eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Friday Special

Notices

Friday Special Tickle your funny bone...

Old October 17th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Who's online image

I see a lot of us seem to be interested in what the others are doing...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless

Last edited by Sane Less; January 31st, 2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who's online image

Made me wonder... could curiosity in what the other guy is doing be the cause of civilization to be where it is today?

What if no one is interested in what the other guy is doing? Would be still be where we are? Won't we still be running around naked plucking fruits of the trees? Oh, how wonderful that would have been I definitely would love to see some of today's people run around naked plucking fruits of trees... wow, what a sight... but... but... but that would be the cause of civilization... and I would be right where I am today

just random thoughts on seeing who's online...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Notice goel4love, in the previous image and in this one... He/she just registered and now a few minutes later searching for BigG Could it be BigG himself or somebody after his Big G

Last edited by Sane Less; January 31st, 2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old October 17th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to look at all new users who registered after 10/01/2005 and check those who have not replied to even one post and delete them!!
Old October 17th, 2005, 04:54 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I am going to look at all new users who registered after 10/01/2005 and check those who have not replied to even one post and delete them!!
did u say before
Old October 17th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks
did u say before
I man that many new users just registered for sake of the Tarannum Khan thread. And many have registered to just check out Laal Mirchi forum and they do check it regularly; yet without contributing in any way to the site.

Hence, I thought I will look for such users and weed them out. We dont need users who are consistently here for just taking the contributions of our regular members and not returning anything.
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

Another thing regarding guests.....lot of ppl don't sign in due to the fact that 'who's online' thread shows exactly what that person is doing....is there no way of giving the user a choice whether or not to show their activity on forum? Perhaps that would encourage more people to start signing in and hence start writing in too? Perhaps deactivate this evil like it was discussed in another thread
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawizard
Another thing regarding guests.....lot of ppl don't sign in due to the fact that 'who's online' thread shows exactly what that person is doing....is there no way of giving the user a choice whether or not to show their activity on forum? Perhaps that would encourage more people to start signing in and hence start writing in too? Perhaps deactivate this evil like it was discussed in another thread
Infact many folks who run boards had asked for this feature on vBulletin forums and hence its implemented. I dont know why people are afraid to let others know what they are doing here. They readily give up their IP address to be recorded here, but are afraid of letting others see them viewing what they are viewing??
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

This thread is going entirely the wrong way than what I had started it for

Is curiosity the father of civilization? If yes, then you guys/gals against who's online's public access are wrong It should be public so that we all know what the other is doing. In fact, it is one way that I get to read some interesting old threads

If no, then we need to discuss

Old October 18th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

charchu the reason I am saying so which some members might be afraid to speak up abt is that everyone has their online image, seeing who's doing what adds to this mental picture of each person like db gangsta, tantu the sadhu and something for everyone!! samajh rahe ho main kya keh raha hoon? Anyways just a thought
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:55 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough

yes, i too think that this feature is unduly intrusive. the ip address is one thing. it does not go to the public domain but to let everyone, including guests, see what one is upto on the board at any given time is intrusive. if possible that feature should be disabled.

the admin can keep it on for himself if it is strictly necessary but it should not be open to all.
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

People stop being so goddamn touchy feely and worked up. Even before version 3.x of vBulletin we had this feature. Just that no one cared to look who was doing what. The feature was definitely there! Now you want me to disable this. What next? Dont show that you are logged in on the first page or the forum homepage???

Or how about all of you changing yoru settings to always log in as invisible! Then you dont have to worry to let anyone know you are here! Also no need to communciate with each other as no one can see anyone logged in. So we dont need the PM system. Great.. I can save on server disk space!!

Great going... Okay .. what should I disable or remove next??? Hmm... How about I remove the user profile page also.. so registered users cannot see your profle??? Wow.. sounds so good..

Hmm. next??... I think I should even disable Search because imagine you search for a thread by some username and then you will see that the user has commented on so many topics... What an invasion of privacy that would be!!!

Please let me know and I will start with the cuts and disabling!!
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

What the Eff are folks scared here of?? That they are looking at Laal Mirchi topics??? What the eff?? Are you logging here wiht your real names and passport numbers???

Sheeeshhh.. this is so stupid... I too agree with one post here.. I have discovered some old threads and revived them due to this feature!!
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

I agree with you cha pai, on this one... I use the who's online window very often, not to spy on somebody but just to see whether there is any popular or odd site that people are currently browsing.

Well, here's what happens... I open up echarcha... and guess what? no new posts... what do I do?... no echarcha... no life... I feel depressed ... see some people are logged on... not really friends with anybody to start pm ... feeling very lonely ... next option, go to who's online... find this interesting sounding thread someone is reading... go to it myself... suddenly life does not seem to bad

See, it is a very important link of echarcha... brightens up the day on lonely boring days... please do not remove it under any pressure...

Old October 18th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
I agree with you cha pai, on this one... I use the who's online window very often, not to spy on somebody but just to see whether there is any popular or odd site that people are currently browsing.

Well, here's what happens... I open up echarcha... and guess what? no new posts... what do I do?... no echarcha... no life... I feel depressed ... see some people are logged on... not really friends with anybody to start pm ... feeling very lonely ... next option, go to who's online... find this interesting sounding thread someone is reading... go to it myself... suddenly life does not seem to bad

See, it is a very important link of echarcha... brightens up the day on lonely boring days... please do not remove it under any pressure...
This feature was always there even in versions 2.x of the vBulletin software and enabled for registered users and no one complained. Now all of a sudden people complain???