eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old October 21st, 2012, 07:04 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute
Yash chopra passes away :'(

RIP ... It actually made me feel bad . He was 80 . " Jab Taak Hai Jaan" was his final movie as a director .
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:21 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yash chopra passes away :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
RIP ... It actually made me feel bad . He was 80 . " Jab Taak Hai Jaan" was his final movie as a director .
RIP.

He will live on through his works and his creations. All of them will have a part of him still living in this universe.
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

His old movies were all wonderful. From the recent ones, I liked Chandani.

"Tere mere hothon pe meethe meethe geet mitwa" from Chandani

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

RIP..
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
His old movies were all wonderful. From the recent ones, I liked Chandani.

"Tere mere hothon pe meethe meethe geet mitwa" from Chandani

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

RIP..

Agree .......
Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Yash Chopra
Old February 27th, 2016, 10:48 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ashdoc's movie review---Kabhie Kabhie ( 1977 )

This is a movie made by the emperor of romance---Yash Chopra . And it has it's soul in poetry . It's songs are nothing but sheer poetry itself , and as luck would have it they have been embellished with fine music .

Amitabh is a poet . The poetry he makes in college days attracts a young woman ( Rakhee ) to him . And they fall deeply in love . Their love is not the fervour of physical passion but the pleasure of taking long walks in the woods together , of reading poems while in each others arms . Their love is the pure love born out of companionship and out of common interest in poetry .

But fate has other plans for the two . Rakhee's parents want her to marry another man . Rakhee wants to revolt but Amitabh refuses !! He says that he does not want to build his love nest by hurting near and dear ones . He asks Rakhee to marry the person chosen by her parents and asks her to not even recognize him when they cross paths again . Rakhee marries a wealthy businessman ( Shashi ) chosen by her parents and remains loyal to him . At the time of marriage Shashi does not know about Amitabh's relationship with Rakhee and gifts a book of Amitabh's poems to her on their wedding night as he is his fan . The book is titled ' Kabhie Kabhie...'

Amitabh may have taken a steely decision to not marry Rakhee but inside he is heartbroken . He decides to renounce poetry altogether and makes one last poem .
Translated into english the poem reads like this---

'' I am a poet of only one or two moments ,
only one or two moments is my youth ,
only one or two moments are my episodes ,
only one or two moments is my story...

Tomorrow there will come others who will make poetry ,
better poetry than me ,
better will be the quality of those who say the poetry ,
better will be the quality of those who listen to it...

So the world should not wait for me ,
why waste time on me....''

If Rakhee would have heard this she would have been pained , and pained deeply . She wanted Amitabh to continue poetry even after leaving her and wanted him to become a famous poet . If she had her will then Amitabh's last poem would not be his last and it's first paragraph would have read like this---

'' I am a poet of all times to come ,
each future moment is my youth ,
each future moment is my episode ,
and each future moment is my story.... ''

Years pass by and Amitabh marries Waheeda and they have a daughter ( Naseem ) . Amitabh has become a rich man as he has devoted time for his construction business . But what he does not know is the fact that Waheeda has hidden a secret from him---that she had borne an illegitimate child ( Neetu ) from another man before marriage , who had been adopted by a childless couple . And the boyfriend of Neetu is none other than Rishi , who is son of Shashi and Rakhee....

So decades down the line , the two couples are destined to cross each others paths and the two old lovers Amitabh and Rakhee are meant to meet again . The meeting is hastened by the fact that Neetu wants to spend time with her real mother and her boyfriend Rishi wants to spend time with her . So Neetu comes to Amitabh's and Waheeda's house in the guise of a relative and Rishi follows her and takes up a job in Amitabh's construction company to remain close to Neetu . The whole situation comes to boil when Amitabh's and Waheeda's daughter Naseem falls in love with Rishi and wants to snatch him from Neetu bringing the situation close to explosion....

Of all the characters in the film I liked Shashi's the best ; he is a large hearted person who takes the fact that his wife Rakhee loved someone else ( Amitabh ) before meeting him without any hint of jealousy and is ready to make friends with his wife's former lover and share drinks with him without malice . He looks handsome too even in middle age and acts with flamboyance .

Amitabh on the other hand takes the news of his wife's love child Neetu very hard and is pent with bitterness that his wife Waheeda did not tell him of her former relationship . And his daughter Naseem takes it even harder that the person she loves ( Rishi ) is in love with the same person who has caused havoc in their life---her mother's illegitimate child Neetu .

So will Amitabh find the reserves of liberalism and continue his relationship with Waheeda inspite of she having hidden her illegitimate child from him?? After all even had a past relationship with Rakhee didn't he...Or is he just an armchair poet who cannot bring his high philosophical thoughts into action when confronted with real life ?? And will his overpampered daughter Naseem give up her obsession for Rishi and accept that he belongs to her elder step sister Neetu ??

