eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim arranged marraiges

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

Bohot kitabein parhi hain na , kahein yeh quote parha hai?
Nice quote .. long time not heard it.

But if rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength, then rudeness is the weak woman's imitation of men.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

Bohot kitabein parhi hain na , kahein yeh quote parha hai?
Ah, Soniyi tai... you so perfectly defined yourself Read this quote first time here now... but it makes so much sense in explaining you

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute

Last Dec when I was visiting India via Heathrow-England , I saw black burkah cladded women and also their mullah (typical goat beard, skull caps, long flowing black gowns and grey pathani pants) with their 5 kids. If I remember correctly 3 daughters and two sons. The woman was fair, above average looking, spoke impeccable english in British accent. But her husband was a soorma from Mumbai-India(as they were on my flight), the typical dharavi style mullah. Yuck, how do these women survive....

Oh BTW, I was scared because I thought they might be Suicide Bombers....
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratiksha View Post
Last Dec when I was visiting India via Heathrow-England , I saw black burkah cladded women and also their mullah (typical goat beard, skull caps, long flowing black gowns and grey pathani pants) with their 5 kids. If I remember correctly 3 daughters and two sons. The woman was fair, above average looking, spoke impeccable english in British accent. But her husband was a soorma from Mumbai-India(as they were on my flight), the typical dharavi style mullah. Yuck, how do these women survive....

Oh BTW, I was scared because I thought they might be Suicide Bombers....

Yeah, if you are educated , strong n your man is not nice to you just leave him.
You do not need to raise his kids and become his maid.

Marry and re-marry ...keep marrying, keep making mistakes till the day you meet your mr.right n even if you do not thats okay. shit happens
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Nice quote .. long time not heard it.

But if rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength, then rudeness is the weak woman's imitation of men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Ah, Soniyi tai... you so perfectly defined yourself Read this quote first time here now... but it makes so much sense in explaining you
ha ha ... not funny
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dusre ki larki pe charho aur apni beti ko sambhal ke rakho
you can say that for Indians, if you think that way. Pukis to apni beti pe bhi chadte hain.

P.S. Viking bro, ye muslim marraiges ka thread kyon chalu kiya ...there was another thread about it already.... that "context" ..and "go die" wala.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
you can say that for Indians, if you think that way. Pukis to apni beti pe bhi chadte hain.

P.S. Viking bro, ye muslim marraiges ka thread kyon chalu kiya ...there was another thread about it already.... that "context" ..and "go die" wala.
lo aa gayi saath ke ghar wali farzana baji gossip karne

hahahahahahhahahahhaa
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Alhumdulliah i am a very strong woman. And the best part is i know that. So stop worrying about me or my life , or my husband. I know what to do and how to do it
Quote:

Marry and re-marry ...keep marrying, keep making mistakes till the day you meet your mr.right n even if you do not thats okay. shit happens
Your Alhumdilbulliah made sure that women... yes even strong women... cannot divorce. If you think I am wrong, check with your local kat-mullah. You have two options... what are you going to choose

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Your Alhumdilbulliah made sure that women... yes even strong women... cannot divorce. If you think I am wrong, check with your local kat-mullah. You have two options... what are you going to choose
Wake -up , i recently ended my engagement.

everyone was against me for doing it , I might have done something wrong but i did it coz i wanted to do it.l could not see my self with that man . Simple.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

everyone was against me for doing it , I might have done something wrong but i did it coz i wanted to do it.l could not see my self with that man . Simple.
That's really brave of you Sonia. I am proud of you.
Women should take a call when they dont feel that the man is right.

I also want to add that I am proud of you for being from Pakistan and standing up to all the guys here, who constantly belittle you (for fun sake or otherwise).
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:

It will be very strong of you to say the truth to yourself. So why were everyone against your ending your engagement? I know... mostly it will be "society kya kahegi" kind of statements... but what did the local kat-mullah say, if he was involved... what threats did he issue?

Again, you are a strong lady... just going down the wrong path. The religion does not look upon strong ladies in a favorable light... history has shown it time and again.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It will be very strong of you to say the truth to yourself. So why were everyone against your ending your engagement? I know... mostly it will be "society kya kahegi" kind of statements... but what did the local kat-mullah say, if he was involved... what threats did he issue?

Again, you are a strong lady... just going down the wrong path. The religion does not look upon strong ladies in a favorable light... history has shown it time and again.
the red part of the statement holds true even in India sane. Not just in pakistan.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post

I also want to add that I am proud of you for being from Pakistan and standing up to all the guys here, who constantly belittle you (for fun sake or otherwise).
I am disappointed that you would make such a comment. You have nothing but praises to say to someone who belittles herself constantly... and all you can call us is comedians

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
the red part of the statement holds true even in India sane. Not just in pakistan.
It holds true everywhere in the world, not just India and pukestan. What's your point

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I am disappointed that you would make such a comment. You have nothing but praises to say to someone who belittles herself constantly... and all you can call us is comedians
Where did she belittle heself? If she did, she did that far less times than the times others did that to her.
She keeps saying she is strong...and she keeps telling off people who push her (peaceseeker in this thread).

And i didnt call anyone a comedian.

Quote:
It holds true everywhere in the world, not just India and pukestan. What's your point
My point is, women in Pakistan are suppressed, true. But there are women who are brave enough to stand up against suppression. Example Sonia.
For that, we dont have to drag her asking what her priest/mullah had said.
Why did you assume she was threatened?