eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old September 9th, 2008, 11:25 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: An OPeN Letter to Didi Jayaji and Bhaiya Amitabhji Bachhan

I somehow fail to understand why the Bachchans are always in the Thackerays cross-hair?

Why are they always picking on them when there are hordes of other successful North Indian stars residing in Bombay?

As for Mrs. Bachchan's remark, its obvious that she intended it to get back at the Thackerays. While most Maharashtrians don't give a damn about this, the Thackerays are hell bent to use this incident as a whole anti-Marathi stance by the Bachchans.

Dirty politics at its worst.
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: An OPeN Letter to Didi Jayaji and Bhaiya Amitabhji Bachhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post

As for Mrs. Bachchan's remark, its obvious that she intended it to get back at the Thackerays. While most Maharashtrians don't give a damn about this
Excuse me ! I and many other Maharshtrians are angry about arrogant remarks by Jaya B. Just wanted to let you know. I don't have anything to discuss further. Thanks.
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jayaji's comments ...

Raj Thackrey is putting Maharashtrians to shame. I do not agree with him. His issues might have been valid many many decades ago. What he is trying to do today is bullcrap and I dont agree with him at all.

Instead of enforcing Marathi - which does not need to be and has flourished over the years without such help - he should try to get good English education for all as its English which differentiates us from rest of the developing world. This is evident from the offshore jobs that we get.

Think of increasing employment and make every Marathi medium poor class young person capable of speaking English and get a job in a call center at the very least. At least this is a better way of earning a living than having to stay jobless.

Anyway, Raj Thackrey is a storm in a tea cup and will die down when elections come around. This moron and his party will get nothing in the elections.
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik View Post
Excuse me ! I and many other Maharshtrians are angry about arrogant remarks by Jaya B. Just wanted to let you know. I don't have anything to discuss further. Thanks.

a simple question...who started it?? if you are bricked, you cant remain silent, i agree with tantu baba, she was just being sarcastic, rubbing salt to her own injuries, bur MNS and likes of them have used this to provoke marathi manoos
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: An OPeN Letter to Didi Jayaji and Bhaiya Amitabhji Bachhan

Quote:
Arey Bhau, aap bhi kyu tension lete ho? My Maharashtrain friends here in Mumbai look upon this as a publicity stunt than as an anti-Maharashtrian stand. (As Amtha Bhai pointed out).

Chalo, I admit I too shouldn't take this as a common view by all.

Nonetheless this episode is getting blown out of proportion.
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I somehow fail to understand why the Bachchans are always in the Thackerays cross-hair?

Why are they always picking on them when there are hordes of other successful North Indian stars residing in Bombay?

As for Mrs. Bachchan's remark, its obvious that she intended it to get back at the Thackerays. While most Maharashtrians don't give a damn about this, the Thackerays are hell bent to use this incident as a whole anti-Marathi stance by the Bachchans.

Dirty politics at its worst.
That's because they are not like the average hindi-movie hero... where the hero first offs the small-fry... and then at the end goes for the big-shot villian. The Thankerays go straight for the jugular... of the top guy directly

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

This is a problem with extremism, in general...... Its a double edged sword....... Day before yesterday it was hanging on the Moslems, yesterday was on Northies, then came the turn of Gujaratis and Marwaris running businesses and today its someone else.... Who's next......??? We, as kids, used to rejoice at the 'bold' statements of Balasaheb Thackerey in Rajat Sharma's Aap ki adaalt....... Now I guess, that rejoicing was childish indeed.......

Taking Mumbai back to the days of Shivaji Maharaj is as impractical as Mamta's stand on Singur....... Even Shivaji Maharaj, if he were alive today, would have wanted to look forward...... And here are these guys stoking the sentiments of people....... The damage caused would indeed be long lasting........ As always, Indians lack the unity of purpose........ Indians themselves dont know what's in their good interests......... Some so-called neta beckons people to pelt stones and followers does it dutifully.......

It is because of this reason that BJP and its likes should be avoided........ They are no ones....... Its so very strange and unethical of BJP, not to even demur at what Raj is doing in Mumbai.......!!!!! I guess, if Laloo and Paswan and Nitish wouldnt have pressurized and taken up the counter charge a lot more violence would have taken place....... Atleast in this sense Laloo and Paswan have shown more proactivity........

People who do business or work in public sector companies etc which are located in Mumbai do their duties by paying taxes, tolls and whatever is demanded by the legal frame work of the state......... And that should be seen as sufficiently patriotic.........

Raj Thackerey issued a thousand vitriolic and acerbic statements in his tirade against the North Indians and very recently even physically targetted Gujarati and marwari businesses...... If Jaya has given one insensitive statement then on what moral grounds is he taking about the 'asmita' of Marathis......??? Insults are like homing pegions........ The more you fly them on others the more they keep coming back on you....... Sadly, the Thackeray clan doesnt realise this....... Sadly, the Deshmukhs and Patils in power have done nothing to rein in this gargoyle of a devil who is unnecessarily creating an issue out of nothing.........
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Banned

iamsecular can only hope to improve

Who says Abhishek Bacchan has a fading career ?

He doesnt need such shit-pot publicity. He is a very god actor who gets into the skin of the character. Typical unconventional looks.

Abey idhar hai koi marathi mai ka lal actor who has made it big in bollywood??? Stop pointing fingers at us N.Indians. Black fools from south. I consider maharashtra also a part of south India. No sophistication at all.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Arey Bhau, aap bhi kyu tension lete ho? My Maharashtrain friends here in Mumbai look upon this as a publicity stunt than as an anti-Maharashtrian stand. (As Amtha Bhai pointed out).

Chalo, I admit I too shouldn't take this as a common view by all.

Nonetheless this episode is getting blown out of proportion.
Don't know about your friends, but here is proof for you. (Comments and blog of respected Marathi paper - Sakal). Except couple of comments, everybody is worked up with Jaya comments. See yourself: (of course if you can read Marathi)

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...75907171556492
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post

He doesnt need such shit-pot publicity. He is a very god actor who gets into the skin of the character. Typical unconventional looks.

Abey idhar hai koi marathi mai ka lal actor who has made it big in bollywood??? Stop pointing fingers at us N.Indians. Black fools from south. I consider maharashtra also a part of south India. No sophistication at all.
Chalo bhai log aajaao.
Northie-southie maaraamai kaa open invitation de raha hai yeh iamsecular tum subko.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

What more reverence can a nation give to a state when its democratic set up has the President and the Home Minister from this state........
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Anyway, Raj Thackrey is a storm in a tea cup and will die down when elections come around. This moron and his party will get nothing in the elections.
You are completely out of touch from politics in Maharashtra. Whether Raj Thackrey is shameful or not, his popularity is increasing day by day. He himself knows and stated publicly that he'll get nothing in few upcoming elections which doesn't mean he will die down.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

tu toh bahoot sophisticated lag riya hai tere reply se yeh kaunse type ka secularism hai
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
You are completely out of touch from politics in Maharashtra. Whether Raj Thackrey is shameful or not, his popularity is increasing day by day. He himself knows and stated publicly that he'll get nothing in few upcoming elections which doesn't mean he will die down.
I agree completely...... Raj is today the most popular and even, to some, revered politician today........ His popularity graph is rising with every statement that he gives in public...... It was expected that his shrill rhetoric would soon be abated but it has rather become 'shriller' by the day........ And he's completely in touch with this popularity charts.........!!!!
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:31 PM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future

Quote:

We dont need a puki fukker to comment about our states. We are fine thank you. Kindly go back to your goat fukkin madrassa