eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress MP called me 'bloody Indian', alleges Baba Ramdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
In that region, people ask this question, “actually when the area was acceded to India, they weren’t aware that they will be called Indians later, even though Assamese and Manipuri are Hindus, but for them any brown person who speaks Hindustani is an Indian, they don’t consider themselves an Indian
jeetIAF
Its a Fashionable to be a little bit Anti Indian .

No need to feel emotional about it. 20-30 more years and as India grows economically and millitarily more strong and Indians control most of Businesses in world then forget about North East, even Thailand will call itself a Greater India .

Its all performance . Like every one wants to be an American.
Old February 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

BTW I am happy that we are stopping appeasement of separatists.

BJP is right in saying that if Arunchal MP do not feel himself to be Indian, he can simply get lost .

No need to appease any kind of separatism. Indian democracy and India society is too strong and elastic to absorb any one. still those who don't feel part of it can get lost.
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

congress (italian ) mein yahi sikhaya jaata hain.never consider India as your own country,loot India as much as you can and abuse the kaafirs aka non congressis
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:20 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Its a Fashionable to be a little bit Anti Indian .

No need to feel emotional about it. 20-30 more years and as India grows economically and millitarily more strong and Indians control most of Businesses in world then forget about North East, even Thailand will call itself a Greater India .

Its all performance . Like every one wants to be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
BTW I am happy that we are stopping appeasement of separatists.

BJP is right in saying that if Arunchal MP do not feel himself to be Indian, he can simply get lost .

No need to appease any kind of separatism. Indian democracy and India society is too strong and elastic to absorb any one. still those who don't feel part of it can get lost.
Randhir and others who hold these views, I wish you guys would get out of your armchair idealism stupor and try to look at the malaise affecting the region. The tribals had no idea of India. They only knew their tribal boundaries. They were totally cut off from the outside world. When Nehruji signed a treaty with the king of the Nagar (?sometime in the '60s), they were still cannibals. How do you expect these people to jump straight into 21st century and understand the concept of democracy. They were derided and exploited by everyone, even though their lands were supposedly protected by the special rules and regulations - first the fauj, then the businessmen, then their own leaders. When I toured those regions in 1987/88, ULFA was in a nascent stage (just some slogan shouting activists).

We consider those lands as Indian, but do we consider those people as Indians??? Today, if you see a chinki eyed person, what would be your first thought? Nepali, Chini etc..Never would your first thought be a Mizo or Naga, much less an Adi or Apang (if you have ever heard of those). Their women are considered "easy" and preyed upon.. It is equally incumbent upon us, the non-chinki Indians to first consider them as Indians and treat them as such. We discriminate against them in so many ways, because of their looks, their religion, the way of their life.

These people have been thrust from primitive ways into 21st century century, their people divided - some in Burma, some in China - their way of life overridden by the Hindu/ Christian ways. At least the Christians did them a lot of good. You may consider their problems as similar to those of the Red Indians or the aborigines from Down Under.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old February 19th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Congress MP called me 'bloody Indian', alleges Baba Ramdev

मेढक नहीं कर सकता कुएं की सफाई
'बौरा गए हैं बाबा रामदेव'

Winking Baba ......always in news . . ... .
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
True. Guess they don't feel a part of India.

A friend who lived in the Northeast told me similar things to what Rani ji and Jeet ji are saying above.

Also, our netas tend not be creative about problems like this. Mostly, they view this merely as a security problem and leave the army there on chowkidaar duty for years and years ...
Dear, you know, educated Pakistani think that there is some separatist movement is going on in tamilnadu just because some of your regional politicians are anti hindi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Randhir and others who hold these views, I wish you guys would get out of your armchair idealism stupor and try to look at the malaise affecting the region. The tribals had no idea of India. They only knew their tribal boundaries. They were totally cut off from the outside world. When Nehruji signed a treaty with the king of the Nagar (?sometime in the '60s), they were still cannibals. How do you expect these people to jump straight into 21st century and understand the concept of democracy. They were derided and exploited by everyone, even though their lands were supposedly protected by the special rules and regulations - first the fauj, then the businessmen, then their own leaders. When I toured those regions in 1987/88, ULFA was in a nascent stage (just some slogan shouting activists).

