rights sounds ó and accurate as it might be ó it isnít quite the whole truth. Denmarkís record in the Westís war on jihadist terrorism suggests the same principles donít apply when the terrorists in question arenít white, and the victims arenít brown.

Yet, there is also this painful truth: Denmarkís decision has reiterated the oldest of all racist maxims that white men shouldnít suffer brown menís justice. High principle, it seems, can be constructed on less-than-edifying foundations.

Full source here: LINK
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A lesson on the white manís justice

Thanks chaiwala for the interesting post.
I did not know that "purilia arms drop" case was actually firearms being dropped from air.
repped.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I love the spirit of these people.

The arms drop is exceptional in terms of Indian revolutionary aims.

If Kim Davy was really a good Ananda Marg member and even if he was not, I still respect the spirit of his actions. Indians and especially Hindus still are need are in need of good revolutionary spirit. The rest of the circumstances were done in good spirit.

I dream of a day when Indians can escape this fake gandhian non violence.

Hindus need to be free from the fake gandhian values of non violence.

If you notice, gandhian non violence is just being preached to us as a sign of keeping us down. The west has employed non violence just keep us Hindus down. Never has the West ever employed non violence to keep itself free themselves from violence or evil. This evil doctrine has just been preached to us in terms to keep us disadvantaged or in a sense of victimized retrograde violence to ourselves. The west has used our own perverted doctrine against ourselves, thanks to Gandhi.

No.

I do not know or care who Gandhi was. He lived and died before I was ever born. All i know is that the west employed this fake and perverted doctrine against us.

Non violence will never work against an enemy who is determined to destroy us by a thousand cuts.

This is perverted, but this is real. The sooner we realize this, it is better for us and our children.

FUCK NON VIOLENCE

FUCK AHIMSA

All of this is just psychological repression of Hindus.

we Hindus deserve better in life. We deserve to stand on our own feet by the consequences of own actions whether it is peaceful or violent. Anyone who tries to prove otherwise is our enemy.

Last edited by Origmos; July 28th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:57 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

None of our mythological heros or historical ones like shivaji considered themselves non violent.

Violence is a natural aspect of the universe. Anyone who preaches otherwise is just our enemy who want to deny us the truth.

I respect physical violence. I consider violence as a natural consequence of human actions and behavior and anyone who tries to prove otherwise to the Hindu people is my personal great enemy.
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

this concept of white man's burden happened because we Hindus happened to allow this so because of own weakness.

No, I do not support the incarceration of Kim Davy. I believe this white man Kim Davy deserves to live free even if he had dropped nuclear weapons to the Ananda Marg cult. He arms dropped non nuclear regular weapons to a culy called the Ananda Marg because he shared in their beliefs. That makes him a very superior Hindu in my books, despite the fact he will not call himself a Hindu.

So in reality, this non Hindu is a better Hindu than most Hindus by names. I'm glad he was NOT sent to India for trial. The pseudo secular Indian government will not given him true justice.

Very Good!
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origmos View Post
None of our mythological heros or historical ones like shivaji considered themselves non violent.

Violence is a natural aspect of the universe. Anyone who preaches otherwise is just our enemy who want to deny us the truth.

I respect physical violence. I consider violence as a natural consequence of human actions and behavior and anyone who tries to prove otherwise to the Hindu people is my personal great enemy.
So you are enamoured with physical violence?

I don't know why you think this is the land of Ahimsa. That's not what I see. Don't you read the papers?

Every day in the papers, there's reports of violence. So much political violence in this country. Maoists, Kashmir, assorted separatist violence in the North-east. Apart from political violence, there is caste and religion-based violence. All in all, we can say there is no dearth of violence in this country.

You can't solve all problems with dishum-dishum and firing weapons. Some problems need negotiations and political solutions.

Low-intensity conflicts (of the kind waged by Maoists or the assorted separatist movements) drain a lot of resources that could be used elsewhere. Most often, these are political problems that need political solutions, otherwise the low-intensity warfare drags on and on. Not that I have any clue about how to solve any of these, but there must be some experts on these issues.
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
So you are enamoured with physical violence?

I don't know why you think this is the land of Ahimsa. That's not what I see. Don't you read the papers?

Every day in the papers, there's reports of violence. So much political violence in this country. Maoists, Kashmir, assorted separatist violence in the North-east. Apart from political violence, there is caste and religion-based violence. All in all, we can say there is no dearth of violence in this country.

You can't solve all problems with dishum-dishum and firing weapons. Some problems need negotiations and political solutions.

Low-intensity conflicts (of the kind waged by Maoists or the assorted separatist movements) drain a lot of resources that could be used elsewhere. Most often, these are political problems that need political solutions, otherwise the low-intensity warfare drags on and on. Not that I have any clue about how to solve any of these, but there must be some experts on these issues.
No, no. I'm not in favor of physical violence as such. But we must accept that when physical violence is required, we shouldn't delude ourselves trying futile non violent methods.

India has a lot of violence, but I oppose forcefeeding only the Hindus the concept of ahimsa and pseudo secularism no one else believes or indulges in.

The West has not used non violence even once.
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
No, no. I'm not in favor of physical violence as such. But we must accept that when physical violence is required, we shouldn't delude ourselves trying futile non violent methods.

