eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > TV and Radio

Notices

TV and Radio Whats up with your favorite show?

Old April 17th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Your comments on TV shows

Inspired by another thread and topic, I wanted to hear what you had to say about TV shows.

Here is my take on some current shows on TV in USA. You can add shows from your part of the world too, but mention the channel like Zee, Fox, etc..

Quote:

NBC: Law and Order
It has run out of topics/crimes now. NBC is struggling as number 4 network this year as its shows The West Wing, Law & Order are failing in the ratings war. I used to watch Law and Order. Now I find it monotonous.

CBS: CSI , CSI:Miami
I tried watching CSI and CSI:Miami. Initially the show was good and interesting. Now its very predictable - 1) Two storylines will run in parallel 2) The answer you expect will never be the answer (now thats predictable predicatability ) 3) The two cases may or may not be connected 4) The chief Medical Examiner CSI head honcho will always pose with a suposed to be profound look in the last shot of the show.

FOX: 24 was good till date. Now Jack bauer keeps running non stop from one location to another with cliches like - Upload to my screen. Now! and its an endless chase after another with some plot thrown in here and there. The last 1 minute always tries to be a shocker and its predictable. So there goes the show..

FOX: Prison Break One of the most brilliant shows I have seen. Now its become like a Hindi TV soap opeara - non stop dragging with very less of story and plot twists.

CBS & ABC: The Unit and NCIS - Too much of special ops and marines and bombs and all that. Too similar.

NBC: Heist - New show by NBC - Boring from the word go because each character has a million tons of attitude and smugness. I hate any smug chracters who are supposed to be smug because they are cool.

Comedy Central: South Park - This season is great and better than last couple of insipid seasons as it tackles more current issues boldy. South Park rocks anytime.

Comedy Central: The Showbiz Show - Great, in your face, Hollywood bashing!! Funny too.

Comedy Central: Mind of Mencia - What Dave Chappelle could not achieve and left half way. Great show. Love it.

Comedy Central: Daily Show - John Stewart is getting more irrelevant and boring by the day

Comedy Central: The Colbert report - A copy of Daily Show and Colbert needs to go hide in some other comdian's ass and not bore us. TOo much similarity in formats. Boring!

Comedy Central: Blue Collar Comedy on Comedy Central - Rocks anytime. Jeff FOxworthy, Engval, Larry... et-al.. Funny
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:17 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your comments on TV shows

One hour shows ... glued to sofa ... not for me.

South Park ... watched a few epis ... good ... I won't make it a habit.

Mind of Mencia ... not yet ... schedule problem.

Chappal guy is funny ... no doubt ... worth 30 minutes.

Stewart little is good ... funny.

Only show which I watched regular ... made it a point to ... off the air ... The Man Show.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Junior eCharchan

torontodesi is an unknown quantity at this point

I am hooked to

Desperate Houswwives - Love the neigbourhood women.

Huff - (a Showtime series) - The best drama series I ever seen on TV. Hank Azaria is my fav character.
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Your comments on TV shows

Oprah Show-Star world-50% I understand rest time I watch ladies & their etc.
Cricket -Ten Sports.
News - Star Tv/Zee/Sahara/BBC/ CNN.

Old April 18th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

I like watching "House". It is aired on FOX at Tuesday at 9:00Pm
http://www.tv.com/house/show/22374/summary.html
It is very good episodes and ppl who are interested in medicine field will enjoy it.

Another ok series is "Bones" . It is based on forensic crime solving team
http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3827

Old April 18th, 2006, 12:52 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

me and some of mah frens are authorities on SEINFELD...i've watched enuf to give it a rest for some time...Friends and others are okay but not great...

recently started watching LAW & ORDER...some episodes are very good...I dont care much abt. the plot...but the way they build up their arguments and the case is wat keeps me glued for an hour...

I catch some news on CNN everyday...a movie on the weekend sometimes...thats abt. all the TV i watch...