eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 10th, 2017, 08:07 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Netflix movies worth watching

33 years back, Sunny Deol started his career trying to be a romantic hero.
Sohni Mahiwal was one such a movie.
It is a long romantic tragedy so not my type. But just scrolled through it and found the context and production more interesting.

The movie was an Indo Soviet collaboration. Soviet actors (mostly from Cenral asia) play Desi roles and actually looked Desi. One exception is actor who plays Mahiwal's father looks like a Mongol.

Many actors from former USSR have just vanished into anonymity. No details in google or imdb too. Includes that lady who was in Mera Naam Jokerr.

It came in those troubled times for Punjab (right between Bluestar and November riots). We saw it in NCR, but not sure how the reception in Punjab was.

It is also on Netflix now.
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:26 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
you are one of the very few i know who looks for songs!
I saw Moana. Brilliantly made.
There are many movies where i found songs the only wtchable part of the movie.
Prime example was 'Dil to pagal hai'. I hate hakla romantic movies but in this case i loved a couple of songs 'Le Gayi Le Gayi'. Asha Bhonsle plus first time Shiamak Davar choreographed for a movie. Plus ' Are re are re' which comes somewhere in the middle.

Now, i started Sohni Mahiwal also with the same intent. Long tragic movie, but wanted to catch a couple of songs.
Sohni Chenab de kinare.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Ek pardesi awara
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Found that this is more bearable than i expected, so mught actually finish it.

Now, i checked out other movies by the director umesh mehra and found a Mithun Da Madhuri Dixit starrer 'Mujrim'

Remembered one song from there which had a lot of collegemates drooling over angry looking Madhuri Dixit in this one.

I AGREE
Old September 10th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
33 years back, Sunny Deol started his career trying to be a romantic hero.
Sohni Mahiwal was one such a movie.
It is a long romantic tragedy so not my type. But just scrolled through it and found the context and production more interesting.

The movie was an Indo Soviet collaboration. Soviet actors (mostly from Cenral asia) play Desi roles and actually looked Desi. One exception is actor who plays Mahiwal's father looks like a Mongol.

Many actors from former USSR have just vanished into anonymity. No details in google or imdb too. Includes that lady who was in Mera Naam Jokerr.

It came in those troubled times for Punjab (right between Bluestar and November riots). We saw it in NCR, but not sure how the reception in Punjab was.

It is also on Netflix now.
Yaah, I remember,.. 33 yrs ago, .... he had starred with Dimple ( it was a come back after 20+ yrs ) i " Manzil Manzil " and my all eyes were on our Gujju ben Dimpu,.. and had not even cared to know who da hell was that shitt as a hero in that film,.... I only noticed him, while watching Ghayal,..
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:17 PM

Ali - biopic on Mohammed Ali (Who Sane pai wishes remained Cassius clay)
Watched the first 5 minutes- all about segregation and Malcolm x and looks very promising. On my watching list

Old September 13th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the movie The Intern. I LOVED it. Anne Hathaway was as amazing as always and Robert De Niro played the role to perfection.

Story starts with Robert joining Hathaway's small but fast paced company. It revolves around long hours, personal issues, an extra marital affair and all the while making you chuckle at one comment or another.

I kep laughing all through the movie. Extremely witty and highly recommended.
Old September 13th, 2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I watched the movie The Intern. I LOVED it. Anne Hathaway was as amazing as always and Robert De Niro played the role to perfection.

Story starts with Robert joining Hathaway's small but fast paced company. It revolves around long hours, personal issues, an extra marital affair and all the while making you chuckle at one comment or another.

I actually thought sometime back of starting a thread on sense of humor. Let me ask here. Did you find 'Devil wears Prada' also funny? I saw it on a flight (my first visit to Umrika). Found it interesting, but only after I checked wiki a couple of weeks later. I found that it was supposed to be a comedy!!
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I actually thought sometime back of starting a thread on sense of humor. Let me ask here. Did you find 'Devil wears Prada' also funny? I saw it on a flight (my first visit to Umrika). Found it interesting, but only after I checked wiki a couple of weeks later. I found that it was supposed to be a comedy!!
ah, its been a while since i saw Devil Wears Prada and i dont quite remember the humor of it. From what I remember, it was a high stress environment and the assistant keeps running around until she cant take it anymore.
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I thought it rambles on many times. Could have made a faster movie or put a but more into it.
Old September 14th, 2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
ah, its been a while since i saw Devil Wears Prada and i dont quite remember the humor of it. From what I remember, it was a high stress environment and the assistant keeps running around until she cant take it anymore.
I also do not remember any humor in that.
Just wanted to check you too found that a comedy like the Wikipedia editor who thought it was. Had you found Prada a comedy, I would have ditched the idea of laughing during intern.

