eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Rakhi's Avatar
Rakhi Rakhi is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,702
Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
something ...like what ... any ideas

HR options are for males and females both... but how many males one can see going to HR for the same reason....

There were some rules for dowry cases and they were used generously by lawyers to get revenge from any husbands ( guilty or not ) .... India spent dacades before they included some rules and punishments for the ladies who torture their husbands after marriage.
you tell me? what could be a severe punishment?

Finally some good is coming out of this. Don't be one of those who no matter what would stand against something good.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
landyaBhai's Avatar
landyaBhai landyaBhai is offline
Proud LLKC member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Here-Now
Posts: 6,422
landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Wonderful idea! They should go for it.
Why is it a wonderful idea ... It will create more perversion ... yes he cannot rape, but he can be much of a pervert when the instrument does not exist ... I mean, even when the instrument was there, there was a peak of perversion that resulted in a rape ... removing the instrument will not change anything ...

yes there will be a fear of losing the instrument ... but what if someone is wrongly framed, then how would someone who has been castrated get the dongle back ...

Plus this seems to be a very barbaric solution and considering this has been an idea coming from the intellectuals, I am kind of suspicious about their so-called intelligence that is masking their own barbarism ...
__________________
The Quieter You Become, The More You Can Hear
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,353
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Rape is heinous and deserves the maximum punishment. But chemical castration is like going back to middle ages when death by horrible torture was part of the punishment. We dont have to resort to Saudi Arabia type laws.

There was a case in Saudi where a man was jailed for attacking another man in a fightto an extent that the victim lost the use of his legs due to spinal injury. The Saudi law machinery was seeking medical opinion if the accused could be made to lose his ability to use legs by medically screwing up his spine. This is total middle ages.

Current rape law prescribes a punishment of jail time for 7 years or so. Instead it should be enhanced to 14 plus years. And no castration. Rather life in prison, with no chance of an early release. Take away the rapists ability to be part of society and rape again. That frustration would be far more than frustration at never getting an erection due to chemical castration.

If we allow for such a law today, tomorrow it will be 'cut off hands of a thief' next. Yes rape is not pardonable, but this kind of solution is not the answer.
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
PeaceSeeker PeaceSeeker is offline
In search of peace!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Borderline
Posts: 6,175
PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbaaz Balushi View Post
Castration is not a solution. It conveys that only a man could rape. And what about the woman who rape man?

Rape is not always about penis and vagina. Its more of imposing power. There is this lady (senior in age and designation) at my work place, who always fiddles with her bra strap while talking to me. I donít know if its out of habit or it is some form of teasing, but I feel humiliated and I have no choice, but to bear it. Last week, while she was taking to me, and her hands were down, I heard a sound zattaaaak twice or thrice. I didnít dare to look down, but most probably, or i am sure, this time she was fiddling with her underwear elastic. I got very stressed, depressed and humiliated. I can't share my woes with any of my colleagues. I feel shame. I can't discuss this at home too. Isnít this rape? What part of her should be surgically removed or what chemical should be given to her?
har samasya ka ek samadhan, the BoP
an unveiled woman is like uncovered meat eaten by cats and there4 deserve rape.
this lady colleague of urs has gone far far beyond.
__________________
Only peace remains at last!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:20 AM
Rakhi's Avatar
Rakhi Rakhi is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,702
Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post

yes there will be a fear of losing the instrument ... but what if someone is wrongly framed, then how would someone who has been castrated get the dongle back ...

Plus this seems to be a very barbaric solution and considering this has been an idea coming from the intellectuals, I am kind of suspicious about their so-called intelligence that is masking their own barbarism ...
I have faith in our legal system. I am sure our authorities would do their due diligence before attempting anything like castration on innocents.

Have you got a better idea LB? Something which will put fear into the minds of people who attempt to rape?

I am looking for a practical solution...not suggesting meditation to the accused and all.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:20 AM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,353
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Why is it a wonderful idea ... It will create more perversion ... yes he cannot rape, but he can be much of a pervert when the instrument does not exist ... I mean, even when the instrument was there, there was a peak of perversion that resulted in a rape ... removing the instrument will not change anything ...

yes there will be a fear of losing the instrument ... but what if someone is wrongly framed, then how would someone who has been castrated get the dongle back ...

