eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old September 16th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big ass $$$ Indians living in Columbus OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
Indians work very hard... harder than most... for those SUV's big houses and Honda Accord's/Camry's...

I can generalize to a large extant that for most desis their work is their identity in the US.. is the only reason why they are here. don't know anything else and after a point in time don't know how to enjoy anything else either.. all those years eating roti/sambar-rice at the desk and coding/working late hours means spare dollars for above SUV's/houses and cars..

so please take your jealous/idle/asses and go look somewhere else if you want to complain - coz we have paid for those material things in blood sweat and tears..
Mere aankhon mein aansoo aa gaye... as I read your post, while eating sambar-rice at my desk. And yes, I see my Corolla right outside my window while eating. You have hit the nail, Razorrani pai

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 16th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
Indians work very hard... harder than most... for those SUV's big houses and Honda Accord's/Camry's...

I can generalize to a large extant that for most desis their work is their identity in the US.. is the only reason why they are here. don't know anything else and after a point in time don't know how to enjoy anything else either.. all those years eating roti/sambar-rice at the desk and coding/working late hours means spare dollars for above SUV's/houses and cars..

so please take your jealous/idle/asses and go look somewhere else if you want to complain - coz we have paid for those material things in blood sweat and tears..
The idiot on one side says that Indians work for cheap and on other says we earn more and that is the reason why Indians are able to afford big cars. I think he is a trailer trash in bred red neck from alabama.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old September 17th, 2016, 11:18 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Mere aankhon mein aansoo aa gaye... as I read your post, while eating sambar-rice at my desk. And yes, I see my Corolla right outside my window while eating. You have hit the nail, Razorrani pai
what??? you own a Corolla you aren't Dan Bilzerian or Bond nowhere close either i thought you were richie rich & had started dreaming of getting down & dirty in your beautiful damsel- your Aston Martin DB5 or the Lamborghini Huracan anyhow, hope that chariot of yours is not all dented & bruised

p.s. sambar-rice is cool how do you eat tho -spoon/fork/hands?
Old September 19th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
what??? you own a Corolla you aren't Dan Bilzerian or Bond nowhere close either i thought you were richie rich & had started dreaming of getting down & dirty in your beautiful damsel- your Aston Martin DB5 or the Lamborghini Huracan anyhow, hope that chariot of yours is not all dented & bruised

ek post mein pure thread ki vaat laga dali...

the concern is blogs like this start affecting even rational people after a time. thats the sort of thing that the likes of trump exploit.

so, how do we show that Indians are hard working? perhaps posters advertising medicine for carpel tunnel scattered around the park? posters could articulate the carpel tunnel happens because of working on keyboards for loooooooonnnnnnnggg duration and point them to medicines/exercises etc....
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No no no no... that is my other self... the suave, dignified self that rides around town in a merc... all nice and cool... expensive looking. This is my hard-working, sweaty side... daily work trip in corolla, eating sambar-rice with hands at my desk... browsing echarcha.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 20th, 2016, 04:37 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

[quote=kkkk;680627]ek post mein pure thread ki vaat laga dali...

i plead non-guilty janaab! sane started the fire not me .. he is the one always hijacking all the threads ... not me
Old September 20th, 2016, 04:37 AM
be badass

Quote:
No no no no... that is my other self... the suave, dignified self that rides around town in a merc... all nice and cool... expensive looking. This is my hard-working, sweaty side... daily work trip in corolla, eating sambar-rice with hands at my desk... browsing echarcha.
*gasp* you own a Mercedes? wow! pardon me if i tend to lech at your beauty when we meet what color, btw? also, promise me a longggggg drive? please please

p.s. what's up with you, btw? you don't sound your usual self sab khairiyat??
Old September 20th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
*gasp* you own a Mercedes? wow! pardon me if i tend to lech at your beauty when we meet what color, btw? also, promise me a longggggg drive? please please

p.s. what's up with you, btw? you don't sound your usual self sab khairiyat??
I can bring my merc... but I usually take my Odyssey for kidnapping expeditions. It will be easier to bundle you up in the back... and go on that longgggggg drive

Sab khairiyat Should be. It is just an ID. Wonder what can go wrong

Old September 20th, 2016, 09:26 AM
be badass

Quote:
I can bring my merc... but I usually take my Odyssey for kidnapping expeditions. It will be easier to bundle you up in the back... and go on that longgggggg drive

Sab khairiyat Should be. It is just an ID. Wonder what can go wrong
i thought I'd made it clear, we'll have a no abduction policy ... only if i ain't cooperating, you kidnap me

p.s. no sentences starting with tai/pai no naamkarans either tere ID se we don't expect this
Old September 20th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
i thought I'd made it clear, we'll have a no abduction policy ... only if i ain't cooperating, you kidnap me

p.s. no sentences starting with tai/pai no naamkarans either tere ID se we don't expect this
It is a tough policy... but I can live and abide by it. But remember the sub-clause. You ain't cooperating, you get a knock on your head. Remember that. Same goes for me too... though you may not have an Odyssey.

Msshmaanja tai, nothing like that. Sometimes I just do not address any echan... just not needed.

Old September 20th, 2016, 10:52 AM
be badass

Quote:
It is a tough policy... but I can live and abide by it. But remember the sub-clause. You ain't cooperating, you get a knock on your head. Remember that. Same goes for me too... though you may not have an Odyssey.

