eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 13th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute
Question South Facing Houses

Last week we paid a visit to our close friends in Dallas, TX. One of the friends we stayed with were moving to a newer district as the schools over there were exceedingly good. But they had many criteria one of them was always buy NE or N facing houses. Even if the house faces NE or N but has a water hole like swimming pool in the S or SE corner of the house is inauspicious for the people living in that home according to vastushastra.

How many of you believe and adhere to this belief while buying a house?
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: South Facing Houses

In my town in India, the biggest Industrialist's huge house is facing South. And their company always grew bigger and bigger.
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
In my town in India, the biggest Industrialist's huge house is facing South. And their company always grew bigger and bigger.
If you are staying in Texas, and if your house is facing south (that is facing Mexico), you are practically supporting illegal immigration
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

He is staying in Chorwad.

Anyway, the industrialist's company is growing bigger and bigger, but what about his baburao? he won't advertise about that, would he?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 13th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
He is staying in Chorwad.

Anyway, the industrialist's company is growing bigger and bigger, but what about his baburao? he won't advertise about that, would he?
You mean his baburao growing obese?....or is there some inverse correlation (as I pointed out a few weeks ago in some Kamasutra type ancient text)...like if your baburao is a midget...you get to be a king!...with harem full of women for your own torment
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratiksha View Post
Last week we paid a visit to our close friends in Dallas, TX. One of the friends we stayed with were moving to a newer district as the schools over there were exceedingly good. But they had many criteria one of them was always buy NE or N facing houses. Even if the house faces NE or N but has a water hole like swimming pool in the S or SE corner of the house is inauspicious for the people living in that home according to vastushastra.

I dont know how true Vastu Shastra or Feng Shui is, but some folks believe in it a lot. In a city like Mumbai or Pune, if you own a flat, how are you going to change which way the main door faces?

If you have a house even in the USA, it would be tough to change the direction unless you have bought the plot and then constructed the house. At that time you can define which way your house will face.
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:48 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Chapai, if all the houses could be constructed according to Vastu or feng shui, how will the charlatan practitioners of these arts make money? They make money on the "corrections" or "dosh removal" of the faults in construction. Hang a chime here, a buddha there and what not, and pay the consultation fees.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 13th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute

I personally donot believe in all this. But I dont argue with the people who believe in it as faith keeps some people going.

Vastushastra must have been valid in the olden days when there was no electricity or any other artificial light sources. Hence the East facing houses and west facing balconies.

But in todays world I dont think enemies/demons come from the south.

For me it is completely by intuition/sixth sense. When you enter a house you can feel the +ve or -ve vibes/energy that the house gives out. Also I like a lot of light in my house. Gloomy and dark houses are a no no for me. Also the area in which your house is in gives a certain feeling, like whether the area is bright and lively or gloomy and dull.

Fengshui I am not sure of. But I had seen something on television it seems in fengshui if you have a small "panchdhatu"bell in the house with a hammer and you ring that bell once @ dawn and once @dusk purifies the house
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Chapai, if all the houses could be constructed according to Vastu or feng shui, how will the charlatan practitioners of these arts make money? They make money on the "corrections" or "dosh removal" of the faults in construction. Hang a chime here, a buddha there and what not, and pay the consultation fees.
So true and there are gullible or should I say "believers" out there who make them rich
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
In a city like Mumbai or Pune, if you own a flat, how are you going to change which way the main door faces?
oh but you can always put a seedi thru the sundaaz window noh ? and demand that guests come thru that way only - saanp ka saanp seedi ka seedi
fing shu bhi kush vastiya bhi OK
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
eCharchan

santra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratiksha View Post

I have seen lots of Indian in bay area believe in this while buying a home. Other trend I have noticed is not buying home on 'T' junction. As chinese believe it brings bad omen. In south bay most of the buyers are chinese and Indians hence Indians started following chinese belief. I guess long term planning when they would like to sell their home in future sitting on 'T' chinese won't go fo it hence losing potential buyers.

In south bay typically homes sales fast even in bad economy in couple of weeks. But if it is sitting on 'T' then it takes a while also it is factored in the price of the home.
Old April 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
oh but you can always put a seedi thru the sundaaz window noh ? and demand that guests come thru that way only - saanp ka saanp seedi ka seedi

Prabhu, Aap great hain...:bow to thee:

Old April 14th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wah wah .. what logic..

I think I can ask my apartment folks to change the setting of my commode to face South.. Maasst sanddaaas hoyegi
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And do sundaas at the main entrance ... wah wah ... genius prabhu!! North-south ka locha ich nahin..
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Wah wah .. what logic..

I think I can ask my apartment folks to change the setting of my commode to face South.. Maasst sanddaaas hoyegi
Why? You wanna receive Dish TV signals from your commode ?