eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Traditions and Festivals

Notices

Traditions and Festivals India's vibrant festivals and unique traditions..

Old February 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Why not celebrate Valentine's as Kamasutra Day?

I would love to see our young generation in India to celebrate Valentine's Day as Kamasutra Day.

Since we have so many morality brigades in India preventing our young folks from celebrating a simple day for expressing love and friendship in the name of 'culture and morality', then how about celebrating Indian culture by calling it Kamasutra Day?

Kamasutra is India's gift to the world. Its our ancient cultural milestone in our history. So lets see how many parties oppose this!
Old February 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why not celebrate Valentine's as Kamasutra Day?

Kamasutra day is every day. Morality brigade is protesting valentine's day because it occurs only once a year.
Old February 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Kamasutra is India's gift to the world. Its our ancient cultural milestone in our history. So lets see how many parties oppose this!
We can try all the 67 Asanas of Vatsayan in our homes everyday. But issue is displaying this on Road and that too in a small conservative town like Amrawati or Sangli. Trying this in Bombay is no issue.

Till the day Amrawati and Sangali cities are ready to accept a Single Mother,ShivSena is right to oppose Valentine's day.
Old February 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Why not celebrate Valentine's as Kamasutra Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
We can try all the 67 Asanas of Vatsayan in our homes everyday. But issue is displaying this on Road and that too in a small conservative town like Amrawati or Sangli. Trying this in Bombay is no issue.

Till the day Amrawati and Sangali cities are ready to accept a Single Mother,ShivSena is right to oppose Valentine's day.
Randheer,
If one lives in a multi-cultural and open city like Mumbai, then dont the people there have the right to celebrate the more 'open and progressive' things like V day? Why should a Mumbaikar wait for a Sanglikar or a Amrawatikar to adopt the open lifestyle of Mumbai?

And V-Day is not about kissing and fucking on the road or in public view? Atleast not in Mumbai. Its about taking your valentine out to dinner and a movie or some such celebration.

I am in support of maintaining and following our Hindu traditions and festivals, but not this kind of censorship on freedom to express your love.

And what do you think happens in Dandiya - Navratri Raas Garba in Mumbai? I have grown up in Mumbai and have attended many a navratri raas garba program in Mumbai. I dont have a record to show you because there was no internet then, but the makers of Kamasutra condoms (I think TTK products) had reported that their sales of condoms were the highest during Navratri.

So many young boys and girls were fucking anyway during Navratri festival. Where was the morality brigade then? Why did they not slap girls and boys who were gyrating to thumping beats of the drums? Just because it was in a pandal and to Gujarati and Hindi songs?

See, the biggest problem is that we Indians talk of culture and traditions and then we are very hypocrite about it. If you ask me, yes I will say fucking at random before marriage is not right. Sex should not be treated in a casual and flippant manner, but at the same time if two lovers wish to just hold hands and visit a restaurant and have a nice candle lit dinner, then no one has a right to stop them. If they start fucking in the restaurant I would object and stop them, but if they are doing it behind closed doors, then let them fuck. And anyway, the fact that they are going 'steady' and going out, it means they will do whatever they want to do on any other day too. So stopping just Valentine's day is not preventing them from doing their deeds and loving each other. So why this drama?
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Echarcha,
All these people protesting that Valentines Day should be banned, bla bla bla don’t really understand the emotions behind this particular. Exchanging gifts, going for dinner etc certainly is a good distraction from the day to day activities. And this day is also meant for parents, children, siblings etc. Even they exchange gifts. And February doesn’t have any festivals and hence this day gives a reason to look forward for this occasion where you can spend time with your loved one. Does a person protesting against this V Day look at it this way? No. Thats why this drama.

I don’t mean to derail the topic but I am reminded of a particular instance which happened last month near a major train station in downtown Toronto. The Sri Lankans had a huge gathering calling the attention of Canadian government towards the bloodshed, Tamil Tiger issue etc happening in Sri Lanka. There was a kid, maybe 4 or 5 years old on the stage screaming on top of his voice, “Canada, send funds to Sri Lanka, Canada don’t ignore my homeland” etc etc… Does this kid even know what/who a Tamil Tiger is?

