eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 14th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Travel Diary thread

Didn't we use to have a Travel forum?
It would be good to have one if we don't have it now.

Intent of starting this thread was to let echans share their travel experiences.
For example , santabajuwala keeps visting world famous places like Melbourne, Tokyo , Patna etc , many of us go to USA and India back and forth . It will be interesting to know some funny and not-so-funny experiences.

No need to share very personal experiences though.
Old June 14th, 2015, 10:28 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travel Diary thread

Wah. Kya Thread hai.
The top of the mind recall is of Goa trip from Bangalore in 2004 November (about Diwali time)

Highlights of the trip were-
Lots of Beer, seafood, etc.
interactions with a few Brit tourists including a bikini clad gori with a kallu son.
Dharm Bhrasht by trying to have beef steak. Of course i decided to disrespect other religions too and had quite a bit of Ham which was served complimentary in the hotel breakfast.

More details later.
Old June 14th, 2015, 03:50 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

But the main objective of the above Goa trip went for a toss. The objective was to ogle at some topless women. I did not find any this trip. i found a lot of them on Kolva beach way back in 1990. And apparently missed one nude one in the same trip. i did some enquiry from a bhaiya stallholder at Mapusa about it. He told that i had come too early. the season is Feb-March (thats when we had the 1990 trip). That guy told that he also got lucky with some ladies who got felt lonely at this distant place.
Old June 14th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Sahi. I never knew people can get lucky with strangers.
Old June 15th, 2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Sahi. I never knew people can get lucky with strangers.
LoL. Dost log told me that the Brit lady must have had her kid from a vacation in Carribean and her next one would have been a Desi had i tried a bit more.

In case you are on Netflix, try watching 'Blue Summer'.
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:19 PM

The return journey of the same trip from elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
The Kerala thread and my suggestion, reminds me of an interesting trip.
I was returning to Bangalore from Goa in a KSRTC Bus. my possessions were a thaili (like a shopping bag) and a briefcase. i had kept Feni , cashews, some wine and WHisky in the thaili and kept it in from of me. you are not supposed to carry Feni outside Goa and i doubted if the guys would allow me to carry other spirits too. Anyway, i planned to surrender these if needed. At the border, the pandus came and checked my briefcase but totally overlooked the thaili. So, the spirits travelled with me and some adventurous guys had a not so pleasant taste to Goa's country liquor!
Old June 18th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Senior eCharchan

thanks sgars.

it seems drsanta is back from Tokyo. Anything u want to share,santa?
Old June 19th, 2015, 04:03 AM

Quote:
thanks sgars.

it seems drsanta is back from Tokyo. Anything u want to share,santa?

NP,
But Santa has to share his experience from Bababanki long time back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Going to Bara Banki in few weeks for a business trip. I will be there for a week travelling to Kursi, Kheoli and Dewa. Never been there . Any suggestions ?

Sethji is giving me Rs. 175 allowance per day which incluces hotel and food.

Check my Badri in Baroda thread. I don;t want to say anything more......

Will be going by transport bus ( IIIrd Class ) . Staying in some cheap hotel .....

What should be doing there at night ???

Any good night night-clubs? Massage places? Whore houses?
Old June 21st, 2015, 04:48 AM

Now 21 years back. Bus journey experience
I was travelling from Orissa to Bangalore. The schedule was to reach Madras
Central in the morning and catch the bus. As is common, the train was 3 hours late. I could not understand Tamil. So, the fellow travellers in train gave me full advice on what to do.

Got out of the station, got into a bus. Asked the conductor -'Parry's' He gave me the ticket for Parry's. Found some passnegers in the bus, who seemed to know English and they asked me to get down at the correct place.

I walk around in Parry's and come across this bus. i find a bus and can see Bangalore written in Kanada on it.

So, i ask the Conductor 'Bangalore??". He replies "22C XYZ..". I assume he is saying it is in Platform 22C. But i cannot find platform 22C anywhere. So, i come back. Ask if he can speak in English or Telugu, but he could not. I was prudent enough not to try Hindi. Now, finally i find some gentleman who volunteers to translate. What he was saying was, 'Till 22 seat, it is reserved, you can sit in any seat after that'.

So, i now take a seat well in the back of the bus ( a lot of passengers had got in while i was asking the questions)

Now, the bus was a JJTC bus. i.e. J Jayalalitha Transport Corporation. The ticket had a photo of Amma on it. The bus was quite good anyways.

The Bus starts off. He plays songs, which seem to be old Amma numbers.

one of them
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Now, as soon as the bus crosses Vellore. Surprise. he switches to Hindi Numbers. here is one i remember.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

I did reach Bangalore ultimately in the evening.

I preserved that ticket for a long time. After seeing it, obe Bihari remarked 'At least, there is no Laloo transport Corporation in Bihar'
Old June 21st, 2015, 08:16 AM

This is a pic diary of the second phoren country visited.

Taken from my 4 MP Sony cam

View from the hotel room Not too first worldly

At the night. Apparently, it was a kind of a karaoke party

Market and hang out place Nanjing Road

View from my client office at 40th floor.

Old June 21st, 2015, 09:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Sahi. Karaoke party me party men kidhar hain?
Old June 22nd, 2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Sahi. Karaoke party me party men kidhar hain?
Party and People dono Andar hai.

To relieve the effort of guessing, the city is Shaghai.
And this was over a decade back as you can guess from the time stamps.
Old July 1st, 2015, 09:58 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

lingamala ( garland of the penis ) waterfalls near mahabaleshwar---photo taken by myself in recent trip

Last edited by ashdoc; July 1st, 2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old July 1st, 2015, 08:59 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

some more photos i took of mahabaleshwar in rains

Last edited by ashdoc; July 1st, 2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

Mahabaleshwar ki baat hi kuchh aur hai!