We consider those lands as Indian, but do we consider those people as Indians??? Today, if you see a chinki eyed person, what would be your first thought? Nepali, Chini etc..Never would your first thought be a Mizo or Naga, much less an Adi or Apang (if you have ever heard of those). Their women are considered "easy" and preyed upon.. It is equally incumbent upon us, the non-chinki Indians to first consider them as Indians and treat them as such. We discriminate against them in so many ways, because of their looks, their religion, the way of their life.

These people have been thrust from primitive ways into 21st century century, their people divided - some in Burma, some in China - their way of life overridden by the Hindu/ Christian ways. At least the Christians did them a lot of good. You may consider their problems as similar to those of the Red Indians or the aborigines from Down Under.
RR bhai, even the non NEFA people like me and you are second generation educated people, my nanaji was an ordinary postman, though he retired as post master. My ammi, khala and mama are first educated generation, my nanaji was just a literate person, for an ordinary Punjabi, all hindi speaking people are Hindustanis, they cant differentiate between braj bhasha, bhopali or Maithili, in similar way for them every south indian language is madrasi, they don’t know difference between tamil and telgu. It is too much to expect those people to understand between mizo or naga. Even now educated Punjabis of delhi calls hindi speakers as Hindustani, our progress to 21st century has been sluggish if not extremely slow. Only advantage we had was that we were politically more aware than them, so calling them chinki is just assigning them to an ethnic group like calling someone as Hindustani or madrasi

At governmental part, we were actually much bigger failure, in early 2008 I visited, tezpur, misamari and finally shillong, NEFA people are much more accepting than kashmiris, now I am seeing them in delhi, hope when my generation when it gets into the command of India will integrate them completely, at least in south delhi, young NEFA boys who are born in delhi play gulli danda with Sikhs. But progress in NEFA is the only solution, the tragedy is even after providing sufficient funds for development to each state of India we are suffering needless to say corruption but even allocated funds have remained unused because of no planning or improper management.

jeetIAF

Last edited by jeetiaf; February 20th, 2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Yours truly

Subbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant futureSubbu has a brilliant future

yes baba Ramdev bloody Indian. I also bloody Indian. Soniya may bloddy, not Indian.
Old February 20th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Dear, you know, educated Pakistani think that there is some separatist movement is going on in tamilnadu just because some of your regional politicians are anti hindi.
The anti-Hindi attitude in Tamil Nadu is a legacy from the 1960's, when Nehru wanted to make Hindi the national language. The centre of the resistance to that move was in Tamil Nadu. Whatever be the motivation of Tamil politicians then, one good thing has come out from that. The language we now use to communicate, English, is due to that. Otherwise, we would all be educated in Hindi, our govt correspondence would have been in Hindi, our engineering and medical and law studies would have been in Hindi from translated books. If Hindi were used so widely in India, we would have been isolated from the rest of the world, because English has emerged as the language of global science and commerce.

So you can thank the leaders of the anti-Hindi agitation.

The funny thing is the leaders of the anti-Hindi agitation hated English too. But they hated Hindi even more. So they chose English, considering it the lesser of the two evils.

Whatever ... it all ended well, in an unintended sort of way.
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

some more:
huh
o painn, pain in da eyes

Old February 20th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
some more: ...
huh
o painn, pain in da eyes
What he is saying, directly Chirtlawa pai, is that the current progess and place of India in the world is wholly due to the madrasis. Had we left our fate in the bhaiya's hands we would have been worse off than the pukis

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
What he is saying, directly Chirtlawa pai, is that the current progess and place of India in the world is wholly due to the madrasis. Had we left our fate in the bhaiya's hands we would have been worse off than the pukis

So he is ascribing our poor HDI ranking also to madrassis .

