eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old October 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Post Pushya Nakshatra - Astrology gone haywire!

The new craze in India is to shop for gold jewellery on Pushya Nakshatra divas! Of course, people shop for gold during Karwa Chauth, Dhanteras and Diwali, but Pushya Nakshatra divas is becoming the most popular day to buy gold, especially among Gujjus!!

In 2004, I happened to be in Gujarat (Baroda) on this day and went to shop for jewellery!!! IT WAS PACKED!!! Consider yourself lucky if you could get an agent to listen to you. There is no time to browse or negotiate!! You get about 30 seconds to pick the jewellery item. He marks it for you and you stand in line to make a payment. Thats it!! The store was so busy that they had setup makeshift payment counters. I saw people laying down piles of cash, as crisp bank-packed note budles!! I WAS AMAZED BY THE DISPLAY OF MONEY AT THE STORE!

Then, I went to another popular, multi-storey Jewellery store located at a major intersection. Some big shot had booked the entire top two floors for his private party! If he could get a private showing on Pushya Nakshatra day, I can't imagine the kind of money he might have blown on that day!!

I think this 'festival' is bogus and a myth created by smart businessmen to sell overpriced jewellery to laymen!!
Old January 3rd, 2018, 02:32 AM
Elihphile

ciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Pushya Nakshatra - Astrology gone haywire!

Seeing the title of the thread,I thought you must be discussing some thing about the Pushya Paksha Ayanamsha in Astrology hypothesised by PVR Narsimha Rao.

PVR officially announced and presented it on record on 31st Dec 2013 and your thread start year of 2006, got me thinking ��... Did HHMD Knew of it before PVR?

Introducing Pushya-paksha Ayanamsa - PVR Narasimha Rao
PDFwww.vedicastrologer.org › pp_ayanamsa

Much Cry No Wool,damp squib thread,failing to criticize a subject (Astrology) which it doesnt even comprehends.

Last edited by ciloholic; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:39 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pushya Nakshatra - Astrology gone haywire!

I didnt know a day like that existed.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciloholic View Post
Seeing the title of the thread,I thought you must be discussing some thing about the Pushya Paksha Ayanamsha in Astrology hypothesised by PVR Narsimha Rao.

PVR officially announced and presented it on record on 31st Dec 2013 and your thread start year of 2006, got me thinking ��... Did HHMD Knew of it before PVR?

Introducing Pushya-paksha Ayanamsa - PVR Narasimha Rao
PDFwww.vedicastrologer.org pp_ayanamsa

Much Cry No Wool,damp squib thread,failing to criticize a subject (Astrology) which it doesnt even comprehends.
You remind me of Dovahkin. Are you back with a new id?
Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:25 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
He is narci.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
He is narci.
Request to admins to not jump to ban this id. It's okay to have a bit of conflict... It draws an audience and makes it an entertaining experience.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:51 AM
Elihphile

ciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really niceciloholic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
Was this one Dovahkin into astrology?

What makes you corelate him with ciloholic.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:54 AM
Elihphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
He is narci.
Ciloholic - The innermost layer of id ( pun advertent).The last peel of ego still struggling to be effaced.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
,failing to criticize a subject (Astrology) which it doesnt even comprehends.
Well, let me start in unequivocal terms - Astrology is a faith-based system. It is not science.

It's not my place to criticize a faith-based system. People will believe what they want to believe.

BUT, i will defend Science and I will argue against anyone who claims that Astrology is a science.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:12 AM
Elihphile

Criticising without comprehending is as allegorical as the sour grapes �� beyond the reach of the frustrated �� fox.

Astrology is NOT a science.Its a super science.

https://www.amazon.in/Jyotisha-super.../dp/8189221388

Read the above book by KN Rao and as to who is KN Rao read the link below.

http://journalofastrology.com/pages/about_knrao.htm

If all this appears too much of a jargon read this article atleast as its in a laymans language about a guaranteed astrologer...SK Mehta...Its a bit long but interesting.

https://divine-jyotish.com/2015/10/2...er-part-1/amp/

Just because one has not been blessed enough to have a personal experience with a proficient astrologer doesnt means astrology is a pseudo science.Astrlogy is never wrong, astrologers can be wrong.

