eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old February 11th, 2017, 01:07 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Air India crew takes away buffet food in boxes, says UK hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Agree.

On my last trip on return, plane was 1/4 or more empty.
I had pre requested Non-Veg meal, the air hostess gave me veg. So very politely I asked her my preference. And she told me they are out of non-veg. I'm like seriously!! I asked ahead when I booked. She's...Oh, Lemme check. And then brought me non-veg. And No drinks either even upon asking twice, Oh....lemme get it...never showed up.
I had a very different experience in 2006. I got upgraded to Business Class. I was actually trying to get in when they announced business class can board, when the guy at the gate said that upgrades are not included then.

I had requested veg meal and some 5 minutes into my meal, i asked what it was when they said it was chicken curry.
They did ultimately give me a veg meal and took away the non veg meal. though they got confused at my attempt to have both the meals though

In all of 2005-2007, i found that Air India was more liberal in serving Beer than Phoren airlines.
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:31 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Buffet food to take home ? Never heard that.
AFAIK Buffet is eat as much as you can eat here.
In one of the hotels i stayed, many used to serve themselves and take it outside or to rooms but non in boxes.
Old February 12th, 2017, 09:06 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

On this India trip I had the misfortune of being on an Air India domestic flight on 26th Jan out of Delhi.. Due to republic day parade they delayed the flight as no flights can take off when air show happens.. so for a 10am flight I have gotten up at 5am, out of home at 6:30am and checked in at 8am.. now exactly at 10:05 they say flight is delayed till 1pm when they get clearance to fly out of Delhi.. till then all flights are grounded.

I ask them to provide breakfast as they would have had we been on the flight.. they say sorry we can't arrange for over 100 passengers, so I went to the food court and had a dosa.. we finally fly at 1pm and mofos serve breakfast. so I landed at 3:30pm and had lunch at around 4:30pm in the hotel.. not too late by Indian standards.
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:11 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Long ago, just once, I flew on Air India from Singapore to Mumbai. I was travelling from San Francisco to Mumbai and the last leg was on a 'code sharing' basis with Air India.

I can remember that flight till date.
1) Many Indian passengers were behaving very rudely with the staff - "Aye, idhaar aa... mereko yeh leke aa" and then looking lewdly at the air hostesses

2) A few of them behind my seats created a group like they do in local trains to play cards. The seat belt sign was on but these assholes were behaving like they are in Virar fast local from Churchgate.

3) Air hostesses had general apathy towards the passengers, so even the well behaved passengers suffered.

4) Two passengers kept asking for drinks and finally got sloshed. Then they started behaving very rudely and were quite noisy.

So yes, few of our own Indians behave very cheap and are a cause for general crappy service on Air India. The rest of the deficiencies in crappy service are fulfilled by Air India air crew. So its a lose-lose situation.
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Banned

prajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant future

^^^

I had a same experience long ago,…

I had, long ago traveled from US to India,….. ( British + Gulf air connection ) and I guess after London,… the plane was changed to the Gulf air connection flight,…
The plane made stop, almost every 1-2 hours at Muscat, AbuDhabi, Tehran, Bahrain, Kuwait and where not,…

And they filled the over passengers, without any seats available, who seems like,.. our poor dehatis/rabaari/bharwaadis…… who entered the plane with their gathadi-bistara-potla like any villagers with a laathi and,…. lay down near the planes’ WC, just like a train in a crows sited, as if doing potty and sleeping on each other in a heap, even,..... ! I quit going to go to the Toilet, as it was not possible,..

Woh mera Flight ka naya naya experience thaa,........ Fir bhi sallah pata hi nahin chala ki,…. Sallah, plane hai ki train !! Plane mein bhi kya-kuchh aisa hota hoga ! Hum ne toh socha, ki sallah kuchh naya hota hoga,.. !!! Bade boore fanse Mazaal !

/

Recently, watched Piggy's KWK show ( 2 weeks ago, broadcasted ) and this Fart-arse arrogant, blacky-sheedy-shitt was denied ( in her own words ) to use the first class toilet in one plane, when by returning from the shoot of Quantico,.. and was told by an air-hostess to go in the back Toilet, meant for third-class people !! Hahahahha. It was funny to listen to her, in her own words,...

/

Last edited by prajapati; February 13th, 2017 at 06:49 AM.