India has a lot of violence, but I oppose forcefeeding only the Hindus the concept of ahimsa and pseudo secularism no one else believes or indulges in.

The West has not used non violence even once.
What's the meaning of "pseudo-secular"? I have no freakin' clue what it means.

I see people use it. Usually, it's the Hindutva crowd that uses this word, presumably as a slur?

Now that you've used it, would you mind explaining what it means? Please give me two or three simple examples, so that I can understand the concept.
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:25 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

the parties who blow their trumpet of being 'secular' are faking it (the most). they r pseudo secular.
those called communal (or saffron) r much more secular in reality.
the former will continue to maintain distance between 'minorities' & 'majority'. the latter wont (or cant) in the long run.
every sane person knows it. now you do too.
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
the parties who blow their trumpet of being 'secular' are faking it (the most). they r pseudo secular.
the former will continue to maintain distance between 'minorities' & 'majority'. the latter wont (or cant) in the long run.
You make too many generalizations and they are unconvincing.

And it doesn't answer my question about what is pseudo-secular.

Anyway, I was trying to understand the context in which Origmos used it. He must have had something in mind when he used the word. Something he associates with the word pseudo-secular. I was wondering what he associates with that word. He may be having some mental imagery associated with the word.
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Quote:

I see people use it. Usually, it's the Hindutva crowd that uses this word, presumably as a slur?

Now that you've used it, would you mind explaining what it means? Please give me two or three simple examples, so that I can understand the concept.
Pseudo secularism is a perversion of the concept of secularism. Pseudo secularism is when the state/society applies the concept of secularism in a non secular i.e communal sense, thus perverting its very essence.

Its so easy to recognize this in India. Consider how the Congress panders to the Muslim community in the name of secularism. This is ironic because the word 'secularism' implies keeping politics separate from religion. But this is obviously not the case. The Congress is playing the religion card under the guise of 'secularism'

Lets take a reverse example. The BJP is called a communal party because it claims itself (Ha ha, yea right) to safeguard Hindu interests. Now if the Congress can openly pander to the Muslim community with statements from people like Digvijay Singh in the name of secularism, why can't one party pander to Hindu interests without being called communal. This is active pseudo secularism. There are plenty of other such examples including government control over temples while minority institutions have no such control, the opposition to Uniform Civil Code which will give rights to everyone irrespective of religion instead of Hindu law, Muslim personal law etc.

No one talks about the hundreds of thousands of pandits displaced from Kashmir, everyone from the media, the government and the so called intellectuals are silent about this. But if the same remotely happens to the minority community, everyone including their grandmother will rush to proclaim how India or Gujarat or BJP ruled states have become Hindutva laboratories. This is passive pseudo secularism, the denial of rights to Hindus just because they are not a single cohesive votebanks. Witness how the plight of Assamese Hindu Bodo people have quickly slipped away from the national conscience just a week after the event. But there are mobs calling for Modi and BJP's blood even though he has been judged innocent for a riot that took place over a decade ago.

India is such a sad place, even the noble sense of secularism has not escaped perversion. This is Kaliyug after all.
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Quote:

Anyway, I was trying to understand the context in which Origmos used it. He must have had something in mind when he used the word. Something he associates with the word pseudo-secular. I was wondering what he associates with that word. He may be having some mental imagery associated with the word.
Here is a vivid mental imagery.

Once I accompanied my mother to Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai. In the middle of the temple, there was an electronic signboard proclaiming that the Bhagwan of Hindus is the same as the Allah of Muslims and God of Christians.

A noble sentiment of course. But it has no place in a temple and if it did, then it has to hang inside every mosque, dargah and Church inside India.

Would the Christians and Muslims allow such a thing? Why should Hindus be subject to this inside their very own place of worship?
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

FUCK NON VIOLENCE

FUCK AHIMSA

All of this is just psychological repression of Hindus.

we Hindus deserve better in life. We deserve to stand on our own feet by the consequences of own actions whether it is peaceful or violent. Anyone who tries to prove otherwise is our enemy.
it seems you completely mis-read the post or even what it implies.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this concept of white man's burden happened because we Hindus happened to allow this so because of own weakness.

No, I do not support the incarceration of Kim Davy. I believe this white man Kim Davy deserves to live free even if he had dropped nuclear weapons to the Ananda Marg cult. He arms dropped non nuclear regular weapons to a culy called the Ananda Marg because he shared in their beliefs. That makes him a very superior Hindu in my books, despite the fact he will not call himself a Hindu.

So in reality, this non Hindu is a better Hindu than most Hindus by names. I'm glad he was NOT sent to India for trial. The pseudo secular Indian government will not given him true justice.

Very Good!
we are tying ourselves into knots are we? what would one call it? paradox? contradiction?

so we are weak, as a nation, we cannot apprehend, try and punish someone who has broken the laws of our country. you wish that we were powerful enough not to be played with like this - however, you do support whole-heartedly someone, who pisses all over our justice system, over us as a nation and shows us his skinny white azz with his govt refusing to extradite him? (incidentally, Danish govt refusing to extradite this man has nothing to do with his beliefs or why he did whatever he did! if it was about that then atleast we would have an argument!)
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Quote:

Quote:

honestly! do you guys think this is about religion! someone has come from outside, broken my country's laws! I want him cowering before judges like every other criminal, thats it....