Msshmaanja tai, nothing like that. Sometimes I just do not address any echan... just not needed.
c'mon, i always have Shakespeare on my mind the knocking won't be necessary expect full cooperation!

p.s. Msshmanja sounds so mushy mushy ... now that's what makes this post doggone juicy
Old September 23rd, 2016, 06:39 AM
Junior eCharchan

Activation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these parts
Question Re: Big ass $$$ Indians living in Columbus OH

Quote:
c'mon, i always have Shakespeare on my mind the knocking won't be necessary expect full cooperation!

p.s. Msshmanja sounds so mushy mushy ... now that's what makes this post doggone juicy
It is rumoured that Tolstoy hated Shakespeare.

Excerpt from an essay attributed to Tolstoy:

I remember the astonishment I felt when I first read Shakespeare. I expected to receive a powerful aesthetic pleasure, but having read, one after the other, works regarded as his best: “King Lear,” “Romeo and Juliet,” “Hamlet” and “Macbeth,” not only did I feel no delight, but I felt an irresistible repulsion and tedium, and doubted as to whether I was senseless in feeling works regarded as the summit of perfection by the whole of the civilized world to be trivial and positively bad, or whether the significance which this civilized world attributes to the works of Shakespeare was itself senseless. My consternation was increased by the fact that I always keenly felt the beauties of poetry in every form; then why should artistic works recognized by the whole world as those of a genius—the works of Shakespeare—not only fail to please me, but be disagreeable to me! For a long time I could not believe in myself, and during fifty years, in order to test myself, I several times recommenced reading Shakespeare in every possible form, in Russian, in English, in German and in Schlegel’s translation, as I was advised. Several times I read the dramas and the comedies and historical plays, and I invariably underwent the same feelings: repulsion, weariness, and bewilderment. At the present time, being desirous once more to test myself, I have, as an old man of seventy-five, again read the whole of Shakespeare, including the historical plays, the “Henrys,” “Troilus and Cressida,” the “Tempest,” “Cymbeline,” and I have felt, with even greater force, the same feelings—this time, however, not of bewilderment, but of firm, indubitable conviction that the unquestionable glory of a great genius which Shakespeare enjoys, and which compels writers of our time to imitate him and readers and spectators to discover in him non-existent merits—thereby distorting their aesthetic and ethical understanding—is a great evil, as is every untruth. Although I know that the majority of people so firmly believe in the greatness of Shakespeare that in reading this judgment of mine they will not admit even the possibility of its justice, and will not give it the slightest attention, nevertheless I will endeavor, as well as I can, to show why I believe that Shakespeare can not be recognized either as a great genius, or even as an average author….
"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."
Old September 24th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Junior eCharchan

zMastah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activation Mail View Post
It is rumoured that Tolstoy hated Shakespeare.

Excerpt from an essay attributed to Tolstoy:

I remember the astonishment I felt when I first read Shakespeare. I expected to receive a powerful aesthetic pleasure, but having read, one after the other, works regarded as his best: “King Lear,” “Romeo and Juliet,” “Hamlet” and “Macbeth,” not only did I feel no delight, but I felt an irresistible repulsion and tedium, and doubted as to whether I was senseless in feeling works regarded as the summit of perfection by the whole of the civilized world to be trivial and positively bad, or whether the significance which this civilized world attributes to the works of Shakespeare was itself senseless. My consternation was increased by the fact that I always keenly felt the beauties of poetry in every form; then why should artistic works recognized by the whole world as those of a genius—the works of Shakespeare—not only fail to please me, but be disagreeable to me! For a long time I could not believe in myself, and during fifty years, in order to test myself, I several times recommenced reading Shakespeare in every possible form, in Russian, in English, in German and in Schlegel’s translation, as I was advised. Several times I read the dramas and the comedies and historical plays, and I invariably underwent the same feelings: repulsion, weariness, and bewilderment. At the present time, being desirous once more to test myself, I have, as an old man of seventy-five, again read the whole of Shakespeare, including the historical plays, the “Henrys,” “Troilus and Cressida,” the “Tempest,” “Cymbeline,” and I have felt, with even greater force, the same feelings—this time, however, not of bewilderment, but of firm, indubitable conviction that the unquestionable glory of a great genius which Shakespeare enjoys, and which compels writers of our time to imitate him and readers and spectators to discover in him non-existent merits—thereby distorting their aesthetic and ethical understanding—is a great evil, as is every untruth. Although I know that the majority of people so firmly believe in the greatness of Shakespeare that in reading this judgment of mine they will not admit even the possibility of its justice, and will not give it the slightest attention, nevertheless I will endeavor, as well as I can, to show why I believe that Shakespeare can not be recognized either as a great genius, or even as an average author….
I hate Shakespeare too. Who talks like Thou Art .. and Et Tu.... and Cometh and Taketh. He doth not know english.
Old September 25th, 2016, 12:48 AM
Super eCharchan

Soorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Big ass $$$ Indians living in Columbus OH

Back to the discussion on big ass Indians living in Columbus ..Work is definitely a BIG part of one's identify ..however, sports , artistic taste and general knowledge is equally important

.It's time these desis hit the playing grounds and take a good interest in upkeep of this God given body apart from the work & monetary part.
Old September 26th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zMastah View Post
I hate Shakespeare too. Who talks like Thou Art .. and Et Tu.... and Cometh and Taketh. He doth not know english.
Its a matter of what era do you live in. go back 5-7 years and words like rapchik, ek number wouldn't be used in day to day conversations, but they are now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorma Bhopali View Post
Back to the discussion on big ass Indians living in Columbus ..Work is definitely a BIG part of one's identify ..however, sports , artistic taste and general knowledge is equally important

.It's time these desis hit the playing grounds and take a good interest in upkeep of this God given body apart from the work & monetary part.
errrrr isnt the article all about Indians on the sports ground - nudging out the non-Indians?