Anyway, will check 'intern' after I am done with'Masti' a few documentaries, Ali and Bahubali (they rhyme)

BTW there was another movie called intern on Netflix. I found it while searching for Paulina Poruzkova.

20 minutes into the movie and there was no sign of Paulina. So gav up and the movie also seems off Netflix

Couple of pix of Paulina

80s

Now

Old September 17th, 2017, 03:58 PM

I got a suggestion of a Punjabi Movie 'Chadi Jawaani Budhe Nu'. It is a 1975 movie. Wasnt quite interested, so did what i usually do. Started it and set off to do other things. The starting looked like a typical low budget regional movie. 1 hour into it and the movie became interesting and i started watching it.

It is about an old man with a grown up daughter and son who moves to his girlfriends house intending to divorce his wife and marry the girlfriend. The interesting part is that his son and daughter also land up there and chat up with the girlfriend and later on the wife also moves in and actually befriends the 'other woman'. Sounded quite off beat for a 1975 movie.

The ending is actually handled far better than in Masti.

I actually payed it again to catch up the 1 hour which i was just glancing.

Now, 1 hour and 45 minutes into the movie (when about 29 minutes are left), there is a gues appearance by Katy Mirza wearing a blouse which amply displayes her assets. Thats what made me google for her and i discovered that she dies earlier this year.

But all said and done this a low budget movie which is filmed like TV serials are nowadays. Not sure how many may like it.
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:

It is actually not there to b Netflix. Are there movies unavailable in US but available in Canada??
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

^^ Netflix, I had talked to earlier,.... you can login to your account from any country and from any region,.. and watch it.

BUT, they have different Menu in each region,
let say,.. Indian Netflix is trimmed more of Indian movies and perhaps very less to none US series and Movies and such,.. So, Canada can have a totally different Menu...

btw, that einthusan has revised their site,.. https://www.google.com/search?q=eint...=1920&bih=1071

n' also has many new movies, somehow my browser restricts and will have to wait, ( my old browsers do not play well ) till I buy new CPU on this black Friday's sales,...

Old September 21st, 2017, 12:14 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
^^ Netflix, I had talked to earlier,.... you can login to your account from any country and from any region,.. and watch it.

BUT, they have different Menu in each region,
let say,.. Indian Netflix is trimmed more of Indian movies and perhaps very less to none US series and Movies and such,.. So, Canada can have a totally different Menu...

btw, that einthusan has revised their site,.. https://www.google.com/search?q=eint...=1920&bih=1071

n' also has many new movies, somehow my browser restricts and will have to wait, ( my old browsers do not play well ) till I buy new CPU on this black Friday's sales,...

2 questions ..

1. Can I view India content on my Netflix sitting here in USA?
2. What is einthusan? Paid site for movies, or does it work with streaming devices? Got an app or anything? I can't access it from my workplace, so I'm thinking it must be shady.
Old September 21st, 2017, 12:53 PM
Banned

• 1. No.
  • 2. Einthusan is a very famous, well-reputed and famous web for free movies, 10Ks of desi have used and enjoyed free movies on net, for years ,..we had it mentioned many times on below thread,.. I have seen 10s of movies, now they have changed the format and page,… it’s free ,…( unless wanna watch Bluray, pay nominal fee once for life…. say 25 bucks for life membership ) NO ads or viruses either,.. My PC is of WinXP, so have browser limitations and hence, have not experienced their new format,..( they moved to diff. location and format ) but they have Punjabi and southie movies too,…

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29664

Desis consider it as reliable,… https://einthusan.tv/intro/

- You need to wait til DVD is out,.... they do not put VHS qlty or theater's camcorder copies,.. for new movies,...

Last edited by log1iszero; September 21st, 2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old September 21st, 2017, 01:01 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
[list]
  • 2. Einthusan is a very famous, well-reputed and famous web for free movies, 10Ks of desi have used and enjoyed free movies on net, for years ,..we had it mentioned many times on below thread,.. I have seen 10s of movies, now they have changed the format and page,… it’s free ,…( unless wanna watch Bluray, pay nominal fee once for life…. say 25 bucks for life membership ) NO ads or viruses either,.. My PC is of WinXP, so have browser limitations and hence, have not experienced their new format,..( they moved to diff. location and format ) but they have Punjabi and southie movies too,…

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29664

Desis consider it as reliable,… https://einthusan.tv/intro/

- You need to wait til DVD is out,.... they do not put VHS qlty or theater's camcorder copies,.. for new movies,...

cool.. will try it out.

Thank you,
Shakti