eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old April 17th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down IITs screwed finally - IITs gear up to usher in quota

IITs gear up to usher in quota

IITs will implement the OBC quota in phases over three years, starting with nine per cent in the coming academic session. Total intake to be enhanced by 13 per cent

The country’s most reputed technology schools, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) will implement the 27 per cent OBC quota in three phases, starting this year with nine per cent.

All seven branches of the IIT will manage the quota by increasing their overall intake by 13 per cent, of which nine per cent will be reserved for OBC students.

The three new IITs proposed to be set up at Bihar, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh, will implement the full quota for both post-graduate and under-graduate courses.

There would be a 10 per cent relaxation in the cut-off for OBC students in the JEE 2008 examination. The three new IITs will admit 120 students each. The reservation in these institutions will be 27 per cent for the OBC's and 22.5 per cent for the SC and ST category.

IIT Delhi director Surendra Prasad said, "During counselling, we will screen all OBC students minus the creamy layer from the selection process of reserved candidates.

As for the verification of the category status of candidates, the existing rules and norms of the government of India shall apply."

Prasad added, "The institutions are unable to implement the 27 per cent quota in one go because of lack of adequate faculty and infrastructure facilities. We have also discussed the enhancement of infrastructure and other facilities to increase the intake of the students.

A decision to double the strength of the existing faculty in the next seven to eight years was also taken." Representatives of the seven IITs met in the city yesterday to discuss the implementation of the OBC quota.

The three new IITs proposed to be set up at Bihar, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh will admit 120 students each.

The reservation in these institutions will be 27 per cent for the OBC's and 22.5 per cent for SC and ST category.

Link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quota-test.JPG (14.3 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by echarcha; April 17th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

chando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IITs screwed finally - IITs gear up to usher in quota

How is it screwed? If they had increased quota without increasing the seats then we can say deserving candidates were denied an opportunity. We will have more IItians, now don't tell me they will be incompetent.

I am sure the reservation is only for admission not for graduation.
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chando
How is it screwed? If they had increased quota without increasing the seats then we can say deserving candidates were denied an opportunity. We will have more IItians, now don't tell me they will be incompetent.

Yes, but those who will be admitted will be treated differently unless the profs want themselves to be in deep shit. It is expected that profs will atleast have to pass them so that these reservation candidates enter as new generation of IIT brand sarkari jawains/jamaai/jamaatas
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

desichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant future

Let met share based my own experience

Most of the SC/ST who enter IIT lose their self confidence in 15-20 days. By the time...first semester ends...they are preety sure (99%) of them they will either end up in bottom 5% of class ( now can be 50% of class ) or will not graduate in 4 years

I am not sure how many great engineers you get out these morons whom our governments want to compete with few of the smartest people that country got. It is a fight between a shark and a tuna....and you know the result...

Same is about creating IITs.Freaks don;t get it.It will take those 6 and 7 th IITs itself another 15 years to reach level of other 5 IITs. It requires lot of alumni network etc..exp..stories to build and sell and create a world class organization...

I will declare it here...NIT Trichi and other two NIT will be far better than going to those 3 new IITs for many years to come.

I think this new spree has done only one thing in my mind..Now when i read resume..I will have to check whether the freaks went to good IIT ( old 5) or new IIT...

I am having a freaking long time now itself to figure out fake IIT resumes already ( IT BHUs and Roorkee ) guys whenever they apply...

It is same story again...stretch what you got than to work hard to create something new...we have one brand name IIT...let us use it kindz...