There is so much in common between this kid and the guys protesting V Day. Both of them don’t know what they are saying…
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Why not celebrate Valentine's as Kamasutra Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
last month near a major train station in downtown Toronto. The Sri Lankans had a huge gathering calling the attention of Canadian government towards the bloodshed, Tamil Tiger issue etc happening in Sri Lanka. There was a kid, maybe 4 or 5 years old on the stage screaming on top of his voice, “Canada, send funds to Sri Lanka, Canada don’t ignore my homeland” etc etc…
hahaha man, it would be fun if somehow i could take over a country man..i would perpetrate a general Dyre shit on all such demonstrations in mah country

what the fuck is this shit..send funds and protest against the embassies and shit..lolz, if thaz how you guys want it then go the fuck back where you came from

all this shit would be damn simple for me man..fuck just open fire on all this BS and all will be coo

i just hope and pray that i get to take over some shit (especially India ) like this..will be fun..trust me

Old February 17th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is so much in common between this kid and the guys protesting V Day. Both of them don’t know what they are saying…
there is so much common between kid, those guyz and YOU !!! none of u know what you are saying...

here kharchu is talking about celebrating V-day as kamasutra day and you are talking about protests on V-day....damnnn...what is the diff between those guyz asking for funds for SL and you..atleast they are asking funds to take care of tamil refugees fleeing the war-torn northern area of sri-lanka...see they are close to topic...but you...itz like a guy asking a gal...should we celebrate V-day as kamasutra day? and the gal replies..."u know my friend lilly...she sent a nice 650 bucks...enamor...pink color netted g-string chaddi to ram sene in protest of mangalore events"...and rest is history coz the guy started sleeping wid lilly !!

anyways coming back to topic...are you nuts kharchu? atleast here some stupid people are protesting against this day...u dont want parents to chain their kids at home on K-day, do you??... and then some liberal..liberated' pink chaddi' campaigners will send chaddis to parents...thats what you want, rite?
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena View Post

anyways coming back to topic...are you nuts kharchu? atleast here some stupid people are protesting against this day...u dont want parents to chain their kids at home on K-day, do you??... and then some liberal..liberated' pink chaddi' campaigners will send chaddis to parents...thats what you want, rite?
What I meant was that our morality brigade condemns and protests V day because its 'western and imported culture'. My question is what would the same moral police do if our young folks decided to celebrate our own culture of Kamasutra?

Our own people take pride in our culture but when it comes to talking of things like Kamasutra, we are all shy and consider it a taboo. This is hypocrisy and thats what I am talking about.
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
What I meant was that our morality brigade condemns and protests V day because its 'western and imported culture'. My question is what would the same moral police do if our young folks decided to celebrate our own culture of Kamasutra?

Our own people take pride in our culture but when it comes to talking of things like Kamasutra, we are all shy and consider it a taboo. This is hypocrisy and thats what I am talking about.
that is where we need to draw the difference ....folks here thinks that V-day is a form of kamasutra day with guyz and gals indulging in 'love-making' (and itz true also)....all in all itz not about culture or moral brigade...its about how we have deviated from our identity, roles and responsibilities.
If youth unleash a campaign to educate these people what this day really means then I guess there would be less problem...ofcourse parties should sit together to discuss such issues.

I am saying this as an optimist because v-day or no v-day..most of this stuff are merely political gimmicks !!

I still maintain that even mentioning K-word in V-day thread would be a crime because there is no connection of k-word with v-word...i mean atleast this is what normal adult would like to communicate to protesting idiots!!

also..kamasutra is art of love making between two adults and not between kids, teenagers etc...its a 'how-to' book and not 'you -got-to' !!

so if some people think that we taught the world how to have sex then i must mention that there were civilizations around the world at that time who were procreating naturally and not through any divine intervention. Its just that chinese were busy inventing paper to write this stuff and we found a substitute of using some trees leaves!!
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there is so much common between kid, those guyz and YOU !!! none of u know what you are saying...

here kharchu is talking about celebrating V-day as kamasutra day and you are talking about protests on V-day....damnnn...what is the diff between those guyz asking for funds for SL and you..
Thank you. I stand corrected
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Thank you. I stand corrected
I just got a warning reg server space so i will keep it short, I dont know why this reaction from your side or what you mean by it? many times even i go off-topic and derail threads but.......I dont know what to write...take it lite daughter...I may sound rude but i am not...I am just enjoying my tea at roadside chaiwala's dukaan with my buddies here and I love it when we are free to speak whatever shit comes into mind, pull each others legs n blahblah...

so what do you young guys say to each other...'take a chill-pill"...rite?
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Why not celebrate Valentine's as Kamasutra Day?

Quote:
take it lite daughter
tera yeh daughter funda kya hai Rakhiji ke saath? I dont see you addressing dollyg or pakki tai like that!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
tera yeh daughter funda kya hai Rakhiji ke saath? I dont see you addressing dollyg or pakki tai like that!
I dont remember dolly or pakki coming to me to give advice on how to make hubby happy...so...when i opened my Pandora's box...i felt like an old man......SON!!

now stop derailing