eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 6th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
On Things, "This and That"

I am opening a thread to talk to “this and that”…mainly comprising of my random observations. It’s a safe place to ramble I suppose. Feel free to share your ramblings here.

On Dating Single dads/Moms:

Some of my single girlfriends ask me if its ‘safe’ to date a single parent. 5 years ago, I would have said nope, don’t do that. It’s too much work with kids, you are always going to be second priority, what fun can you possibly have with a toddler and they fall sick all the time and jump in your bed just when you are starting to doze off.
Then I met Frank (pseudo name). He works in a different department. Not a head-turner but good company to have lunch with. He is in mid-40’s, doing some junior job and very happy where he is and he has no grand intentions of making it big. He has a 5 year old and he is a single dad. He would tell me, no, let me rephrase, he would instruct me about certain books I ‘should’ read. He would go on and on about a book with so much excitement that I would often forget to comprehend what he is saying…I would just be awestruck with his excitement. What’s attractive about him is the dad in him. He would ‘tell’ me I should drink more coconut water as its high in natural electrolytes.
Couple of years later, I would find a show or two based on the books he suggested. I would watch those shows and then I would look forward to more shows and more books from the list he suggested.

Would I have missed out on life if I handt met him? perhaps not. But boy would I have missed out out laughing out loud at certain lines from a book

So, now, when my girlfriends ask me if its safe to date a single dad, I tell them. Yes, as long as you don’t expect a bed of roses, I think you will find a mate.
Old April 6th, 2018, 08:43 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On Things, "This and That"

You could tell them it may be OK to date a married dad too
Old April 6th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
You could tell them it may be OK to date a married dad too
Now that would be a scandal
Old April 6th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Oh the bell sleeves and the golden meals…

The “in” thing right now, if you are not aware are the bell sleeved everything. Back in the days, women wore blouses that had bells/frill, bell pants etc. Now the trend started off again. We were getting late for a playdate. I think we called for a playdate more for us grownups than the kids. My 6 year old insisted she is “very” hungry suddenly and wants to eat before we leave. I give her idly and a bowl of sambar that is golden is color (but of course eh). She was eating spoonful’s and shaking her head as she was explaining about why its important to have late bedtime routines. She was shaking her head so hard that I anxiously started watching if the beads on her hair would fall into the sambar she is eating.

And then my carefully planned look of bell sleeves and golden heels took a backseat while I watched her with amusement. It occurred to me (like Vonnegut would put) then that
all along I had been trying build a life that made sense from the things that I found in gift shops.
Old April 6th, 2018, 09:53 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
It occurred to me then that all along I had been trying build a life that made sense from the things that I found in gift shops.
Pretty philosophical. A lot of people are regular believers in the advertised things. Ultimately all of us succumb to it in some instance or the other, but some are affected more regularly.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 6th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Pretty philosophical. Ultimately all of us succumb to it in some instance or the other,
Me: Raniraja, can I pick your brain?
RR: Moorkh! you stick to biryani's and halwa's.
Me: I promise, I wont keep it long...wailing
RR: Are you going to return it in good shape?
Me: Yes yes. You will find it in better shape.
RR. The Siren's of Titan. Go feast.
Old April 11th, 2018, 10:35 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Now that would be a scandal
There is the example of forgiving Hillary Clinton for spouses to follow
Old April 11th, 2018, 11:39 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is the example of forgiving Hillary Clinton for spouses to follow
Hillary is the role-model wife for cheating husbands.
Old April 18th, 2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Hillary is the role-model wife for cheating husbands.
Someone allegedly went beyond Hillary-

Here’s another casting couch allegation. Social activist Sandhya has accused Jeevitha Rajasekhar of supplying girls to her husband, actor Rajasekhar. In a TV show, she alleged that Jeevitha traps poor and rural girls and offered them the lure of money so that they sleep with Rajasekhar. She claimed she herself handled two such cases of hostel girls being lured to sleep with the actor. She also pooh-poohed Jeevitha’s claim that there is no casting couch in the film industry. link

However, the lady in question has strongly rejected these allegations.
Old April 12th, 2018, 10:33 AM

Orissa Connections to Nehru family -

Nehru is taken ill during his stay at Bhubaneswar in May 1964. Later he dies in New Delhi.
Mrs Gandhi addresses a rally at Bhubaneswar on October 30, 1984. The next day in Delhi she is sprayed with bullets.
Rajiv campaigns at Gunpurin Orissa on May 21. Eight hours later he is dead.

Has Pappu visited Orissa yet?
Old April 12th, 2018, 12:35 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Orissa Connections to Nehru family -

Nehru is taken ill during his stay at Bhubaneswar in May 1964. Later he dies in New Delhi.
Mrs Gandhi addresses a rally at Bhubaneswar on October 30, 1984. The next day in Delhi she is sprayed with bullets.
Rajiv campaigns at Gunpurin Orissa on May 21. Eight hours later he is dead.

Has Pappu visited Orissa yet?
Prolly BJP knows about this.. keeping their precious gem out of Odisha. btw, it's not Orrisa anymore, it's Odisha. Apparently, it was wrong from the very beginning.
Old April 12th, 2018, 12:00 PM

Another random observation- in Bollywood movies, if a male and female character want to express love, there is ‘gaana’. In Hollywood movies, for the same thing, there is ‘Bajaana’

Last edited by sgars; April 12th, 2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: live—> love