eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old September 19th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Time for culture change at EC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
My posts are best thing that happened to the board of yours

Moderating is a responsibility, if you can't do it, Pass it to someone else. I don't know whether you get paid or not, But you knew about that when you signed up, So why bring this up ?
Really without your posts we would had been dead.
We really feel blessed to have you here with us.
Old September 19th, 2015, 08:35 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I came across a post on other forums which provided us some interesting points for reflection.

True or false (on each item): These are the reasons cited for new members to feel unwelcome, uncomfortable and/or violated:

1. 15-20 old time active members run this forum like it's their baap ki basti.

2. Moderators are overwhelming new members with dadagiri - especially you two SS and Sgars. Swami is little more understanding, (but that's probably because of the osho effect)

3. Amtha and Dirty are always yelling and daatofying new members.
4. Too much vulgur language, in general. Everybody is opening galli-galoching echarcha (the owner).

6. Saneless is being saneless

7. Dirty earns way more than he deserves at $150+ an hour.

Members from other dead forums want to come to echarcha and call it home. They want to change our culture. Maybe we could use some improvement.

What say?
Provide your own true or false. If you have a grievance, you don't need to hide behind others.
Let them come. They won't be intimidated or unwelcome. Just tell them to not act oversmart from day one.
Old September 19th, 2015, 09:40 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

What crybabies! :P
Old September 19th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Provide your own true or false. If you have a grievance, you don't need to hide behind others.
Let them come. They won't be intimidated or unwelcome. Just tell them to not act oversmart from day one.
My honest opinion is that mods do a good job and they keep the site rolling. However, you guys are an excitable bunch. You people get offended easily. Chill giys, you should have thicker skins.

I'm not a big fan of banning or moderating people's opinions. But that's your call.

Old September 19th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Junior eCharchan

Jaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Thread closed?
Start a new one
Remember Jagmohan was banned 247 times but he never gave up
who gives a shit if Jagmohan was banned 247 times? Dr Phil is married like 55 times, he still advises people on relationship matters.

If you think it was about Jagmohan, you don't get the gravity of the matters. Principles are more important than Jagmohan.
Old September 19th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
corrected it for you
Thank you. I absolutely love the correction. What would we echans do without you We would have been dead

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 19th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggudada View Post
who gives a shit if Jagmohan was banned 247 times? Dr Phil is married like 55 times, he still advises people on relationship matters.

If you think it was about Jagmohan, you don't get the gravity of the matters. Principles are more important than Jagmohan.
I wrote a reply and deleted it when Melly's (smellyfinger) signature flashed my mind

Its really amusing when some falsely cry victim or act narcissistic

Apart from the all this if anyone as any problem with any mod or decisions taken by a mod you can write to me via PM maybe we can sort it out either with an explanation or a reversal, thats the max I can do.
Old September 19th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Junior eCharchan

Jaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Apart from the all this if anyone as any problem with any mod or decisions taken by a mod you can write to me via PM maybe we can sort it out either with an explanation or a reversal, thats the max I can do.
It's no problem Captain to that extent of sending PM wagaira wagaira. Just was voicing my opinions, doesn't mean all hell broke loose. This forum has been very tolerating of members free speech.
Old September 20th, 2015, 05:23 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Time for culture change at EC?

Let me actually commend the mods for a good job in redeeming the site from a hijack with just 3 bans.
Old September 20th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I came across a post on other forums which provided us some interesting points for reflection.

True or false (on each item): These are the reasons cited for new members to feel unwelcome, uncomfortable and/or violated:

Members from other dead forums want to come to echarcha and call it home. They want to change our culture. Maybe we could use some improvement.

What say?
WTF ? Sorry no vulgar language. Why would you even bring this up .Is this stopping new members ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old September 21st, 2015, 02:58 AM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

1. 15-20 old time active members run this forum like it's their baap ki basti.