Plus this seems to be a very barbaric solution and considering this has been an idea coming from the intellectuals, I am kind of suspicious about their so-called intelligence that is masking their own barbarism ...
My exact thoughts. Read what I wrote. Rape is heinous, not pardonable. Increase jail time from 7 years to 14 or more. But not this medical castration which is totally Saudi Arabia style middle ages way of punishment.
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Rakhi's Avatar
Rakhi Rakhi is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,702
Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Rape is heinous and deserves the maximum punishment. But chemical castration is like going back to middle ages when death by horrible torture was part of the punishment. We dont have to resort to Saudi Arabia type laws.
Even if its 7 years, how many really did stay back from raping? Not many, looking at the stats. Will 14 years make a difference when 7 years does not? I doubt it.

Raping someone is barbarous enough to deserve a torture treatment...isnt it?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
landyaBhai's Avatar
landyaBhai landyaBhai is offline
Proud LLKC member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Here-Now
Posts: 6,422
landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I have faith in our legal system. I am sure our authorities would do their due diligence before attempting anything like castration on innocents.

Have you got a better idea LB? Something which will put fear into the minds of people who attempt to rape?

I am looking for a practical solution...not suggesting meditation to the accused and all.
What do you mean by practical solution ... This solution of castration seems more like a reprimand system that we give to children ... As it has never worked with children, I wouldnt be surprised it would work with adults ...

In a country like India and most likely in any other country, the big and the mighty have a way with the law, they can get away easily ...

also if castration is put in place, a person who wants to rape has now no chance but to leave the other dead ... I would think we want folks to live ... it would be bad to be killed after a rape ... How do you expect a rapists to suddenly go sane and then not kill their prey ...
__________________
The Quieter You Become, The More You Can Hear
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
landyaBhai's Avatar
landyaBhai landyaBhai is offline
Proud LLKC member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Here-Now
Posts: 6,422
landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Even if its 7 years, how many really did stay back from raping? Not many, looking at the stats. Will 14 years make a difference when 7 years does not? I doubt it.

Raping someone is barbarous enough to deserve a torture treatment...isnt it?
Yes raping is barbarous, no doubt about it ... but so is castration ... and the same applies for solitary confinement and that too in Indian jails ... Plus the Indian society and the quickness of the Indian justice system, leaves the rapist no chance to face the on-slaught of the Indian public .. I mean, the Indian Justice System is far from agile, so even a genuine rapist expecting a 7 year term basically ends up serving may be 21 years, 14 years just waiting for a court hearing ...
__________________
The Quieter You Become, The More You Can Hear
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
echarcha's Avatar
echarcha echarcha is offline
Sutradhar {admin}
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 45,353
echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Even if its 7 years, how many really did stay back from raping? Not many, looking at the stats. Will 14 years make a difference when 7 years does not? I doubt it.

Raping someone is barbarous enough to deserve a torture treatment...isnt it?
The rape law itself needs change, not just in terms of the duration of jail time. It has to be changed to allow for a faster trial without the anguish of reliving the traumatic event for the victim.

The problem with our rape law is that its quite well defined but the enforcement and the kind of perverse loopholes are the real reason rapists dont get scared of the law.

Look at the economic offenses committed by the elite. No one is scared to cheat on taxes, send money abroad, etc. Why? Because there is no law which will attach their property, sell of all assets and throw them in jail for a long time.

With a rapist, the best way would be to publish a national directory of rapists so that the rapist has a blot all his life. Just like they use a raiton card or passport to check your background, the new Unique ID system being developed should have a place to note down convictions. So you are branded a rapist till you die. Whenever you go for a job, your crime haunts you.

