eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 24th, 2014, 09:43 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PK - movie review

Why is Hirani doing Hindu rituals for success of PK movie, the same ones he ridicules..

Old December 24th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I would say go and watch the movie,its not anti-hindu its about false babas and their suggested rituals.
And who said there is no criticism about other religions ? watch the movie and dont just decide by few comments on social medias
This is what my sister said as well. I am going to watch this. At any rate, watching a movie for 2 hours in itself is a big deal. If we add Christianity and Islam, it would be a six hour movie!
Old December 24th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Kitna bhi kama le PK...

Sunny Leony usse jyada kama leti hai.........

So ke
Old December 25th, 2014, 04:50 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

One feedback i have got is that it is a boring movie. Many go because watching an Aamir Khan movie makes you look 'intellectual'. probably this whole controversy was started by the producers themselves to get more publicity and audience.

Peace pai, do you plan to watch the movie??Want to know your review of the movie.
i know that my reaction would be opposite yours (You liked Chennai Exp, i hated it. you walked out of Matru ka Bijli, i liked it)
Old December 25th, 2014, 09:56 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Pasting an FB feedback (took permission from the friend)

For all the people opposing PK for some imaginary Hindu hatred, please stop embarrassing yourself. Your pettiness and thin skin is embarrassing Hinduism more than one stupid Bollywood movie. And for all the brave people who are watching and appreciating the movie just as a show of defiance to so-called right wing extremism, please grow up.
Ok, now that I am done with my gyaan, one word review of the movie. BORING. I am not sure when was the last time I fought sleep while watching a movie. There is an "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome about Aamir Khan's movies. People think they will be considered intellectuals and connoisseurs of great cinema just by appreciating anything Aamir does or says. Accept it, the movie was a total drag. And if you want to tell me Aamir is "different", I have news. That stupid melodramatic scene towards the end involving the embassy and all that crap, straight out of SRK school of art. The most hilarious part of the movie....Anushka Sharma trying hard to ape Angelina Jolie, if you know what I mean
Old December 25th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Pasting an FB feedback (took permission from the friend)

For all the people opposing PK for some imaginary Hindu hatred, please stop embarrassing yourself. Your pettiness and thin skin is embarrassing Hinduism more than one stupid Bollywood movie. And for all the brave people who are watching and appreciating the movie just as a show of defiance to so-called right wing extremism, please grow up.
Ok, now that I am done with my gyaan, one word review of the movie. BORING. I am not sure when was the last time I fought sleep while watching a movie. There is an "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome about Aamir Khan's movies. People think they will be considered intellectuals and connoisseurs of great cinema just by appreciating anything Aamir does or says. Accept it, the movie was a total drag. And if you want to tell me Aamir is "different", I have news. That stupid melodramatic scene towards the end involving the embassy and all that crap, straight out of SRK school of art. The most hilarious part of the movie....Anushka Sharma trying hard to ape Angelina Jolie, if you know what I mean

Why people are so rigid about a movie, complaining why this why not that or other . This movie in totality target everyone having with a symbolic central plot revolves around a con baba. As if they feel it can change whoever having different opinion or belief with some 3 hour art/story telling form. Its just a one of the movie may be having a different approach just like any other bollywood movie. Although a 3 hour movie cant cover issues of whole world still it cover as much it can,

1. May be u should suggest that friend to watch same amir's movie Sarfaorsh , even black friday or many movies catering to terrorism with misuse of religion. Even in this movie they include a terror act to show the face of fanatics.

2. For corrupt missionaries we have score of hollywood movies. Still whenever i hear this millions and millions i am wondering how these missionaries convert millions and millions of people still we have 2% christian population in india since last 60 years.

Central point of the movie revolves around how few misuse religion for further their cause . It directed towards all religion. Regarding the point of hindu criticism a majority of hindu did not find anything offensive in this movie . As a hindu i did not find anything wrong in the movie. Yes hindu religion itself encourages for philosophy like criticism , question and never blindly believe anything. Now if anyone dont want to watch a movie bcoz that hurt their sentiment then its their choice and it limited to a small percentage of people. lastly even in terms of statistics wise as per movie collection suppose total number of viewers were 50 lakh, proportion to population lets count 80% people saw the movie say 40 lakh are hindus . if a majority have no problem who care about few who call for boycott. Just like a Hollywood movie central plot revolves on christian same wise its central plot revolves around which cater to the large target viewers.After all we dont need a extra authority above censor board which we have already to monitor movie content. its not antihindu, albeit its anti blind faith anti fanatics and anti con babas.

Old December 26th, 2014, 05:25 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Peace pai, do you plan to watch the movie??Want to know your review of the movie.
i know that my reaction would be opposite yours (You liked Chennai Exp, i hated it. you walked out of Matru ka Bijli, i liked it)
No plan

I watched CE and MKBKM on big screen.

I am pretty sure I would have disliked CE on small screen.

Btw, I dont remember calling it a very good movie. It was an average watch (now that you asked me to recollect).
Old December 26th, 2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
Why people are so rigid about a movie, complaining why this why not that or other . This movie in totality target everyone having with a symbolic central plot revolves around a con baba. As if they feel it can change whoever having different opinion or belief with some 3 hour art/story telling form. Its just a one of the movie may be having a different approach just like any other bollywood movie. Although a 3 hour movie cant cover issues of whole world still it cover as much it can,

1. May be u should suggest that friend to watch same amir's movie Sarfaorsh , even black friday or many movies catering to terrorism with misuse of religion. Even in this movie they include a terror act to show the face of fanatics.

2. For corrupt missionaries we have score of hollywood movies. Still whenever i hear this millions and millions i am wondering how these missionaries convert millions and millions of people still we have 2% christian population in india since last 60 years.

