eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old October 7th, 2013, 12:14 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
The first gay Hindu wedding

Gay couple exchanges wedding vows in OTR

Gay Hindu wedding in Cincinnati, OH.. I just heard about it from my colleague who's friends with the couple.

I think this is a first (Gay wedding in Hindu style).. so should qualify as a breaking news item.

Quote:
Despite a rainy forecast, Ryan Messer expressed no wedding day jitters Saturday as he prepared to say “I do” to his partner of two years, Jimmy Musuraca, in grand style at Washington Park.

“I’m ecstatic – people here are more worried than I am about the weather,” he said. “I’ve seen ‘Monsoon Wedding’ and things will work out all right.”

Though muggy, the clouds parted and the rain abated in time for the ceremony.

The couple had invited more than 400 guests to an elaborate ceremony modeled after a traditional Indian wedding. The inspiration came from his 2008 travels to the subcontinent. Messer was temporarily stranded there after the Mumbai bombings.

“It was wedding season and people felt sorry for me,” Messer said, adding that he was invited to a number of weddings. “I’ve never seen such an over-the-top party. It was so meaningful and rich and powerful.”

Ohio doesn’t recognize gay marriage, but Messer and Musuraca hope that changes. They both support Why Marriage Matters Ohio, a marriage equality campaign seeking legalization of gay marriage.

They legally tied the knot in New York City on Sept. 21 to get the federal tax benefits expanded this summer to gay couples married in states that permit same-sex marriage.

“We’re glad to be legally married and recognized by the federal government, but it’s still bittersweet that it is not legal in Ohio,” said Messer, 40, a senior design manager at Johnson & Johnson.

Messer, originally from Rising Sun, Ind., and Musuraca, 42, from East Liverpool, Ohio, met through friends. They live in Over-The-Rhine with their 5-year-old son, Anderson. Musuraca manages the couples’ development company, Messuraca Properties.

The couple hopes their nuptials encourage Ohioans to “think different” about gay marriage.

If everything goes as planned, the ceremony promises to be memorable. The grooms arrived on traditionally decorated horses accompanied by the wedding party. A Hindu ceremony was to take place under a mandap.

After the ceremony, the couple planned to host a grand feast under a tent around the gazebo in the center of the park. The UC International Dance Team was scheduled to perform.

In lieu of gifts, the couple has set up a scholarship fund at Cincinnati State for students from Over-The-Rhine.
LINK
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:15 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The first gay Hindu wedding

Are you offended? or elated? or don't care?
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

We were at this wedding.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
We were at this wedding.
wow.. few Qs my colleague had since he knows one guy from the couple, is Jimmy Musuraca of Hindu lineage? Why did they choose a Hindu wedding?
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
wow.. few Qs my colleague had since he knows one guy from the couple, is Jimmy Musuraca of Hindu lineage? Why did they choose a Hindu wedding?
They said they had gone to Mumbai to attend a wedding and loved the ceremony.

We know Ryan and his family. His mother borrowed a few Indian dresses from my wife for her friends. They have a villa in France and told us that anytime we go to France, we could use their villa.

Ryan is considering standing for local office.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
They said they had gone to Mumbai to attend a wedding and loved the ceremony.

We know Ryan and his family. His mother borrowed a few Indian dresses from my wife for her friends. They have a villa in France and told us that anytime we go to France, we could use their villa.

Ryan is considering standing for local office.
this is so amazing man.. like 2.5 degrees of separation and not 6. I'd tell you more things here but let me PM you.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

This ain't a wedding of gay Hindus. Its just a Hindu ceremony.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
This ain't a wedding of gay Hindus. Its just a Hindu ceremony.
Well yes, thats true. but this is how the media attracts views. I'm just following their cue.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; October 7th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=sarv_shaktimaan;635947]Gay couple exchanges wedding vows in OTR

I think this is a first (Gay wedding in Hindu style).. so should qualify as a breaking news item.

Actually, it is the second. There was one couple of months ago in LA and it was a lesbian's wedding. Both girls are MAAL.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:41 PM

My colleague was like why is one guy wearing this head gear.. I was telling him that the guy with turban must be the groom. And the other one must be the bride, the one with the henna
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My colleague was like why is one guy wearing this head gear.. I was telling him that the guy with turban must be the groom. And the other one must be the bride, the one with the henna
You mean one is pitcher and one is catcher ??
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
You mean one is pitcher and one is catcher ??
Yep.. Kinda like that good analogy

The kid who sits on the ghodi is called 'sarvala'.. They have one adopted kid.. But i see their pet dog riding the horse too.. Thats strange
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep.. Kinda like that good analogy

The kid who sits on the ghodi is called 'sarvala'.. They have one adopted kid.. But i see their pet dog riding the horse too.. That's strange
Probably they wanted a little bit of Christian wedding thing too, like a ring bearer? Or it could be that they so love their pet, they sure want it to be a part of the wedding, which is totally awesome .
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you offended? or elated? or don't care?
I feel bad....

Could be ok for many of you having 'open mind'..

I prefer keeping closed mind on this issue..
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:20 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

I applaud.