eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress MP called me 'bloody Indian', alleges Baba Ramdev

Jeet bhau, I fully understand your point. There is no doubt that it is very useful to speak Hindi in India. If your company wants to post you up north, a knowledge of Hindi helps a lot. May be 10% of India speaks English (guessing), while some 80% would understand Hindi.

As for what exactly Nehru/Shastri wanted, I am a bit ignorant. I think they wanted a three-language formula. But if they also wanted to move towards a system where GoI correspondence was all in Hindi, wouldn't it mean knowledge of Hindi would be a prerequisite to work for GoI?

A wealth of information is accessible in English, and this is not the case in any of our languages. If you go to any bookstore in India, you will find most of the fiction/non-fiction/technical/whatever titles are in English, and very few in any of our languages. The amount of material written/translated into our languages is minimal. And if we didn't use English, we would have to translate into some 15 major languages.

Yes, it is true that European countries/Russia/China/Japan all teach in their own language. Most of these countries have the advantage of using only one language. Also, for manufacturing (like in China), language won't matter. But the IT/ITES decent-paying jobs we have in India are due to our English language skills.

Anyway, I was only pointing out what were the prevailing passions of the 1960's in Tamil Nadu. We were a new country, and there was more distrust.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

so I can say that you agree with me to certain extent, thats okay

related news

[quote] Baba Ramdev 's campaign against black money appears to have earned him many enemies among the political class as well as seers.

The Akhil Bhartiya Akhada Parishad, one of the leading groups of sadhus, is planning to write to the Prime Minister and the President seeking a CBI inquiry into the assets and wealth of the yoga guru.

The national spokesperson of the Akhada Parishad, Baba Hat Yogi, said: " A decade ago, Ramdev used to move on a bicycle. He even had to struggle to find money to fix his punctured cycle. Now he flies on a chopper. We demand an inquiry into the income and assets of the Ramdev ashram." Hat Yogi wasn't alone; a demand for a probe into the baba's assets also came from Trivender Panwar, president of the Uttarakhand Kranti Dal that recently withdrew support from the Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank government in Uttarakhand.

Quote:
" Baba Ramdev is shouting against black money to protect his own ill-gotten wealth. He is even planning to enter politics to protect his black money," Panwar alleged. " He had claimed last year that one Uttarakhand minister had asked for Rs 2-crore bribe from him for some favour. If he is so committed to weeding out corruption from India, he should disclose the name of the accused minister."

The outbursts against Ramdev come just days after a Congress MP in Arunachal Pradesh allegedly abused him when he talked about corruption at a spiritual camp at Pasighat in the East Siang district.

Many claimed that the popularity and political clout of Ramdev had made a lot of people jealous and they were now making allegations against him. But they, too, agreed that the baba should disclose his assets.

The yoga guru, however, remained unfazed. Hitting out at his critics, he told the Aaj Tak news channel: "We are ready for any inquiry. The central government has conducted such investigations twice and they are welcome to do so again. Is it a sin to speak about corruption in India?

Five crore people have donated for the development of our ashram. We will hold rallies on February 27 and March 23 in New Delhi against the failure of the Congress government to bring back to India the black money stashed away in foreign banks." His detractors dismissed his aggressive stance as mere posturing and alleged that his ashram was involved in many dubious activities. Baba Hat Yogi said: " In 2006, Mahant Shanker Dev of the Divya Yoga Mandir disappeared under mysterious circumstances. An independent inquiry should be conducted on the missing Mahant." The phenomenal rise in the wealth of the trust run by the yoga guru in the last few years has raised many eyebrows.

According to a rough estimate, the Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust has property worth more than Rs 1,000 crore in Hardwar alone.

These include a 300-bed multi specialty hospital, a yoga research centre, a university, an ayurvedic pharmacy, a food park and a cosmetics manufacturing unit.

Swami Ramdev is even reported to have acquired a Scottish isle for about £ 2 million a few years ago to set up a wellness retreat. According to unconfirmed reports, Patanjali Yogpeeth has also acquired major stakes in the Aastha TV channel.

The channel used to telecast Ramdev's daily yoga classes which helped him become an international figure.

Swami Ramdev's critics demanded to know where the funds to acquire these assets came from.

Patanjali Yogpeeth's general secretary Acharya Balkrishna insisted that the ashram's records were clean. " We maintain total transparency and keep an updated balance sheet. We have property mainly in Hardwar and land in some parts of India which are yet to be developed," he said.

“The ashram is making progress because of the support and donations from our followers. Those criticising us should ask the government to demand inquiry into the trust and organisation operated by the Gandhi family," he added.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/St...ba-ramdev.html
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

As for teaching the languages, why not have Sanskrit instead of Hindi?? Do away with Hindi subject in schools across India and replace it with Sanskrit..
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

RR bhai, i scored only three marks out of hundred in class VII. we sardars will fail in it every year and will not become ordinary sipahi in millitary, you can include jats with us. desh ki suraksha ka kya hoga

jeetIAF
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
RR bhai, i scored only three marks out of hundred in class VII. we sardars will fail in it every year and will not become ordinary sipahi in millitary, you can include jats with us. desh ki suraksha ka kya hoga

jeetIAF
Had you studied sanskrit, you would have scored 110/100.. you and all the sardars, and jats included

Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Always on target

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Had you studied sanskrit, you would have scored 110/100.. you and all the sardars, and jats included
of course, class V se lekar class IX tak, it is compulsory in kendriya vidyalaya. ek week pehle se ratta maarna shuru karo shilokas ka, i wrote supplementary from VI to class IX, uske baad peecha choota . sanskrit should be kept optional, jiske palle pade woh padhe, if madrasis study hindi they have bollywood to support their understanding unfortunately sanskrit has just one weekly news on sundays and that to, on doordarshan

jeetIAF
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

I will write another thread to discuss Sanskrit...

Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Always on target

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
I will write another thread to discuss Sanskrit...
sure, and I assure, i will discuss it much seriously

jeetIAF
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

During Angrez raaj the british rulers failed to find anemia in Indians so they started calling "bloody Indians" which when translated in hindi means khoon waala Indian.Ab jo MP ne Ramdev ko bloody Indian bulaya usne shayad Baba Ramdev ka blood report dekha hoga,no anemia so full of blood so bloody Indian