eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 8th, 2016, 03:19 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Udta Punjab controversy

The controversy in my words

The movie is named Udta Punjab---meaning ' Punjab ( Indian state ) on a ( drug fuelled ) high ' . It claims that the Indian state of Punjab is one of most drug addicted areas in the world .

If the movie is released , then the ruling government in Punjab is sure to lose the next elections---as the movie blames the ruling political establishment for being neglectful towards the drug problem in Punjab .

The movie has been temporarily banned . The censor board is asking that several cuts be made in the movie . The movie makers are saying that the cuts are being demanded under political pressure .

The censor board has another story to tell . It says that movie brands the entire state of Punjab as being full of drug addicts and thus brands the entire punjabi community as drug addict . Also too many cuss words are used . Also dialogues like ' entire punjabi land is barren it's sons are impotent ' etc have been used .

So the controversy stands....

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/6dq...nace-in-P.html
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:36 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Udta Punjab controversy

Don't want to go back to drugs: Anurag Kashyap

Having been in the ugly world of drugs and done all that in college, director Anurag Kashyap says he does not want to revisit those days ever again.

Last updated: 16 June, 2011

The 38-year-old filmmaker who rose to prominence with his controversial award-winning film, 'Black Friday', has said that although the drug culture is very much part of the film industry, he has no intention to be part of it again.
"I have been there and done that. I have come out of it. I did it for various reasons. Many in the industry do drugs but sooner or later everyone realises it. I have survived and I don't want to go back," Kashyap told PTI.

The director, who recently got married to his girlfriend of three years, Kalki Koechlin in a low-key ceremony in Ooty said that both of them wanted a simple, quite wedding.

"We invited only 25 people, just family and very close friends. We did it for ourselves and so didn't want to involve a lot of people. We were together for three years. We were as good as married so the next step for us was to get married," he said.

Kashyap was also all praise for his wife but said that initially Koechlin didn't care at all for him.

"Kalki is beautiful in a different way. She is intelligent. What I liked most about her was that she didn't give me any importance," he said.

Kashyap, whose latest production 'Shaitan', is out in the theatres said that he had no creative say in the film and it is the director, Bijoy Nambiar's baby.

"'Shaitan is Bijoy's baby. I am just the financier. I decided to produce the movie only for Bijoy and not Kalki. I knew Bijoy is a great filmmaker," he said.

The 'Dev D' director also voiced his full support for Nambiar who has been charged for cheating and forgery, saying that a person like him can't commit a crime.

"Bijoy is incapable of doing anything like that.I know him and his family very well and I can vouch for it. I know that he will come out clean," he said.

The director who has also made his presence felt on the silver screen in films like 'Black Friday', 'Luck by Chance' and very recently in 'I Am', has said that he is forced to act in films.

"I have been a theatre actor and I do act once in a while in films. But acting is not a full time job for me and I don't like it. I am blackmailed to act in films by my friends," he added.

Link
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:37 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

This movie has been planned by AAP to time with elections in Punjab. I'm not saying this .. the censor board chief says Kashyap has taken money from AAP to make this film.
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
This movie has been planned by AAP to time with elections in Punjab. I'm not saying this .. the censor board chief says Kashyap has taken money from AAP to make this film.
I won't be surprised if that is true.
Old June 8th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

But I think censor board is playing puppet at the hands of BJP. Drug abuse is a serious problem in Punjab. By sliding the problem under the carpet, BJP and Akali think they can fool people, again.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old June 8th, 2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8_Hindustani View Post
But I think censor board is playing puppet at the hands of BJP. Drug abuse is a serious problem in Punjab. By sliding the problem under the carpet, BJP and Akali think they can fool people, again.
And what will AAP do? After a year if they form govt, they will advertise in Orrisa newspapers about how they have formed govt and people think problem of drugs is being eradicated.
Old June 9th, 2016, 03:37 AM

Main saari daaru pi jaunga.. So that my friends nobody get to face this menace.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 9th, 2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old June 9th, 2016, 06:28 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I won't be surprised if that is true.
Agree

Quote:
Agree here too. Censor board would normally side with the ruling party. Any one remember Aandhi was banned and 'Kissa Kursi Ka' was banned and almost destroyed.
But Censor board is actually helping AAP by this move.
Old June 9th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And what will AAP do? After a year if they form govt, they will advertise in Orrisa newspapers about how they have formed govt and people think problem of drugs is being eradicated.
What AAP will do, it's their prerogative. Akali Dal/BJP screwed up big time in Punjab. I suggest that you visit Punjab and see for yourself. Its high time BJP should take the moral high ground and take the responsibility.

Old June 9th, 2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
What AAP will do, it's their prerogative. Akali Dal/BJP screwed up big time in Punjab. I suggest that you visit Punjab and see for yourself. Its high time BJP should take the moral high ground and take the responsibility.
Have you visited or just social media visits? It is my state, i know very well. If mofo congress supports separatists then industry will vanish.. Which is what happened. And now AAP is doing the same. Punjab will cry tears of blood if they elect haramjaade AAP. No industry, only dugs and no peace.

At least bjp akali is a social alliance, and actually not doing all bad as media would have you believe.. If AAP or Congress come then it will be tough time for Hindus.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 9th, 2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old June 10th, 2016, 07:24 AM

As I said .. it's out now, AAP sponsored the movie. They don't realize they are inordinately defaming the state of Punjab.

Old June 10th, 2016, 07:55 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As I said .. it's out now, AAP sponsored the movie. They don't realize they are inordinately defaming the state of Punjab.
Of course. They actually timed it very well They have accounted for all the censor board blockages and the publicity they would get thanks to it. And while i would agree with you, they would have an alibi "Highlighting a Problem" is not defaming. Like most ofl the art movies actually defame India.

The ruling alliance could have cut down on losses by just allowing the movie and everybody would have forgotten about it after 2 months. But in this age, some one would have protested and it may have got publicity anyway.

Dangerous game of AAP is it may end up playing to the Khalistan lobby. It was gone after 94, but thanks to internet and SM is again making noises.

Disclaimer- my 2 cents from halfway round the world. No first hand or second hand experience.
Old June 10th, 2016, 09:00 AM

My elders tell me Punjab always had drugs menace in Universities from the 60s. Being a border state drugs infiltrate from our semi-porous borders.. same for Gujarat and especially Rajasthan.

Defaming the whole state for a few votes, a very dangerous trend.. I'll make a movie named Andha Pradesh for AP, Ulta Pradesh before UP elections, Waste Bengal ..
Old June 10th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Have you visited or just social media visits? It is my state, i know very well. If mofo congress supports separatists then industry will vanish.. Which is what happened. And now AAP is doing the same. Punjab will cry tears of blood if they elect haramjaade AAP. No industry, only dugs and no peace.

At least bjp akali is a social alliance, and actually not doing all bad as media would have you believe.. If AAP or Congress come then it will be tough time for Hindus.
If this is all media and hype then why worry about a movie? If people of Punjab are happy with Akalis and BJP then why worry about a movie?

I did not get the information from social media, it is from people who have been to Punjab and have close relatives living in Punjab.

Old June 10th, 2016, 10:32 AM

Full page ad by delhi govt for Punjab elections..