eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 25th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,865
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Sometimes big and sometimes small.
For example, if you went to get coffee and the place was closed earlier than usual, do you make extra effort to walk to another place? or you just head home?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 25th, 2017, 11:13 AM
swami's Avatar
swami swami is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,846
swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Lately when things go wrong I tell myself there must be some good reason behind it.
Whatever be the reason or no reason but it works as a psychological balm for me.
__________________
There are four kinds of people to avoid in the world: the assholes, the asswipes, the ass-kissers, and those that just will shit all over you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 25th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,865
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Lately when things go wrong I tell myself there must be some good reason behind it.
Whatever be the reason or no reason but it works as a psychological balm for me.
Ya but in the long-term, everything adjusts itself regardless of what happens now. So perhaps there is no reason behind everything that happens?
been wondering about it lately.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 25th, 2017, 11:43 AM
swami's Avatar
swami swami is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,846
swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

But when you say everything happens for a reason you indirectly talk about being lucky or unlucky.
__________________
There are four kinds of people to avoid in the world: the assholes, the asswipes, the ass-kissers, and those that just will shit all over you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 25th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Napolean Napolean is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 8,661
Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

I don't believe in that. I think everything happens due to a man made reason only.

Good topic .
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 26th, 2017, 05:09 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,865
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I don't believe in that. I think everything happens due to a man made reason only.

Good topic .
why does everyone keeps saying everything happens for a reason? Oh your dog has cancer? Dont worry, everything happens for a reason.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 26th, 2017, 06:12 AM
Jaggudada's Avatar
Jaggudada Jaggudada is offline
Junior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 234
Jaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
if you went to get coffee and the place was closed earlier than usual, do you make extra effort to walk to another place? or you just head home?
Really bad example

If you went to a different place and while there a bought a lottery and hit it then you could say the 1st shop was closed for a reason.

If you head home and then heard about some shooting in that area, you could say it happened for a reason.

In any case, everything happens for a reason is a positive way to think. The stuff that's already happened, you can't do anything about it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 26th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Zorro's Avatar
Zorro Zorro is offline
Hasa Diga Eebowai
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motor City
Posts: 1,633
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

You are basically asking, is there such a thing as destiny? When someone says that everything happens for a reason, it basically means that it was destined to happen -- so it happened.

Honi ko kaun taal sakta hai?
Taqdeer me jo likha hai wo hi hoga.
Wohi hota hai jo manzoore khuda hota hai.

Yes, I believe in destiny. But I also believe that your actions / deeds define your destiny. You shall reap what you sow. Karma.
__________________
"Hippies. They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad." - Eric Cartman.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,098
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Sometimes big and sometimes small.
For example, if you went to get coffee and the place was closed earlier than usual, do you make extra effort to walk to another place? or you just head home?
Well, that hasn't happened with coffee but with haircut. I go to cut my hair and the place is closed... I just go home.

But I have already posted a theory on this concept... as to why things happen. It is all a matter of life and death. Every decision you take is a matter of life and death. You survive by making the right decision all your life and then suddenly you make a wrong decision... and you are out.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,865
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggudada View Post

In any case, everything happens for a reason is a positive way to think. The stuff that's already happened, you can't do anything about it.
So its got nothing to do with "happening for a reason"?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,865
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Yes, I believe in destiny. But I also believe that your actions / deeds define your destiny. You shall reap what you sow. Karma.
I am talking small things too, like not having coffee in the morning can be very inconvenient for some. Do you write if off as 'karma' or 'perhaps I am just not meant to have it'?

This cant be destiny. You are destined to have coffee. You just didnt get it. See where I am getting at?

P.S: coffee is a bad example, but i hope you see the point.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,865
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Well, that hasn't happened with coffee but with haircut. I go to cut my hair and the place is closed... I just go home.

But I have already posted a theory on this concept... as to why things happen. It is all a matter of life and death. Every decision you take is a matter of life and death. You survive by making the right decision all your life and then suddenly you make a wrong decision... and you are out.
This would be appropriate for having repercussions. I am not talking about the end result. I am talking about the things happening. I dont know if I am articulating it well enough for you to understand. its happening, but is it happening all for a reason?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Jaggudada's Avatar
Jaggudada Jaggudada is offline
Junior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 234
Jaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
So its got nothing to do with "happening for a reason"?
Let's say you miss a flight and that flight crashes. People will say, you missed the flight for a reason. What reason is there for happening or not happening?
If there is some higher power which wanted to kill you then why would he send you to airport etc, he could do it anywhere? There is no rhyme or reason for happening. It's how we see it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,865
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggudada View Post
Let's say you miss a flight and that flight crashes. People will say, you missed the flight for a reason. What reason is there for happening or not happening?
If there is some higher power which wanted to kill you then why would he send you to airport etc, he could do it anywhere? There is no rhyme or reason for happening. It's how we see it.
I agree. I dont think so either that there is any reasoning behind what happens.
You miss a flight and you didnt die. what about the man who made it? The reason he made the flight is to die? No, he made it to the flight because he bought the ticket.

I think this karma concept is not applicable here.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Zorro's Avatar
Zorro Zorro is offline
Hasa Diga Eebowai
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motor City
Posts: 1,633
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I am talking small things too, like not having coffee in the morning can be very inconvenient for some. Do you write if off as 'karma' or 'perhaps I am just not meant to have it'?

This cant be destiny. You are destined to have coffee. You just didnt get it. See where I am getting at?

P.S: coffee is a bad example, but i hope you see the point.
For such small things -- the reasoning is simple. You did not get coffee at that store because it was closed - period. No need to analyze any other reason behind that -- just go to another store.
__________________
"Hippies. They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad." - Eric Cartman.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Site up and down intermittently - the reason! echarcha Feedback 7 October 21st, 2015 10:24 AM
What is the main reason for rape ? Budmaas Bargain Basement 90 March 5th, 2015 11:12 AM
One more reason to not use Facebook echarcha Computing 149 March 4th, 2013 10:40 PM
Reason Behind E-charcha max de Indiana Feedback 14 February 25th, 2005 09:06 AM
AOL reason for NOT paying VAT in UK loverboy260 Computing 3 December 11th, 2003 11:58 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.