I am sure that our country has lot more smarter people than 2000 which clear JEE..but let us create 25 good colleges and call them all diff like in USA..this way there will be 15000 good engg ( more than enough) who can take country forward. It helps many ways
1) No single dominant brand..free market ..
2) Diff schools wil focus on diff stuff to differentiate...like Standford/Harvard/MIT etc...
3) Different mentality Stanford v/d East cost elites

Right now we just keep on producing cookie cutter..I wanna code with same mentality engg if just keep on creating IITs

I am not sure why I burst whenever I read about all this but I guess I do...bear with me

Checkout where I and Randheer and few others blog - http://www.4octave.com
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

IITs will be diluted by the pro-reservation thugs. Within next 15 to 20 years those new IITs wont come up to par with the original 5 IITs but the IIT brand will be all useless. I pray not, but with the way reservations are going on, I am sure there will be 75% or more reservations soon. Then it will be easier to reject IIT resumes
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
eCharchan

style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chando

whats the use of the seats if they are kicked out because these quota candidates donot pass the bridge course(this is a course which is think is for 1 year which the quota candidates are made to undergo before they can sit in the 1st year of IIT classes. IF they donot pass the exams, they are kicked out of IIT's).
beneficiary's themselves donot want to have increase in QUOTA

Dhurandhar Need Not Reply
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Junior eCharchan

dadarocks is just really nicedadarocks is just really nicedadarocks is just really nicedadarocks is just really nice

India needs 100 IIT. As long as number of seats are increased I ain;t complaining. But quota for OBC remains a joke they were never prosecuted in fact they historically have bene of ruling clan be it Jaat of Haryana or Kurmi of Bihar . remember chandrgupta mourya he was kurmi a socalled obc by caste.
Old June 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadarocks
India needs 100 IIT. As long as number of seats are increased I ain;t complaining. But quota for OBC remains a joke they were never prosecuted in fact they historically have bene of ruling clan be it Jaat of Haryana or Kurmi of Bihar . remember chandrgupta mourya he was kurmi a socalled obc by caste.
100 IIT's where the hell are u gona get prof's for that many colleges. BTW even the top 5 IIT's are running short of the required faculty members, now the added burden of increased seats, then the added burden of bearing the load of newly born IIT's. How can u think of supporting that many number of IIT's i cannot even imagine.

the only way i see that we can improve this situation is to get more and more students sign on for integrated PhD's in IIT's, pay them more stipend and get them to sign a bond saying that they would work in academic field for so many years and voila you would not have the problem in the future.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

Don't live in 1960

IIT is just a hype and good for nothing now a days.
institute like BITS pilani, REC suratkal etc are much better
in term of talent and infrastructure.

I met people from various organization as coworker, like people from MIT, stanford and various college from India.

IITian had only superiority complex(Mtech/phd are worst) productivity was same or lower than any REC/good Engineering college.Most of the IItian were only better in talking in meeting and pleasing their immediate boss.

I know many IItian(btech) without job for almost a year even during the peak time in India. so move on after 2000 I dont think IIT still a talent hub.

thanks to bansal coaching in kota.

exceptional is always there so dont tell me the name of 10 iitian who has done great since it got open.

just see the ROI(return on investment) it is negative.

1980-2000 it was just good source of worker for US though.

now dont start giving me the $hit called reverse brain drain which is driving Indian economy etc.

Even if you send person to clean the house in US can fetch same ammount of money what so called software engineer are fetching.

PS:- Reservation is not bad we have to take the part of society who were exploited from generation, what is wrong on that? may be the way it has implemented could be the debate topic.

people clean their own toilet in US proudly but the same guy want a person to clean it when he go back to india or for his/her parents.
and who have cleaned your toilet for generation in india can not go to IIT becasue he has no money to go to "bansal coaching" to memorise all the equation invented by non IITian to get admission in IIT.

Last edited by chadhakya; June 12th, 2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Red face Re: IITs screwed finally - IITs gear up to usher in quota

Got this in email.

Quote:

New Exam Pattern in India (Revised):

1. General students - Answer ALL questions.

2.. OBC - WRITE ANY one question.

3. SC - ONLY READ questions.

AND.

4. ST - THANKS FOR COMING..

CHEERS TO RESERVATION......
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Junior eCharchan

dadarocks is just really nicedadarocks is just really nicedadarocks is just really nicedadarocks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI
100 IIT's where the hell are u gona get prof's for that many colleges. BTW even the top 5 IIT's are running short of the required faculty members, now the added burden of increased seats, then the added burden of bearing the load of newly born IIT's. How can u think of supporting that many number of IIT's i cannot even imagine.

the only way i see that we can improve this situation is to get more and more students sign on for integrated PhD's in IIT's, pay them more stipend and get them to sign a bond saying that they would work in academic field for so many years and voila you would not have the problem in the future.
Increase pay package do aggressive advertisement.. there are various ways to attract faculties..

