eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 21st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Is it okay for grown men to cry while watching movies??

...or if they are questioned about friend's wife's travel related issues?

I mean, there are stories that could make even the most hardened man cry. For e.g.

The grandfather of a 6-year old boy learns that his grandson is a victim of retinoblastoma - an extremely rare disease. In order to rectify it, he would have to undergo an operation that would keep him alive but leave him permanently blind. The doctor insists that the operation be done right away. Just before his operation is about to begin, the grandfather 'steals' the boy out of the hospital and takes him on a trip around town - to the temple, a park, a fair. He wants to show the small kid sights that he would never see again.

But is it okay for a grown man to cry during such movies??

Last edited by HarHarMahaDev; June 21st, 2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it okay for grown men to cry while watching movies??

I think it is Ok if grown men cry while watching a movie...it shows they are sensitive.

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

aashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev
why do you ask this? who cried?
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes it shows they are sensitive and sensible guys...

Last edited by pakkidost; June 21st, 2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:55 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

it its not ok, will they stop crying?

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old June 21st, 2007, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg
it its not ok, will they stop crying?
No they wont...men are crybabies by nature.

Old June 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

aashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakkidost
No they wont...men are crybabies by nature.
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats an oxymoronic question ( I added oxy to make you feel better).

Axiom : Grown men dont cry.

By inference it can be deduced that :
It is possible for a man to cry - but not for a grown man to cry during movies.
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashoo
maine asia kya kah diya? Does my reply qualify for Friday Special?

Old June 21st, 2007, 11:08 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I mean, there are stories that could make even the most hardened man cry. For e.g.

The grandfather of a 6-year old boy learns that his grandson is a victim of retinoblastoma - an extremely rare disease. In order to rectify it, he would have to undergo an operation that would keep him alive but leave him permanently blind. The doctor insists that the operation be done right away. Just before his operation is about to begin, the grandfather 'steals' the boy out of the hospital and takes him on a trip around town - to the temple, a park, a fair. He wants to show the small kid sights that he would never see again.

aarey permission kaiko le raha hain... bindaas cry.. doesn't matter.. dekhta hun tujhe kaun bolta hai woh..!!
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

maine asia kya kah diya? Does my reply qualify for Friday Special?
no no just the other day I read this

A wife woke in the middle of night just to find out her husband was not there with her on bed, she went out in living room. nothing and she saw her husband sitting in the kitchen sipping coffee from his coffee cup, she looked at the clock, and it was 2o’clock. She went to her husband and saw tears in his eyes. She asked what was the matter and he explained the time they were dating 20 years ago, before the entire hectic schedule, the kids, and payments for their house etc. She said yes I remember. He said do you remember that day when we were out on a date and end up in the back seat of my car behind the bushes just before your home. And just then your cop-father came and caught us having sex. She goes Yes Yes. And he asked to marry you otherwise he will put me in jail for at least 20 years. She said I remember honey but why are you crying.
Husband said I would’ve gotten out today.
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:21 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sahi hai bidu...

grown men do cry... but in the shower... and many times their tears have dried up... as in tanki mein paani nahi bachela hai...

ladies on the other hand have huge tankis and they dont waste any oppurtunity to use it... example, someone leaving the city, while watching movies, etc etc...
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
no no just the other day I read this

A wife woke in the middle of night just to find out her husband was not there with her on bed, she went out in living room. nothing and she saw her husband sitting in the kitchen sipping coffee from his coffee cup, she looked at the clock, and it was 2o’clock. She went to her husband and saw tears in his eyes. She asked what was the matter and he explained the time they were dating 20 years ago, before the entire hectic schedule, the kids, and payments for their house etc. She said yes I remember. He said do you remember that day when we were out on a date and end up in the back seat of my car behind the bushes just before your home. And just then your cop-father came and caught us having sex. She goes Yes Yes. And he asked to marry you otherwise he will put me in jail for at least 20 years. She said I remember honey but why are you crying.
I cried after reading your story!
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger
Thats an oxymoronic question ( I added oxy to make you feel better).

Axiom : Grown men dont cry.

By inference it can be deduced that :
It is possible for a man to cry - but not for a grown man to cry during movies.
good point....but what about when discussing friend's wife's travel issues?
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
example, someone leaving the city, ..... etc etc...
Shakti, do you need a different thread or you will tell that story here? :insert serious icon here: