eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old December 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

JustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Coffee time incident

A couple of weeks ago, after dinner we (Wife and me) are taking a walk by the beach and go into a coffee place and i am placing my request for a coffee and a tea. The person behind me looks at me and says, "Hi, how are you doing?" I look at him trying to figure out who he was and say " Good, how are you?" he says "Great, so what are you doing now a days" and i am completely puzzled now. I dont remember seeing this 50 something person anytime in my life, though i did not feel it was appropriate to ask him who he was, I just said " yeah, just working for some firm, nothing great" and to know who he is, i ask, "so what are you upto?", He replies "Just the same I was doing before, no change".

So we say good byes and i collect my coffee and tea and leave. Now this has never happened to me before, that i couldn't recognise a person i have met before.

He seemed quite confident about knowing me but i have no recollection of this guy.

Now i think that maybe this guy confused me for someone else or I just have no recollection of someone I met.

Has this ever happened to you?
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coffee time incident

Was that guy an american (non-desi)? For them one desi is the same as another. I was at the airport checking in and the guy behind the counter asks me if I have a problem. No problem, I say. And he asks me why I am back. I say, I just got here and am checking in. And he says, you were here just a couple of minutes back. And I say, no I was not. And he says, I can swear that you were

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

JustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeJustaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Was that guy an american (non-desi)? For them one desi is the same as another. I was at the airport checking in and the guy behind the counter asks me if I have a problem. No problem, I say. And he asks me why I am back. I say, I just got here and am checking in. And he says, you were here just a couple of minutes back. And I say, no I was not. And he says, I can swear that you were
He was a gora Kiwi, but noone has confused me in the past through but maybe what you say is true with this guy.
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaGuy View Post
A couple of weeks ago, after dinner we (Wife and me) are taking a walk by the beach and go into a coffee place and i am placing my request for a coffee and a tea. The person behind me looks at me and says, "Hi, how are you doing?" I look at him trying to figure out who he was and say " Good, how are you?" he says "Great, so what are you doing now a days" and i am completely puzzled now. I dont remember seeing this 50 something person anytime in my life, though i did not feel it was appropriate to ask him who he was, I just said " yeah, just working for some firm, nothing great" and to know who he is, i ask, "so what are you upto?", He replies "Just the same I was doing before, no change".

So we say good byes and i collect my coffee and tea and leave. Now this has never happened to me before, that i couldn't recognise a person i have met before.

He seemed quite confident about knowing me but i have no recollection of this guy.

Now i think that maybe this guy confused me for someone else or I just have no recollection of someone I met.

Does your wife know him and was he addressing you two as a couple? Many people talk to me as if they have known me for years. It is just their style I guess.
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Something like this has happened to me. Except the guy who spoke to me like he knew me was my own age! All the while during our conversation, I kept thinking to myself and trying to recollect this person... we talked for quite a while and then he asks me, "do you actually remember me?" And I thought for a minute before saying, "No, I honestly don't... I'm sorry!" Then this person gives me some link which was too far-fetched anyway... So at least I didn't feel bad about not being able to recognise him!
Old December 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritvani View Post
Does your wife know him and was he addressing you two as a couple? Many people talk to me as if they have known me for years. It is just their style I guess.
No, I was the only one in the shop, my wife was outside the shop.

so it looks like i am not the only one to have faced a situation like this.
Old December 21st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Once it happened to me. I politely said, I am sorry, I know you from somewhere but I am unable to pin point; would you be kind enough to remind me your name?
Old December 21st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was a gora Kiwi, but noone has confused me in the past through but maybe what you say is true with this guy.
classic murarilal incident..have you seen movie Anand?

btw, werent you planning on coming back to India? ditched the plan?
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:33 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
classic murarilal incident..have you seen movie Anand?

btw, werent you planning on coming back to India? ditched the plan?
Ok, now this morning, while i was doing my driver duty (for my wife), It occured to me that this guys feels like a mechanic i used to go to when i first came to NZ in 2000. So i drive past the garage and there he is.

Now how is it this guy recognised me after 10 years is something i dont understand. It wasnt like I ran away without paying or did something to stick in his memory like that.

Ok, regarding your other question, let me update on the other thread.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 07:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now how is it this guy recognised me after 10 years is something i dont understand. It wasnt like I ran away without paying or did something to stick in his memory like that.
some people just have that kind of memory. The resource manager in my first company was one such person. She met me once at the time of my first allocation for less than 2 min, that too indirectly, I was meeting her boss at that time.

the next time I met her 3 years later and she could not only tell my name straight off the bat, but also what were my two privous assignments and how I had come to meet her boss.... This when her age was 35-37!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
the next time I met her 3 years later and she could not only tell my name straight off the bat, but also what were my two privous assignments and how I had come to meet her boss.... This when her age was 35-37!
But your name is really funny, KKKK, no wonder she remembered.

Sorry, still having my first cup of coffee.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
But your name is really funny, KKKK, no wonder she remembered.

Sorry, still having my first cup of coffee.

remembering name, not a problem rakhiji. remembering face matching that name and the history.... terrific!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

haa haa ... to pooch leyte na ... ab mujhe bhi curiosity ho rahi hai kay akhir woh tha koun
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, now this morning, while i was doing my driver duty (for my wife), It occured to me that this guys feels like a mechanic i used to go to when i first came to NZ in 2000. So i drive past the garage and there he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soniya 2 View Post
haa haa ... to pooch leyte na ... ab mujhe bhi curiosity ho rahi hai kay akhir woh tha koun

you dont read the thread ...do you..
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
you dont read the thread ...do you..
Yeah i do read the whole thread ..Oh i didnot read the reply u quoted . My bad .