Anyway your concern about good faculties is well taken but first we need ideological gumption to take on this challanege other modalities can be worked out. Where there is will there is way.
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhakya
Don't live in 1960

IIT is just a hype and good for nothing now a days.
institute like BITS pilani, REC suratkal etc are much better
in term of talent and infrastructure.

I met people from various organization as coworker, like people from MIT, stanford and various college from India.

IITian had only superiority complex(Mtech/phd are worst) productivity was same or lower than any REC/good Engineering college.Most of the IItian were only better in talking in meeting and pleasing their immediate boss.

I know many IItian(btech) without job for almost a year even during the peak time in India. so move on after 2000 I dont think IIT still a talent hub.

thanks to bansal coaching in kota.

exceptional is always there so dont tell me the name of 10 iitian who has done great since it got open.

just see the ROI(return on investment) it is negative.

1980-2000 it was just good source of worker for US though.

now dont start giving me the $hit called reverse brain drain which is driving Indian economy etc.

Even if you send person to clean the house in US can fetch same ammount of money what so called software engineer are fetching.

PS:- Reservation is not bad we have to take the part of society who were exploited from generation, what is wrong on that? may be the way it has implemented could be the debate topic.

people clean their own toilet in US proudly but the same guy want a person to clean it when he go back to india or for his/her parents.
and who have cleaned your toilet for generation in india can not go to IIT becasue he has no money to go to "bansal coaching" to memorise all the equation invented by non IITian to get admission in IIT.
I will ignore the rest of the drivel but comment on what is wrong if historically exploited ones get reservation well nothing.. That's why noone is begrudging sc/st reservation because they were exploited but obc reservation is farce they were never exploited in fact they historically have bene the exploiter. Even today open up the caste base crime data in 90% cases obc wud be found exploiting sc/st.
In such a scenario to go ahead and provide obc with reservation is nopthing but a sick politics.
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

I think there should be reverse reservations keep a few seats only for upper caste and the rest should be open category. Also make the entrance standard for upper castes so very high that the little or almost zero reverse reservation will be sufficient for the upper caste seats to be filled just about.

Then India can show the world - 'We dont care for merit, only caste!'
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadarocks
I will ignore the rest of the drivel but comment on what is wrong if historically exploited ones get reservation well nothing.. That's why noone is begrudging sc/st reservation because they were exploited but obc reservation is farce they were never exploited in fact they historically have bene the exploiter. Even today open up the caste base crime data in 90% cases obc wud be found exploiting sc/st.
In such a scenario to go ahead and provide obc with reservation is nopthing but a sick politics.
don't compare 50 year old crime data with 5000 year old caste system.
can a OBC a pujari even now the answer is No.
Do you think thakur and brahman has exloited less than OBC.from where all these naxalite problem generated.

we need to give reservation to those people no doubt about that , how it should be implemented that is other topic.

and don't cry about IIT and IIM, It's one of the useless hype.

even mumbai's dibbawal has better managment chain without going to IIM and they dont belong to higher caste either.
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

Is it not the Reservation or Quota when Brahman is only allow to be pujari.
Mandir is built by the hard earn money of every hindu then why all of sudden brahman owns the temple.

why no body cry about these 100% quota system which is more important than IIT.

wasn't it again 100% quota when only higher caste allwed to be Raja/Maharaja.

1000 of year when higher cast enjoyed 100% of quota system for most of the "bread and butter thing" then why same people has problem all of sudden, when lower caste people get something.

the way the entarance exam and whole education system itself is not based upon the "real Merit" it's just a pattern which doesn't favour the poor class, it's not something creat the Einstein for non reserved category.
how many nobel prize non quota student produced so far.

stop crying for quota and move on.

Last edited by chadhakya; June 17th, 2008 at 09:25 PM.