Also putting the rapist behind bars for 14 plus years is like a life sentence. That should teach a lesson and be deterrent enough for wannabe rapists.
__________________
eCharcha.com
-Loud and Proud Desi Opinions
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Rakhi's Avatar
Rakhi Rakhi is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,702
Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
What do you mean by practical solution ... This solution of castration seems more like a reprimand system that we give to children ... As it has never worked with children, I wouldnt be surprised it would work with adults ...

In a country like India and most likely in any other country, the big and the mighty have a way with the law, they can get away easily ...

also if castration is put in place, a person who wants to rape has now no chance but to leave the other dead ... I would think we want folks to live ... it would be bad to be killed after a rape ... How do you expect a rapists to suddenly go sane and then not kill their prey ...
We are attempting to bring justice to the people who have been wronged. Since how many years have this 7 years sentence been in place? How many of the convicted were even tried in courts yet? All this solitary treatment has been in place for years. what is the cause of this continuous rise in rapes in Delhi then?

Eye for an eye...in this case at least. That's my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Parijataka's Avatar
Parijataka Parijataka is offline
aam aurat
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bharat
Posts: 758
Parijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

I would say yes. Even death penalty in Bharat is given in rare cases so castration could be similarly applied. That should really be a big deterrent to rape for men fearing loss of manhood... (In rural areas men even do not want to donate blood fearing for their `shakti` - as an intern my brother used to tell of families consisting of healthy father and 4 hefty sons wanting to buy blood from the blood bank rather than give themselves to their mother for the said reason!). As far as rape by women is concerned, I dont think there is much scope for that in Bharat, especially as the number of women keeps going down with female foeticide and Indians' preference for a male child. In any case to be fair the law could have the female version of castration also!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Rakhi's Avatar
Rakhi Rakhi is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,702
Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
The rape law itself needs change, not just in terms of the duration of jail time. It has to be changed to allow for a faster trial without the anguish of reliving the traumatic event for the victim.

The problem with our rape law is that its quite well defined but the enforcement and the kind of perverse loopholes are the real reason rapists dont get scared of the law.

Look at the economic offenses committed by the elite. No one is scared to cheat on taxes, send money abroad, etc. Why? Because there is no law which will attach their property, sell of all assets and throw them in jail for a long time.

With a rapist, the best way would be to publish a national directory of rapists so that the rapist has a blot all his life. Just like they use a raiton card or passport to check your background, the new Unique ID system being developed should have a place to note down convictions. So you are branded a rapist till you die. Whenever you go for a job, your crime haunts you.

Also putting the rapist behind bars for 14 plus years is like a life sentence. That should teach a lesson and be deterrent enough for wannabe rapists.
I agree. Until all the good things you mentioned are sanctioned by the court, castrate these morons! Put fear into them, it works.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
milanfanabhi's Avatar
milanfanabhi milanfanabhi is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: west coast of india
Posts: 4,822
milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

yes that is one thing in india..laws are converted into loopholes.innocent men might be slaughtered....but then we need advanced forensics too..so that a woman cannot wrongly accuse a man of rape.

advanced forensics can really prove a lot.mostly it is about traces of semen and stuff..current forensics do give results but not the most accurate ones.

i talked about the same point with a very reputed laqyer from mumbai high court.and he was like i dont give a fuck....i can still manage to free my client from rape..coz the judge needs piece of the pie and i am just a pimp who will break the deal and in the end everyone will be happy accept the victim.
i was actually hoping for a good discussion but he was too shameless...lol
__________________
cheteshwar pujara-ગુજરાતી માણસના પોતાના rahul dravid
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
dollyg's Avatar
dollyg dollyg is offline
IDLE Treasurer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,544
dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Castration for rapsists

I would say no to castration and yes to long term imprisonment with hard labour. Life imprisonment in case a child is involved.
__________________


If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
castration, indian laws, rape


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What makes wives of rapists stand by them ?? ashdoc Relationships 37 May 15th, 2011 06:15 AM
Bobby Jindal wants to Chemically Castrate child rapists Ravi SoapBox 25 June 30th, 2008 05:42 PM
Sri Lankan Rapists Prey On Tsunami Victims viking Taaza Khabar - Current news 9 January 5th, 2005 04:07 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.