eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old August 7th, 2018, 12:27 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Latest ShareIt software for Android is very unethical

I have been using ShareIt for many years now on my Android phone and my laptop to transfer files. Even on my Android tablet for sharing photos etc.

Now, the latest version on Android phones is very unethical and the makers of it are real bastards.

I used to transfer some movies or tv show episodes on my phone to watch.
The latest version allows me to transfer from laptop to phone but you cannot view it in your regular VLC media player. Not even the default android media player.

ShareIt does something to the file so that you can view it ONLY using the ShareIt built-in player. And now ShareIt has so many ads and annoying popups that its become unusable.

I transferred the same video file using a regular USB cable and it works as expected on VLC media player.

Very sneaky and unethical of ShareIt.
Old August 7th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Latest ShareIt software for Android is very unethical

Please suggest some other file transfer software for Android phones.
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:17 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

If it is not too much of botheration, USB cable should be good. Else there could be other ways like google drive or drop box.
In case you use a micro sd, why not transfer files on that from the PC?
In case the files are not too large, you could install whatsapp web and sync with the phone. Send files to some other user and you can see it on the laptop.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
If it is not too much of botheration, USB cable should be good. Else there could be other ways like google drive or drop box.
In case you use a micro sd, why not transfer files on that from the PC?
In case the files are not too large, you could install whatsapp web and sync with the phone. Send files to some other user and you can see it on the laptop.
ShareIt is quite convenient. I know I can use the USB cable, etc or even the WhatsApp way. But .... the point is that ShareIt does not have to do such non-sense where they are altering the data which is transferred. The whole purpose of this software is to transfer data.

Imagine if Adobe decided to encrypt PDF files which can be seen only via Adobe Reader and not by any other reader. Or if our own echarcha was viewable only through Chrome or FireFox and not other browsers.