Old February 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Seems, every con MP thinks they are italian....
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
As it is, we are not all that much better than the Pukis.

Pre-9/11, nobody bothered with our cries of being victimized by Pukistani terrorism; as far as the West was concerned, India and Pukistan were both third-world dump holes.

Leaving aside Puki terrorism, if you look at the HDI indices, Pukis and us come up at the same spots in the table, along with a bunch of countries from sub-Saharan Africa.

We are not in good company, I'm afraid, Sane pai. You wanna do something about it or not? Listen up, you can't leave everything to Iron Man Advani and Sonia Mata.
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post

So he is ascribing our poor HDI ranking also to madrassis .
You seem to be unaware of some important facts ... Chennai babes are attractive, slender, dusky, kind, compassionate, intelligent, charming, warm, stylish, and I hope I haven't forgotten any adjectives here. Like most males of the species, you must be looking for warm conversations and hot sex. At least the second of those two? So if you are not married, hook up with one of 'em Chennai babes, and you are set for the rest of your life. Every morning, you will get to eat some fermented stuff like idlis and dosais with coconut chutney, and every night, you can do naughty things. Ah, bliss.
Old February 21st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The anti-Hindi attitude in Tamil Nadu is a legacy from the 1960's, when Nehru wanted to make Hindi the national language. The centre of the resistance to that move was in Tamil Nadu. Whatever be the motivation of Tamil politicians then, one good thing has come out from that. The language we now use to communicate, English, is due to that. Otherwise, we would all be educated in Hindi, our govt correspondence would have been in Hindi, our engineering and medical and law studies would have been in Hindi from translated books. If Hindi were used so widely in India, we would have been isolated from the rest of the world, because English has emerged as the language of global science and commerce.

The funny thing is the leaders of the anti-Hindi agitation hated English too. But they hated Hindi even more. So they chose English, considering it the lesser of the two evils.

Whatever ... it all ended well, in an unintended sort of way.
Nehru wanted Hindi as national language, not as a compulsory medium of instruction, in India nearly 40% population’s mother tongue is Hindi and adds another 40% who can read and understand it. Hyderabadi and to an extent bangalorean can speak and understand it. I spent good five years in understanding Sanskrit, when I was studying in Karnataka, I still can’t understand Sanskrit but I do understand kannada. As far as mother tongue as a medium of instruction is concerned, Russians are not good at english, so are Chinese and Japanese, and they are making progress better than India, just like you even my mother tongue is not Hindi, its Punjabi, and I can read and write it. Now I have advantage of knowing three (plus one) languages, a boy educated in Assam can speak and write, Hindi, English and assamese and a tamilian can’t. through English you can connect with millions of people but without hindi you are disconnected with nearly 40 crores, Hindi is 5th most spoken language. Learning Hindi would have been better than not leaning it. All they wanted is that Hindi to be accorded national status and at least my mother tongue will not die even if my people learn another thirty languages. People from north east speak very good hindi in comparison to tamilians,

Enrico Fermi, Italian scientist, who carried out first nuclear reaction said,” whatever nature has stored for us whether kind and unpleasant it may be, men must accept it, for ignorance is never better than knowledge.

Ignoring Hindi in India can never be better than its knowledge. All of my tamilian colleagues want Hindi as third language from class five to class X in tamilnadu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Seems, every con MP thinks they are italian....
I was thinking this, isn’t niki haley and bobby jindal are Indian American just like Sonia Gandhi is Italian Indian, post 2003 election we only had one issue with her and that was videshi mool, in USA we are having Indian Americans as senator and governor of state, obama’s ancestry is also from Kenya, rather than questioning Sonia gandhi’s qualification for the prime ministerial post we only questioned her Italian decent, doesn’t it seems racist?

jeetIAF