The movie takes a stand against male chauvinism and asks men to accept that their women had relationships in the past before becoming their wives , relationships whose existence they should accept and move on . A love story spanning two generations , the movie has beautiful songs and music and great acting from all protagonists . Obviously it was loved by women of all ages and classes when it was released and went on to become a box office blockbuster....well deserved success , in my opinion

Verdict---Very good .
Four and a half stars out of five .
Old February 27th, 2016, 11:57 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Amitabh may have taken a steely decision to not marry Rakhee but inside he is heartbroken . He decides to renounce poetry altogether and makes one last poem .

only one or two moments is my story... .

The movie starts with 'main pal do pal ka shayar hoon'. Rakhi asks for an autograph from Big B after he sings this one and that's when their relationship begins.

The titles actually begin at the 3rd song which has a surprise element of the bridegroom being Shashi Kapoor.

I used to like Yadh Chopra movies before 'Sillysila'

You may like 'Daag' too.
Old February 27th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
The movie starts with 'main pal do pal ka shayar hoon'. Rakhi asks for an autograph from Big B after he sings this one and that's when their relationship begins.

The titles actually begin at the 3rd song which has a surprise element of the bridegroom being Shashi Kapoor.

I used to like Yadh Chopra movies before 'Sillysila'

You may like 'Daag' too.
Who is Yadh Chopra?

Old February 27th, 2016, 05:40 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Who is Yadh Chopra?
you don't yadh khopda?

I AGREE
Old February 27th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

^ that was quite funny and had watched couple of times,...

If you had watched CNWK, in few shows SRK had also imitated him, and he was quite funny. SRK mentioned that once Yash ji, explained the story to me and Madhuri,
and later Madhuri asked me, did you understand, what he said in the story ? ,.. you seemed quite positive while he was explaining the whole story,.....n'... SRK said I neither, in fact I never do...
but at least he understands,.. what he is doing,..
and that's how it has gone, up till now,.... I never understood any story ever either.... Lol.
Old February 27th, 2016, 10:51 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Who is Yadh Chopra?
Yash Chopra as viewed by iPhone auto correct.
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:17 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ashdoc's movie review---Jab tak hai jaan

Welcome to the world of superlative romance.....courtesy the greatest exponent of it---Yash Chopra who else......

The world of making love on satin sheets in luxurious bed......

.......Of wild kissing in telephone booths in blinding rain.....

.......Of motorcycle rides on smooth roads in supergreen countryside with arms outstretched in impossible joy......

........Of romantic confessions in beautiful churches while it is snowing outside.......all picture perfect.....

........Of waiting for your beloved for years without batting an eyelid.....

........Of love between people of different classes---between a rich girl and poor boy.....

Welcome to that world one last time......for the man who made us so familiar with that world is no more.......yes , Yash Chopra has breathed his last.......

And he has left a void no one can fulfill.....

For no one could make a woman look more beautiful than Yash Chopra.....a fact that you can appreciate when you see Katrina look absolutely stunning......

Yeah , she looks divine in sarees , in nighties , in revealing clothes and also in covering clothes.....

And watch her do dirty dancing in micromini and exposing top---she exudes fire like no one else......

The antics of Anushka Sharma pale in comparison with the super beauty of Kats , her soft skin , her smooth white face and the pain in her eyes.....

This even though Anushka has worn what is practically a bikini in her first scene in the film......thats because Anushka's character is a little too talkative and over the top---a little too much.....or maybe thats what the director intended it to be , for Anushka is not the one Shah Rukh is in love with......

He's is love with Kats , and she is with him too---in her majesty's heartland , London....

But a twist of fate separates the two and he goes to Kashmir to risk his life again and again defusing bombs for a living in order to prove something to himself---where he meets Anushka the chatterbox ten years later when she comes to shoot a film for discovery channel.....

And its upto Anushka to bring them together again.....

And how ?? Go and watch the movie for that......

Its the reason why Shah Rukh and Katrina separate that forms the weakest link in the chain of events that can be called the story......the reason seems to be silly and unrealistic and based on superstition......

And unfortunately , the chain is strongest only as its weakest link.....

Of course , Yash has pulled in all stops to bring in maximum support for his film from maximum audiences---by including too many muslim and Pakistani characters to make the film popular among muslim audiences around the globe......even while dying the old man could not cure his itch to appease the pukis......

But from my side all that is forgiven.....after all , it his last film we will get to see and I am a getting a bit senty.........

Music is good , and the photography and colours of the film are stunning to say the least.....so are the clothes worn by Katrina......

Shah Rukh retains his naughtiness of old times in some scenes and does act well.....

And everything about the film exudes class modernity and forwardness, especially that fact that Katrina smokes and Anushka has had sex with multiple partners ---in fact it is a film that is not for the masses and is strictly for the multiplex audience and NRIs.......

But still I was not really impressed by the film---the weakest link in the chain did make things unimpressive......

But hey !! Its Yashji's last film.....and he being the badshah of romance........so all is forgiven !!

Verdict---only okay .
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Junior eCharchan

Naren_modi is on a distinguished road

Last line. duper.

