eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
PK - movie review

I'd like to watch this movie in the near future. I'm creating this placeholder thread to post my review about the movie.

PK is a movie starring Amir Khan. It is made by someone.. the name eludes me right now .. but it's the same guy that made 3 idiots and Munnabhai MBBS.

Bookmark this page. Will post review soon.

Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:50 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PK - movie review

what do you think about the controversy regarding this movie? twitter is trending #WeSupportPK and #BoycottPK ..

FIR filed against makers of PK

Quote:
After the much awaited PK hit the silver screen, it was a rejoicing moment for all the fans to get a glimpse of the new avatar of Aamir Khan. However, soon the film got trapped into the web of religious controversies and was accused of offending various faiths and religions.

The film was being flaked for the portrayal of 'God' in a different manner which did not go down well with many followers of the religion. And now, we hear that an FIR has been lodged against director Rajkumar Hirani, producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Siddharth Roy Kapur, and actor Aamir Khan for portraying Lord 'Shiva' in bad light by Prashant Patel, Secretary of Hindu Legal Cell. Also, they have been alleged of making comments on rituals of Hindu Dharma, and the dialogue 'Jo darta vo hi mandira jaata hai' has been specifically mentioned in the complaint.

The FIR against the film is booked under section 153A, 295A of Indian Penal Code to prevent any communal disturbances in the country. Starring Anushka Sharma, Sanjay Dutt, Sushant Singh Rajput, PK released on December 19.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a great progress. You put a placeholder after the movie is released
Anyways, The Press is going gaga about it. There was a plan to see it last weekend but it did not work. Swamiji or Jagguji, who are normally on top of Bollywood would be able to comment.

I am actually put off by the version of Anushka Sharma i see in the posters.

The director of Munnabhai and 3idiots is Rajkumar Hirani. remember him in the fevicol ad and the opening song of 'Dil to Pagal hai'
Old December 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I'm going on a vacation to Punta Cana tomorrow and will be gone for the rest of the year. I'll post my review in Jan 2015. I will have limited access to ec while I'm there.

I just learned that the resort has wifi, so I should have as much as access to ec as I so choose.

Old December 22nd, 2014, 02:13 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

What about the party? Cancelled?
Old December 22nd, 2014, 04:39 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
What about the party? Cancelled?
Party was over the weekend. Khatam ho gaya.

Old December 23rd, 2014, 03:47 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what do you think about the controversy regarding this movie? twitter is trending #WeSupportPK and #BoycottPK ..

FIR filed against makers of PK

The relation of 'Fear' with worship is also in 3 Idiots. Else this one, apparently is like OMG with Shiva instead of Krishna. Now, there is no harm taking some liberties with Divine figures as long as respect is maintained, but nowadays sensitivities have hardened everywhere. Example - In "Entertainment", Johnny Lever's character was changed from Abdullah to Habibullah because it is mispronounced by many. So, loosen up everywhere.
Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:19 AM

I would for once want to see what liberal amir khan has to say about rop fear .. And their barbaric traditions.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 23rd, 2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM

read this on FB

Conversation with a friend:
Friend: PK is a mast movie yaar. Must watch.
Me: What is it about? I heard it makes fun of religions.
Friend: It is actually full of comedy but yeah it show how religions are fraud and how religious heads cheat people, take them for granted.
Me: Good. We must expose religious fallacies and promote science.
Friend: Such great acting dude. I want to watch again.
Me: Nice. Which religions did they expose in the movie? Did they show how Quran is being misinterpreted by millions around the world to justify terrorism in the name of Jihad?
Friend: No
Me: Ok. Did they show how Christian missionaries are converting millions of Indians forcefully or through freebies and take them for granted?
Friend: No.
Me: Means, the movie "exposed" only Hinduism, mocked at Idol Worshipers and portrayed like as if all Hindus are fools?
Friend: hmmm. Not really, but yeah. Now that I think of it, I wonder why the entire movie was just against Hinduism and no other religion.
Me: So, what do you think the movie is really? Can you take a deep breath, think and tell in 1 line?
Friend: It is a hilarious Anti-Hindu movie with great acting.
Me: Thanks for your review.
Old December 24th, 2014, 02:29 AM

wdone94 is on a distinguished road

i saw that movie yesterday, it is good movie.
Old December 24th, 2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
read this on FB

Conversation with a friend:
Friend: PK is a mast movie yaar. Must watch.
Me: What is it about? I heard it makes fun of religions.
Friend: It is actually full of comedy but yeah it show how religions are fraud and how religious heads cheat people, take them for granted.
Me: Good. We must expose religious fallacies and promote science.
Friend: Such great acting dude. I want to watch again.
Me: Nice. Which religions did they expose in the movie? Did they show how Quran is being misinterpreted by millions around the world to justify terrorism in the name of Jihad?
Friend: No
Me: Ok. Did they show how Christian missionaries are converting millions of Indians forcefully or through freebies and take them for granted?
Friend: No.
Me: Means, the movie "exposed" only Hinduism, mocked at Idol Worshipers and portrayed like as if all Hindus are fools?
Friend: hmmm. Not really, but yeah. Now that I think of it, I wonder why the entire movie was just against Hinduism and no other religion.
Me: So, what do you think the movie is really? Can you take a deep breath, think and tell in 1 line?
Friend: It is a hilarious Anti-Hindu movie with great acting.
Me: Thanks for your review.
All this is actually making me curious to go and actually watch it despite the hideous get up i see in the posters.

Anyways, Some tweets are saying why no one complained about OMG which has Paresh Rawal (now a BJP MP) with a similar theme. Now, OMG mid way adds all the religions and Dharm ke Thekedars of all the religions are shown in the court case (or at least Christians and Muslims).
Old December 24th, 2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
All this is actually making me curious to go and actually watch it despite the hideous get up i see in the posters.

Anyways, Some tweets are saying why no one complained about OMG which has Paresh Rawal (now a BJP MP) with a similar theme. Now, OMG mid way adds all the religions and Dharm ke Thekedars of all the religions are shown in the court case (or at least Christians and Muslims).
OMG was balanced and they had toned down the drama/play which was adapted from some aussie movie.. The man who sued God.. Some such name.

PK i hear is a concerted effort at criticizing and mocking Hindu rituals. Of course coming from a muslim actor its viewed differently. I stopped watching his sob story show after it became clear he never shows anything wrong with Muslim traditions and practices.
Old December 24th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I would say go and watch the movie,its not anti-hindu its about false babas and their suggested rituals.
And who said there is no criticism about other religions ? watch the movie and dont just decide by few comments on social medias
Old December 24th, 2014, 06:05 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

sickularism in India - be it politics or movies - means that the sentiments of one certain "minority" should not be hurt. reasons are many.
Old December 24th, 2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
sickularism in India - be it politics or movies - means that the sentiments of one certain "minority" should not be hurt. reasons are many.
It is one minority more than others. But every faith has a share. There was controversy when Harbhajan Singh appeared without his turban for a seagrams ad. There was actually a blast in a movie hall showing the cult classic style 'Jo Bole So Nihal'.

There was also a ban on 'Da Vinci Code' release, but that was upturned by the Supreme Court. There were some protests in Prasads in Hyd when this movie was showing. Interestingly, it was released all over the west.