eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old July 13th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question What are your experiences and learning from working with low IQ or incompetent people?

What are your experiences and learning from working with low IQ or incompetent people?

Let us say, you are in the software development or a related field. Now in a typical development situation you have developers, quality assurance (QA) and ITOPs or DEVOPS. This sort of completes the part of the typical development to release lifecycle of the entire software development life cycle.

Now I am sure, you have experienced working with some really incompetent and/or low IQ people in your own team or a relevant team to your team. Maybe you are the developer and your QA person is low IQ or vice versa.

And do note: You are in no way able to or allowed to replace the low IQ link in your environment. You have to deal with what you have. And yet, perform.

What have been your experiences? What have you learnt?
(Old topic? Maybe, but still relevant today.)
Old July 13th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your experiences and learning from working with low IQ or incompetent people?

I try to determine if the person is low IQ or incompetent. Yes there is a difference. Often times low IQ people are willing to work hard and learn things to improve their output; whereas incompetent people are just happy to roll in shit like a pig and remain happy.

So if its a low IQ person, I will gently hint and suggest certain things which makes them think and learn and then apply it. For incompetent people, I do not waste my breath or time. I just enjoy such idiots speed down to a train wreck

After so many years in the profession, I am just not into being too nice or too helpful with idiots.
Old July 13th, 2018, 06:19 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your experiences and learning from working with low IQ or incompetent people?

Q- What are your experiences and learning from working with low IQ or incompetent people?
A- Respect them. They will rise faster and become your boss one day.
Old July 14th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Q- What are your experiences and learning from working with low IQ or incompetent people?
A- Respect them. They will rise faster and become your boss one day.
Only in India... .thanks to reservations...

Here, such idiots rarely go to the top.
Old July 14th, 2018, 04:57 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Only in India... .thanks to reservations...

Here, such idiots rarely go to the top.

Not to the top but still high enough to have a nuisance value. Like this example from other post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
And yes.. two maha chutiya desis were in charge at the company for this project... Fuck.. Honestly, I am sorry if I hurt anyone here, but I cannot work with gultis.
Old July 14th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Working with such assholes is good for our ego.

The biggest learning point would be to face failures without fear and still carry onto the next one.
Old July 14th, 2018, 09:07 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

There is one bugger right now in my team.. he has 12 years of genuine work experience but can’t function anymore than a rookie.. Americans don’t do even half of what he does, so we have to deal with his shit.
Old July 14th, 2018, 09:16 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

One prod support guy wouldn’t admit he doesn’t get it when you discuss solutions with him.. so keeps at it and makes matters worse. Eventually I get screwed and once had to work 3 days (45 hrs) to bring things back to normal. Now when he calls, I tell him to take a break and I resolve Prod issues right then.. better to spend 2 hrs than a whole week.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; July 15th, 2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old July 15th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

I had two ladies in my team who were recruited because they said they will "work hard".
They had no clue about technology or the domain.
I had to do most of their work. Their competency was revealed to all by themselves. They were later terminated. Afterwards , I put a condition that if someone is going to work in my team, then I will be part of interview panel. My manager gladly accepted that and I didn't have to face this issue again.
Old July 15th, 2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I had two ladies in my team who were recruited because they said they will "work hard".
They had no clue about technology or the domain.
I had to do most of their work. Their competency was revealed to all by themselves. They were later terminated. Afterwards , I put a condition that if someone is going to work in my team, then I will be part of interview panel. My manager gladly accepted that and I didn't have to face this issue again.

Don't tell me they were Gults whose husbands pushed them
Old July 15th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Don't tell me they were Gults whose husbands pushed them
One of them was gult and the other one was from Pakistan.

Don't know if their husbands pushed them.
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Never had a problem. My IQ through out college was a solid 4.0!
Old July 18th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
Never had a problem. My IQ through out college was a solid 4.0!
but you must have met some 'special' IQ folks ....