Silsilaa, kabhi-kabh,i deewar and few gemes, i would say, he raised the indian generation feeding them with the tales of feelings and emotions and that's how major population were raised watching his entertainment. Though he also copied a lot - deewaar was a copy of Chinese Two brothers
Old July 15th, 2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post

This is a movie made by the emperor of romance---Yash Chopra . And it has it's soul in poetry . It's songs are nothing but sheer poetry itself , and as luck would have it they have been embellished with fine music .

Amitabh is a poet . The poetry he makes in college days attracts a young woman ( Rakhee ) to him . And they fall deeply in love . Their love is not the fervour of physical passion but the pleasure of taking long walks in the woods together , of reading poems while in each others arms . Their love is the pure love born out of companionship and out of common interest in poetry .

But fate has other plans for the two . Rakhee's parents want her to marry another man . Rakhee wants to revolt but Amitabh refuses !! He says that he does not want to build his love nest by hurting near and dear ones . He asks Rakhee to marry the person chosen by her parents and asks her to not even recognize him when they cross paths again . Rakhee marries a wealthy businessman ( Shashi ) chosen by her parents and remains loyal to him . At the time of marriage Shashi does not know about Amitabh's relationship with Rakhee and gifts a book of Amitabh's poems to her on their wedding night as he is his fan . The book is titled ' Kabhie Kabhie...'

only one or two moments is my story...

Tomorrow there will come others who will make poetry ,
better poetry than me ,
better will be the quality of those who say the poetry ,
better will be the quality of those who listen to it...

So the world should not wait for me ,
why waste time on me....''

If Rakhee would have heard this she would have been pained , and pained deeply . She wanted Amitabh to continue poetry even after leaving her and wanted him to become a famous poet . If she had her will then Amitabh's last poem would not be his last and it's first paragraph would have read like this---

'' I am a poet of all times to come ,
each future moment is my youth ,
each future moment is my episode ,
and each future moment is my story.... ''

Years pass by and Amitabh marries Waheeda and they have a daughter ( Naseem ) . Amitabh has become a rich man as he has devoted time for his construction business . But what he does not know is the fact that Waheeda has hidden a secret from him---that she had borne an illegitimate child ( Neetu ) from another man before marriage , who had been adopted by a childless couple . And the boyfriend of Neetu is none other than Rishi , who is son of Shashi and Rakhee....

So decades down the line , the two couples are destined to cross each others paths and the two old lovers Amitabh and Rakhee are meant to meet again . The meeting is hastened by the fact that Neetu wants to spend time with her real mother and her boyfriend Rishi wants to spend time with her . So Neetu comes to Amitabh's and Waheeda's house in the guise of a relative and Rishi follows her and takes up a job in Amitabh's construction company to remain close to Neetu . The whole situation comes to boil when Amitabh's and Waheeda's daughter Naseem falls in love with Rishi and wants to snatch him from Neetu bringing the situation close to explosion....

Of all the characters in the film I liked Shashi's the best ; he is a large hearted person who takes the fact that his wife Rakhee loved someone else ( Amitabh ) before meeting him without any hint of jealousy and is ready to make friends with his wife's former lover and share drinks with him without malice . He looks handsome too even in middle age and acts with flamboyance .

Amitabh on the other hand takes the news of his wife's love child Neetu very hard and is pent with bitterness that his wife Waheeda did not tell him of her former relationship . And his daughter Naseem takes it even harder that the person she loves ( Rishi ) is in love with the same person who has caused havoc in their life---her mother's illegitimate child Neetu .

So will Amitabh find the reserves of liberalism and continue his relationship with Waheeda inspite of she having hidden her illegitimate child from him?? After all even had a past relationship with Rakhee didn't he...Or is he just an armchair poet who cannot bring his high philosophical thoughts into action when confronted with real life ?? And will his overpampered daughter Naseem give up her obsession for Rishi and accept that he belongs to her elder step sister Neetu ??

The movie takes a stand against male chauvinism and asks men to accept that their women had relationships in the past before becoming their wives , relationships whose existence they should accept and move on . A love story spanning two generations , the movie has beautiful songs and music and great acting from all protagonists . Obviously it was loved by women of all ages and classes when it was released and went on to become a box office blockbuster....well deserved success , in my opinion

Verdict---Very good .
Four and a half stars out of five .

Saw this movie again and sympathized with Big B's character.

- He loves Rakhee who marries Shashi Kapoor and gets screwed by him. She says she is forced by her parents but blames it on Big B for not doing herogiri of eloping with her.

- He marries Waheeda Rehman and finds 20 years later that she got screwed before he married her. She then retorts 'Didnt you also have a chance to screw around with Rakhee.;'

- His daughter with Waheeda Rehman (some unknown actress). loves Rishi Kapoor but he just wants to screw around with her and marry bustier Neetu Singh.

YC could have introduced a twist in the movie where Big B ends up screwing Neetu Singh to avenge all the injustice
Old July 17th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
Oh no! Ye kab hua?

I liked his movies.