eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old December 19th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I do not know about US. But here where I live a minimum wage is a minimum wage. Say, if I get a nanny from Philippines, I am supposed to pay her a minimum wage, say $900 a month. That does not include food/accommodation, vacation and sick days. Those are all extras. We do not get to pay her $450 because I am giving her food etc which will add up to $900. At least thats how it works here. And if I do get caught paying $450, then let me assure you, I can very well be booked under human trafficking (criminal offense). I have seen this happen. Since it was not a high profile case, regular protocols were followed.
Thats not true .. you can deduct living expenses from the wage, if the employee is given the option of finding their own accomodations and its not the employers requirement that they be present on site all the time. Au pairs are a great example of this. They get to live and eat for free. And they get paid a stipend which is typically below minimum wage.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
Rakhiji not sure if you and I have to prove anything but some folks here, they are so disgruntled that they did not get their green card for a long time.. and are still in that horrible exploited coder mode.. hmm and jealousy is something that should not be flaunted but hey they can only flaunt what they have. Rational arguments they don't, rational thoughts they don't and whats more, brains err was in short supply when they were manufactured.. but then you see try hard.. give the 90% reservations, they will still get 20% marks and flaunt their (sanitation) engineering certificate.. poor souls. Even god gave up what can we poor mortals do!!
No, its just that he keeps making ridiculous statements about so called "gultis" ALL the time and he has absolutely no problem with generalizations there but when it comes to actual question (has she matched minimum wage), suddenly her dignity comes into question. I really do wonder if she was from Andhra, he would have said "I knew this...all from that state are crooks"..(I dont know where she is from yet).

If she were indeed innocent, then give hell to the maid who has caused the trauma! I have been saying since post#1 that strip search was not necessary yet I am being called "holier than though attitude and what not"...whats the difference between him and anyone else whom he is so against?
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Thats not true .. you can deduct living expenses from the wage, if the employee is given the option of finding their own accomodations and its not the employers requirement that they be present on site all the time. Au pairs are a great example of this. They get to live and eat for free. And they get paid a stipend which is typically below minimum wage.
In Canada? are you sure? ALL the employment agencies here tell otherwise. At least for nannies not sure about others.
As a matter of fact, I am supposed to pay for her visa, tickets, her pick up etc too.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Canada? are you sure? ALL the employment agencies here tell otherwise. At least for nannies not sure about others.
As a matter of fact, I am supposed to pay for her visa, tickets, her pick up etc too.
Yes, you have to pay for tickets visa, annual trip home etc etc. But she does NOT have to live with you if you have her on regular work hours (40 hours a week). If you require her to be on call 24/7 then yes, she has to live with you and you probably cant charge her rent.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Yes, you have to pay for tickets visa, annual trip home etc etc. But she does NOT have to live with you if you have her on regular work hours (40 hours a week). If you require her to be on call 24/7 then yes, she has to live with you and you probably cant charge her rent.
This was not what our agencies told when we checked for nannies for my LO before deciding on daycare. It was coming to $900 (excluding food and boarding). Not sure what changed in 2 years but even our lawyer said minimum wage+food+boarding. She wil be working from 7 AM to 5 :30 PM
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
This was not what our agencies told when we checked for nannies for my LO before deciding on daycare. It was coming to $900 (excluding food and boarding). Not sure what changed in 2 years but even our lawyer said minimum wage+food+boarding. She wil be working from 7 AM to 5 :30 PM
That works out to about $5 an hour - I thought min wage in CA is about $10 per hour. Either your math is wron or mine is.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
That works out to about $5 an hour - I thought min wage in CA is about $10 per hour. Either your math is wron or mine is.
thats why i kept saying "say" 900....i didnt say it "is" 900.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:50 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, its just that he keeps making ridiculous statements about so called "gultis" ALL the time and he has absolutely no problem with generalizations there but when it comes to actual question (has she matched minimum wage), suddenly her dignity comes into question. I really do wonder if she was from Andhra, he would have said "I knew this...all from that state are crooks"..(I dont know where she is from yet).
some examples of rationality.. I hope Rakhi and GPel will enjoy.

Pelu's rationality (read justification) of corruption in private sector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL
Mere ko ye samajh nahi aa raha shakti tera problem kyaa hai..

You are evidently already working there.. and you say they are "techically incapable" therefore not a replacement for you.. so what is the purpose/motivating factor for you to pee on their party? Just sheer jealousy or just I cannot do it so why should I let them thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL
Kochan remains.. kaam ho riyaa hai.. hyd mein 10 log ko employment mil riyaa hai.. so WHAT IS YOUR -PROBLEM!!!!!!!
I never said ALL gults.. see again you are reading what you want.. like everybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
I was just pulling your leg pelu bhai.. I know you are not from Hyd.. same like me.. I know good amount of Kannada having stayed in Bangalore for 8-9 yrs.

But coming back to the issue.. my point was that where will people stop? Not all gults are like that but seriously when will I meet a honest one in US? I am convinced now that Biharis are not as corrupt as Andhraites.

LINK
are you gonna eat your words now? I guess not..

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 19th, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

So I was right......Here reported in your own Indian newspaper...........

Quote:
Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade may be lying on body cavity search?

Confirming Devyani Khobragade was strip-searched, a US government official has denied "there was any body cavity search". "From what we have been able to confirm, a strip search did take place. However, no cavity search took place," Nikki Credic, spokesperson for the US Marshal Service that held Devyani Khobragade in detention, told The Indian Express over phone.

Devyani has claimed she was subjected to a strip search as well as a cavity search. Credic said, "There is a difference between the two. She may not know the difference. But whatever happened was all as per rules."
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/in...arch-/1209526/

So much for your fuking patriotism......If that bitch represents India than she should be arrested by Indian government for making India look bad. Basically, we are saying , if you are in higher position , it is okay to take law in your hand. In that case the Supreme court judge should be allowed to get away with rape.....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

Last edited by dirty; December 19th, 2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Quote:
thats why i kept saying "say" 900....i didnt say it "is" 900.

Huh?? What am I missing??
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi ...

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/fore...ers/caregiver/

Here are the details. You have to pay minimum wage but you CAN deduct meal and lodging expenses up to a certain limit. So net-net you will pay less than minimum wage.
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Kali and I have conspired to make this thread a crown winner.. honors and bragging rights details to be announce soon by the mods.
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM

Pelu bhai.. apun ko GC nahi chahiye, apply kiyela hai but I wish it gets rejected

aur apun SC/ST nahi hai.. to bolo jo bolna hai.. koi vanda nahi. lekin tum log bhi to mil ke generalize kar rahe ho .. mere ko bolne se pehle apne anti mein dekh lo.. xmas tree ki shiny balls dikh jayegi

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 19th, 2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Pelu bhai.. apun ko GC nahi chahiye, apply kiyela hai but I wish it gets rejected
You dont have to wish .. just call them and withdraw your application. ya phir details mujhe bhej de, I will do this for you, free of charge. Dost kab kaam aayenge??

Ab chutiya banana band kar .. aur INS devta ki pooja kar.
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Kali and I have conspired to make this thread a crown winner.. honors and bragging rights details to be announce soon by the mods.
What the hell are the mods doing? Kitna time lenge? charbi/susti ho gayee hai...