Central point of the movie revolves around how few misuse religion for further their cause . It directed towards all religion. Regarding the point of hindu criticism a majority of hindu did not find anything offensive in this movie . As a hindu i did not find anything wrong in the movie. Yes hindu religion itself encourages for philosophy like criticism , question and never blindly believe anything. Now if anyone dont want to watch a movie bcoz that hurt their sentiment then its their choice and it limited to a small percentage of people. lastly even in terms of statistics wise as per movie collection suppose total number of viewers were 50 lakh, proportion to population lets count 80% people saw the movie say 40 lakh are hindus . if a majority have no problem who care about few who call for boycott. Just like a Hollywood movie central plot revolves on christian same wise its central plot revolves around which cater to the large target viewers.After all we dont need a extra authority above censor board which we have already to monitor movie content. its not antihindu, albeit its anti blind faith anti fanatics and anti con babas.

Jagguji, he is not rigid about the movie. Now what can he do if he feels sleepy during the movie. i have a feeling i will feel the same way. i will wait for it to come on youtube (may be 3 -4 years)
I loved Sarfarosh (which was also directed by one John Matthew Matthan). BTW, on a 'Jabbar Travels' bus, i saw a version of it, where they had deleted all the anti Pak scenes
Regarding Christian missionaries, partly agree with what you say. pasting the numbers from wiki

group Hindu Muslim Christian
1951% 85% 9.90% 2%
1961% 83.45% 10.69% 2.44%
1971% 82.73% 11.21% 2.60%
1981% 82.30% 11.75% 2.44%
1991% 81.53% 12.61% 2.32%
2001% 80.46% 13.43% 2.34%

The issue there is that some / quite a few of these missionaries do not limit themselves to Christianity. they also include criticism of Hinduism.
Old December 26th, 2014, 11:44 AM

From FB -->

Q - PK Dekhun??
A - Nahi, Dekh ke P
Old December 26th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From FB -->

Q - PK Dekhun??
A - Nahi, Dekh ke P
dekhte dekhte p .

Good one btw.
Old December 28th, 2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
No plan

I watched CE and MKBKM on big screen.

I am pretty sure I would have disliked CE on small screen.

Btw, I dont remember calling it a very good movie. It was an average watch (now that you asked me to recollect).
Pasting your review here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Watched it today.

It is time-pass movie. Above average.

Rahul (SRK) boards Chennai Express from Mumbai with a plan to get down at Kalyan and then travel to Goa with friends for fun.
But madrasi madam Nelamma (Deepika) comes in between and the story takes them to Tamil-land where her father is a big-shot bhai types and wants her to get married to Thangballi.

A sequence of escapades and running-into-each-other happens finally culminating into and-they-lived-happily-ever-after.

Its a movie by Rohit Shetty who has a series of blockbusters under his belt including Golmaal series, Singham & Bol Bachchan.

SRK has acted funny in a nice way. I dont like him as such.

Deepika has also done well. South Indian culture etc is portrayed nicely.

Many Tamil dialogues are there without any subtitles but it does not matter much.

The movie ends with a song to the credit of Thalaivar (Rajni).

Had i watched CE on big screen, i would have got pained even more for blowing up cash which would otherwise be well spent on a 6 pack of Bud. Also, the last Hakla movie i saw in Theatre was 'Swades'

Reminds me - when i was in Londonistan, i would use this logic. A movie costs 7 pounds. WIth the same amount, i could down 5-7 pints* of Carlsberg in a shady club like place and also see a good amount of SOng, dance and romance besides action once in a while (like after Arsenal upset Man U, their fans got into a fight)

*A Pint in England is 20 Oz, not 16 Oz like in US
Old January 1st, 2015, 03:16 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Watched PK today. Found the movie online at Daily motion.

I liked the first half. There were a few scenes and dialogues when I laughed out loud. The movie is a dig on religions. While the emphasis is on Hinduism, they tried to insert scenes to demonstrate lack of any biases. I think it's only fair that emphasis is given to Hindus since the target audience are Hindus.

The story goes like this. Amir khan is an alien stranded in Rajasthan. His 'remote control' to return to his spaceship is stolen and ends up in the hands of a godman called Tapasvi. There are some twists in the story. There is a half assed romance between AK and Anushka. She is good looking but I'd like to see less clothes on her.

Old January 1st, 2015, 09:38 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen this one yet..

After seeing the first 30 minutes or so of Dhoom 3, I just can't waste time on Aamir Khan anymore.. I am an ordinary non-intellectual common man ... and so I will stand in line to get tickets to Sallu Bhai's movies!!

Gaand Maraye Duniya... Hum Bajaye Harmonia
Old January 2nd, 2015, 06:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it yesterday. It was a good movie. There were a couple of scenes in the movie which would make you laugh out loud.

I dont understand what people are protesting about. The movie just shows how flawed some fake babas are and how stupid people can get when they are gripped with fear. Its not just about hindus, it also criticizes Christianity and Islam (not the religion but the so-called religious gurus).
Old January 2nd, 2015, 06:57 AM

Update from UP CM..

“People had been telling me for many days to watch ‘PK’. I downloaded it a few days ago, but only found the time to watch it last night. I liked it immediately and decided to make it tax-free so that more people can watch it,” Yadav had said while declaring the film as tax free during a press conference on Wednesday. - See more

And the reaction -

Founder of TAHRIR (Transparency, Accountability and Human Rights Initiative for Revolution) Sanjay Sharma has moved an application with the Hazratganj Police today requesting it to lodge an FIR under Section 154 of the CrPC against Yadav for the offence of downloading the film from a website and watching a pirated copy of the film.