2. Moderators are overwhelming new members with dadagiri - especially you two SS and Sgars. Swami is little more understanding, (but that's probably because of the osho effect)

3. Amtha and Dirty are always yelling and daatofying new members.

4. Too much vulgur language, in general. Everybody is opening galli-galoching echarcha (the owner).

6. Saneless is being saneless

What say?
When forums try to be "different" why bother with what works in other forums ? This forum's owner claims to promote a non-commercial discussion, and could not bother with whether or not any newbies come, register, play, and stay. In this scenario, the current character of the forum is the preferred character of the forum. The old timers (I had to look up baap ki basti) do have the right to whack the new ones, until the newbies learn to conform to the character of the forum.
Old September 21st, 2015, 11:05 PM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light

'Cuse me KalidasJi. I heard more in a private message, and realized that there is a grand conspiracy going on.

A bunch of new registrants in this forum, very likely refugees from a dying desi forum, are indeed trying to change the character of this BB. Their MO is to be .....

1. post polite, clean, and post with no expletives.
2. ignore responses from any oldies with more than, say, 500 posts.
3. be compliant with the welcome message, that has been scrolling on the right of the portal screen, being proud-loud, and being non-abusive.
4. show sufficient deference to the mods, admins to lull them into inefficiency.
5. And a few of these newbies are to pretend to be LADIES, and therefore, justify their own manner of clean posts, as well as be snooty with respect to vulgar posts from existing long term members of this forum.

And you bought into all this already.
How are admins and mods going to delete posts that are too-polite and nice...eh ? What if a bunch of newbies continue a discussion among themselves, of a sedate topic, of desi- matter, and carry on as if no one else is on this forum ? What if they contrive to respond only to non-vulgar discussions ? Form a clean clique and keep to themselves ?

This forum is in deep doo-doo. Ain't it ?
Old September 21st, 2015, 11:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

Dovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Time for culture change at EC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySar View Post
'Cuse me KalidasJi. I heard more in a private message, and realized that there is a grand conspiracy going on.

A bunch of new registrants in this forum, very likely refugees from a dying desi forum, are indeed trying to change the character of this BB. Their MO is to be .....

1. post polite, clean, and post with no expletives.
2. ignore responses from any oldies with more than, say, 500 posts.
3. be compliant with the welcome message, that has been scrolling on the right of the portal screen, being proud-loud, and being non-abusive.
4. show sufficient deference to the mods, admins to lull them into inefficiency.
5. And a few of these newbies are to pretend to be LADIES, and therefore, justify their own manner of clean posts, as well as be snooty with respect to vulgar posts from existing long term members of this forum.

And you bought into all this already.
How are admins and mods going to delete posts that are too-polite and nice...eh ? What if a bunch of newbies continue a discussion among themselves, of a sedate topic, of desi- matter, and carry on as if no one else is on this forum ? What if they contrive to respond only to non-vulgar discussions ? Form a clean clique and keep to themselves ?

This forum is in deep doo-doo. Ain't it ?
I hope I am not one of those who disappointed you

Why anyone needs to delete posts which are polite and within realm of Board's policy ?

What's the problem If two n00bs communicate among themselves and ignore other ? since when it is a crime, doesn't everyone do this in real life too ? What would you think of people (in real life) if they expect you to salute them just because you are new in town, Bullies

In a civilized society, people actually help newcomers become comfortable in their town, Behaving rowdy with them is two edged sword, Probably newcomer is far more rowdy and strong Imagine what would happen to 4 road side rowdies who never watched boxing, try to bully Mike Tyson walking from their neighborhood

Anyways my advise is, to give it time, It always worked for me All the board with time, adjusted according to me
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:39 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:

Why anyone needs to delete posts which are polite and within realm of Board's policy ?

What's the problem If two n00bs communicate among themselves and ignore other ? since when it is a crime, doesn't everyone do this in real life too ? What would you think of people (in real life) if they expect you to salute them just because you are new in town, Bullies

In a civilized society, people actually help newcomers become comfortable in their town, Behaving rowdy with them is two edged sword, Probably newcomer is far more rowdy and strong Imagine what would happen to 4 road side rowdies who never watched boxing, try to bully Mike Tyson walking from their neighborhood

Anyways my advise is, to give it time, It always worked for me All the board with time, adjusted according to me
As soon as I read this, I thought... well...well....well... Q.E.D.

And then I saw that helpful hint to the mod's. Whack any newbie member who has taken the avatar name of Mike Tyson.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:31 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm with you on bolded points. Welcome to the forum.