I havent seen your horoscope but for sure I can say that you can comprehend astrology the fastest here, once you start with it.Its not the believers who have faith in it who pick it uo faster,its the non believers the real sceptics who pick it up accurately because their sole aim is to prove it wrong and in the process of trying to wrong it they realise that it was them who was wrong about it.

Its not the theists who realise themselves faster, it is always the born atheists who realise themselves faster.

Last edited by ciloholic; January 3rd, 2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Criticising without comprehending is as allegorical as the sour grapes �� beyond the reach of the frustrated �� fox.
Sour grapes? What sour grapes? No comprendo. No habla espenol.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:40 AM
Elihphile

Read the edited post at leisure when there is no other way left to kill time
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

Astrology is NOT a science.Its a super science.

https://www.amazon.in/Jyotisha-super.../dp/8189221388

Read the above book by KN Rao and as to who is KN Rao read the link below.

http://journalofastrology.com/pages/about_knrao.htm

If all this appears too much of a jargon read this article atleast as its in a laymans language about a guaranteed astrologer...SK Mehta...Its a bit long but interesting.

https://divine-jyotish.com/2015/10/2...er-part-1/amp/

Just because one has not been blessed enough to have a personal experience with a proficient astrologer doesnt means astrology is a pseudo science.Astrlogy is never wrong, astrologers can be wrong.

I havent seen your horoscope but for sure I can say that you can comprehend astrology the fastest here, once you start with it.Its not the believers who have faith in it who pick it uo faster,its the non believers the real sceptics who pick it up accurately because their sole aim is to prove it wrong and in the process of trying to wrong it they realise that it was them who was wrong about it.

Its not the theists who realise themselves faster, it is always the born atheists who realise themselves faster.
Is this your best argument on Astrology being a science? Link to this book: Jyotisha the super Science: A Rich Heritage of India's Composite Culture: Hindu Astrology Series.

Heritage? Hindu Astrology? Super Science?

Looks like you aren't familiar with Science and the scientific process of examination. There's no such thing as super science. The title itself is idiotic from a scientific perspective.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:34 PM
Elihphile

Arguements are there in the book.See if you can comprehend them to refute them.I am merely an instrument to point you to the path.Treading the path has to be your conscious choice at your chosen time.

Read the book ONLY when you have realised that science is not able to answer all the possible simle ordinary questions that you have like why were you born as a male and why not as a female or a eunuch and why were you born to a particular set of parents and why not to the one next door,when exactly will you die.

Science will merely tell you that you will die for sure,astrology will tell you when precisely will that happen,where and how and in what fashion for this incarnation of yours.

Read the book only after realising that inspite of being familiar with science and the scientific process of examination you yet do not know the details of the dark energy and dark matter comprising 95% of the cosmos.

Read the book only when the realisation has dawned upon you that the only thing that you know is that you know nothing.

It is only then that you will stand corrected that Astrology is the Super Science whose subset is science ie Astrology is the Holistic Science.

*BLESSINGS*
Old January 3rd, 2018, 01:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

Read the book ONLY when you have realised that science is not able to answer all the possible simle ordinary questions that you have like why were you born as a male and why not as a female or a eunuch and why were you born to a particular set of parents and why not to the one next door,when exactly will you die.

It is only then that you will stand corrected that Astrology is the Super Science whose subset is science ie Astrology is the Holistic Science.

*BLESSINGS*
Science has answers to some of the more reasonable questions.

If somebody says that they have figured out how to predict the future, it is pseudo science.

Use your common sense, buddy. Don't confuse your mind with all meta shit like cosmos and dark matter and all that. I'm sure all those cosmic waves may have some impact to human life and behavior, but there's no evidence or conclusive proof. Astrologers tend to use anecdotes as evidence over and over again.